follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 04-06-2020, 01:47 AM   #1
chanklins

Drives: Scion FR-S RS1.0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I remove the fuel filler tube from the quarter panel?

So, I am replacing the quarter panel, and I cannot seem to figure out how to remove the tube from there. I know I can just cut the quarter panel. The issue though is going to be how to get it in the new one, since I cannot seem to be able to disassemble it.

I read every single repair manual and body shop manual for the car, googled, looked on the forums, but have been unable to find anything.

Somebody has to have done that, right?

Thanks.
chanklins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:22 AM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm sure you have tried this, but, have you tried unscrewing that black plastic ring off the top of the filler tube?

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:01 AM   #3
chanklins

Drives: Scion FR-S RS1.0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I'm sure you have tried this, but, have you tried unscrewing that black plastic ring off the top of the filler tube?

I didn't notice anything that can be unscrewed (besides the gas cap, of course lol) I will try again. I just haven't been able to find a how to anywhere, not even in the manual, and don't want to break it lol
chanklins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chanklins For This Useful Post:
humfrz (04-10-2020)
Old 04-10-2020, 01:10 AM   #4
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanklins View Post
I didn't notice anything that can be unscrewed (besides the gas cap, of course lol) I will try again. I just haven't been able to find a how to anywhere, not even in the manual, and don't want to break it lol
Well, on my 2013 FR-S, there is a large, fat, black, plastic ring at the top of the filler tube. When I turned mine it easily turned and acted like it wanted to screw off. I didn't want to turn it too much for fear it would unscrew and something would fall off.

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote