follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-30-2017, 03:48 AM   #1
zizon93

Drives: GBS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please identify this muffler for me.

I'm a fairly car noob guy and have never installed exhaust before in my life. Speaking of which, I found this muffler on Craiglist and was wondering if anyone can identify its specific name of it. Since it's Catback, is it safe for me to assume there won't be any kind of drone? also, the price seems somewhat decent even consider it's a used one but I'm not entirely sure about that either. I was literally about to purchase berk dual tech muffler delete but I found this instead. should I go for it? and are there any things that I have to look out when buying used muffler like this? thank you very much for helping car noob like me haha.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/6165690097.html
zizon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:56 AM   #2
bryansuriel3

Drives: Red Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizon93 View Post
I'm a fairly car noob guy and have never installed exhaust before in my life. Speaking of which, I found this muffler on Craiglist and was wondering if anyone can identify its specific name of it. Since it's Catback, is it safe for me to assume there won't be any kind of drone? also, the price seems somewhat decent even consider it's a used one but I'm not entirely sure about that either. I was literally about to purchase berk dual tech muffler delete but I found this instead. should I go for it? and are there any things that I have to look out when buying used muffler like this? thank you very much for helping car noob like me haha.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/6165690097.html

Trd exhaust ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bryansuriel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:28 AM   #3
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I think it's a Manzo.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:09 AM   #4
Joon525

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It's an FT86SpeedFactory exhaust.
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/ft86...l#.WVY_V4TytjE
The resonator seems to be updated but that's what it is.
Not a TRD, not a Mazno.

(The last flange is a floating flange and in the Craigslist pictures it's just moved up the length of the pipe instead of being pushed back to the end as shown in the FT86SpeedFactory's online catalog)
Joon525 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joon525 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,767 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
For the price i would take a shot to see how it sounds.
Teseo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teseo For This Useful Post:
JAPCRAP (07-02-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #6
zizon93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joon525 View Post
It's an FT86SpeedFactory exhaust.
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/ft86...l#.WVY_V4TytjE
The resonator seems to be updated but that's what it is.
Not a TRD, not a Mazno.

(The last flange is a floating flange and in the Craigslist pictures it's just moved up the length of the pipe instead of being pushed back to the end as shown in the FT86SpeedFactory's online catalog)
Thank you. I just texted the seller if he know the name of that exhaust and he said no. also I asked if it was drone and he was like what is drone? so I assume he's even noober than me haha. if that is really the one that you are referring to, should I just go get that exhaust? I tried to find it's sound on YouTube but couldn't find one. it's $150 so I feel like this is bargain for what it really is ... I don't know
Old 06-30-2017, 10:49 AM   #7
Joon525

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Quote:
Thank you. I just texted the seller if he know the name of that exhaust and he said no. also I asked if it was drone and he was like what is drone? so I assume he's even noober than me haha. if that is really the one that you are referring to, should I just go get that exhaust? I tried to find it's sound on YouTube but couldn't find one. it's $150 so I feel like this is bargain for what it really is ... I don't know
1. It is what I told you.
2. Really??? https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ory+v1+exhuast

No one's going to tell you what you should or should not get, it's ultimately up to you.
Joon525 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joon525 For This Useful Post:
zizon93 (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
zizon93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joon525 View Post
1. It is what I told you.
2. Really??? https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ory+v1+exhuast

No one's going to tell you what you should or should not get, it's ultimately up to you.
Hahaha. Thks buddy. Gonna get this by end of the tonight for $120. I'd say it's a bargain so I just cannot let t go. Thank you again!
Old 06-30-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
Silver Cervy
*Some really cool title*

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
I find it really weird that the guy selling it has no idea what the brand is nor knew what drone is. Leads me to believe that it isn't his car which means that he probably took it off someone else's car.

But for $150 it's worth taking a shot. If you're lucky the seller is just ignorant and has no clue what the true value of the exhaust is.
Silver Cervy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Cervy For This Useful Post:
zizon93 (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #10
zizon93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Cervy View Post
I find it really weird that the guy selling it has no idea what the brand is nor knew what drone is. Leads me to believe that it isn't his car which means that he probably took it off someone else's car.

But for $150 it's worth taking a shot. If you're lucky the seller is just ignorant and has no clue what the true value of the exhaust is.
The seller is telling me that muffler was installed on his car when he bought the car from someone else. I asked why is he trying to sell that muffler and his response was 'I sold the car and stop hitting me up with dumb questions do you want it or no?' and I was like okay chill I just wanna make sure ... I'll go get it tonight... Hope it doesn't turn out bad ... will let you guys know after I buy it.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:19 AM   #11
mrhandle

Drives: Genesis Coupe 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
just like what @Silver Cervy said, something's little fishy. But its your choice and if I were you I'd at least go and take a look because it's only $150. I mean if that is really what @Joon525 said it is, the price is like $800+ on brand new. Obviously, its used but still its really cheap.
mrhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #12
Silver Cervy
*Some really cool title*

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
The seller is telling me that muffler was installed on his car when he bought the car from someone else. I asked why is he trying to sell that muffler and his response was 'I sold the car and stop hitting me up with dumb questions do you want it or no?' and I was like okay chill I just wanna make sure ... I'll go get it tonight... Hope it doesn't turn out bad ... will let you guys know after I buy it.
He definitely doesn't sound like a kind fellow. But like I said $150 isn't a huge loss if things go bad. It might have a small pipe crack or gasket leak, and on that matter I did not see the gaskets and screws pictured or mentioned anywhere in his post so they may not be included.

Honestly if he was asking for any more money I would've said to avoid him. I hate doing shady deals like this.
Silver Cervy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Cervy For This Useful Post:
zizon93 (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #13
zizon93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Cervy View Post
He definitely doesn't sound like a kind fellow. But like I said $150 isn't a huge loss if things go bad. It might have a small pipe crack or gasket leak, and on that matter I did not see the gaskets and screws pictured or mentioned anywhere in his post so they may not be included.

Honestly if he was asking for any more money I would've said to avoid him. I hate doing shady deals like this.
Truth. I do not see any gaskets/screws as well. Let's say he doesn't have this, then do I have to buy those separately from online? and what if it really has crack on a pipe? is that fixable as well? sorry I'm kinda worry just a little.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #14
Lynxis

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Cracks can be fixed but then you are dealing with welding and the cost shoots up. You should be able to get the required hardware from your local hardware store in most cases. The gaskets are a different story, they will need to be ordered.

Buyer beware, this sounds stolen to me.
Lynxis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynxis For This Useful Post:
zizon93 (06-30-2017)