follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #169
DDGT86

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
The car enthusiast community have always had people that dislike one car or another. It is not new nor is it a bad thing. Do you agree with what everybody in your neighborhood or work/school does? I bet you don't. Why should we all like what everybody else does just because we like cars? There are many types of "enthusiasts" out there and they will never all agree or like everything. If they all did then there would be one type of car made and that would be it.

I guess I am just too old to grasp the whole concept of the Participated Award and if I don't like something I will say so and not admire somebody's work no matter what it may be. I won't go out of my way to insult somebody's work but I don't have to admire it either. Doesn't mean I "hate" them or their work just that agree with what they have done. People are allowed to disagree. It has been my experience that the biggest "haters" in the car crowd are the ones that do things they know many will not like and then walk around with a chip on their shoulder daring people to say something so they can start screaming "HATER".

Oh, and dude if English is your second language fine and dandy but even then you need to work on your punctuation, contractions, grammar and sentence structure. If it isn't then the school system has failed you badly since that was very painful to read.
Yes english is my second language and my post was not intended for you. I admire you for reading my post even if it was painfull. Last time i check i wasnt writing an essay so why bother. There is a diff with dislike and hatred. We can dislike and that is fine but hate is on another level. I gues school was fine cause i earned my degree and dis well on my board. Pls. Im new here and just trying to enjoy my car with fellow owners but seems like maybe i might be in the wrong place. So funny, that you would even call me on my writing. You must be an englisg professor or teacher.
DDGT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DDGT86 For This Useful Post:
Darth Khan (11-08-2017), Tcoat (11-07-2017), TorontoNat (11-08-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #170
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDGT86 View Post
Yes english is my second language and my post was not intended for you. I admire you for reading my post even if it was painfull. Last time i check i wasnt writing an essay so why bother. There is a diff with dislike and hatred. We can dislike and that is fine but hate is on another level. I gues school was fine cause i earned my degree and dis well on my board. Pls. Im new here and just trying to enjoy my car with fellow owners but seems like maybe i might be in the wrong place. So funny, that you would even call me on my writing. You must be an englisg professor or teacher.
The post was intended for anybody reading it wasn't it? Why would I be exempted or excluded?

The problem of defining dislike vs hate is that as soon as somebody says they don't like something they are accused of being a "hater".

Just now, because I disagreed with you, you you state you may be in the wrong place. You are in the right place and we can enjoy our cars together but that does not mean for one second we have to agree on everything.

No, I am neither. Just a person that is interested in continuing the long tradition of comprehensive communication.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:06 PM   #171
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,518 Times in 18,920 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
You must be an english professor or teacher.
I'm a neurosurgeon.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #172
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Just a person that is interested in continuing the long tradition of comprehensive communication.
So like taking into account visual cues and pheromonal interaction?
Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #173
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
So like taking into account visual cues and pheromonal interaction?
Well not THAT comprehensive!
Old 11-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #174
DDGT86

Quote:
I'm a neurosurgeon.
Great, what is your prognosis in the car enthusiat community. Seems like too many suffered from anoxic brain injury or perhaps they suffered traumatic brain injury from reckless driving. I exclude TCoat from this post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DDGT86 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-07-2017), Ultramaroon (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 09:25 PM   #175
Tcoat

Quote:
Great, what is your prognosis in the car enthusiat community. Seems like too many suffered from anoxic brain injury or perhaps they suffered traumatic brain injury from reckless driving. I exclude TCoat from this post.
There you go. Now you fit in perfectly. And it is readable.
DDGT86 (11-07-2017), Ultramaroon (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #176
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
It's all that slamming and hard parking. The cumulative effects of subconcussive head trauma are unmistakable.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:47 PM   #177
DDGT86

Quote:
It's all that slamming and hard parking. The cumulative effects of subconcussive head trauma are unmistakable.
Ah, i think the slamming and hard parking came much later, only after the injury and was only a manifestation. I think at first was the constant fast and furious followed by the fight or flight then constant hypertension that led to detrimental effect.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #178
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
Ah, i think the slamming and hard parking came much later, only after the injury and was only a manifestation. I think at first was the constant fast and furious followed by the fight or flight then constant hypertension that led to detrimental effect.
Interesting argument. I think it deserves more controlled studies. Too many variables.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:31 AM   #179
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I'll have to break in here, @DDGT86 , be aware that ol @Tcoat recently suffered a nasty rear end collision in a parking garage in Fife, WA.

@Ultramaroon can attest to any after effects ......

Whip lash, possible spinal injuries, brain concussions can be traumatic, when seated in a solid steel Saturn, when it's slammed into a solid concrete pillar.

I'll defer to Ultramaroon , since he is a neurosurgeon, for his thoughts as to whether Tcoat was traumatized or not........

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 07:37 AM   #180
Yousend

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
What about the Need for Spee.... Oh, right we're talking about twins.
Yousend is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yousend For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:21 AM   #181
Tcoat

Quote:
I think at first was the constant fast and furious followed by the fight or flight then constant hypertension that led to detrimental effect.
This is ft86club which is better described as the moderately quick and mildly annoyed.
Dadhawk (11-08-2017), TorontoNat (11-08-2017), Ultramaroon (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #182
Lakitu

Drives: 2017 Halo 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
You are driving too fast, and I bet you are accelerating too fast as well. If you want really high gas mileage, pretend both pedals have bad eggs under them and you will break them if you hit any pedal too fast.Always look way ahead of you and coast as much as possible. Also always drive as slow as possible. I hit 39 on the highways driving 5 to 10 under on cruise control the entire way. Oh, and shift at 2000- 2500 rpms.

These people drive way the heck too fast. I miss mass where 90% of my driving was under 50. That is how I hit 50 mpg in my Yaris with a little bit of hypermiling and coasting. Rural country roads are great for gas mileage, just as long as you don't have traffic behind you.

This too. The dash is always wrong. Keeping a running total in a notebook is the best way to really see what your gas mileage is.

Also note the police in NC are brutal, and they will give you a ticket for 5 over if they are in a bad mood. And the fines are totally insane.
Here in FL, if you aren't going 5 over the speed limit and taking off as quick as the traffic in front of you, people behind you become irritated, obnoxious, and reckless as hell. I once witnessed an accident happen where a guy a couple cars behind me got impatient, merged with right lane and ran smack into the rear bumper of a car. He thought that traffic was moving since it started inching, but he was wrong.

I've also witnessed, going the speed limit in a single-lane interstate road, car behind me crossed over into the other lane, passed me and threw a cup of coffee at my windshield. Lucky for him, it was my previous car, which was a cheap little compact car on its way out, and not my 86 or else I would have chased his ass down.

Unfortunately to say, you have to break the law a little bit for some peace of mind. That isn't to say that if I see traffic piling up a couple yards in front of me I'll coast to it. Kinda pointless to rush into a cloud of traffic only to have to stop. The less cars surrounding you, the safer you are.
Lakitu is offline   Reply With Quote