follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #323
jstn

Drives: '15 Vortech Supercharged
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
Are you tuned with a MAP sensor, and is that MAP sensor aftermarket?
That's the thing with this car - I don't really know. I bought it used in it's current form. Seems to be totally stock other than the Vortech kit and some sort of header-back exhaust. Looks catless, there's a big resonator where the secondary cat used to be. Based on the rest of the car and what little of it's history I have, I'm operating under the assumption that the SC install was most likely done in whatever the cheapest and most basic way is.

The plan is to baby it around this winter while I finish all of the shit that should have been done along with the SC kit: radiator, dual catch cans, cam plate, header, stuff like that. Then in the spring it's getting a small pulley and will be professionally tuned on a dyno.

I'll check and see if it has the OEM MAP sensor or not tonight. Pretty confident that it probably does have the original one since this is a pretty low boost set up and I don't know they would've needed a different one but I don't know all of the ins and outs of tuning so maybe I'm wrong there.

Last edited by jstn; 01-22-2020 at 04:51 PM.
jstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:10 PM   #324
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
That's the thing with this car - I don't really know. I bought it used in it's current form. Seems to be totally stock other than the Vortech kit and some sort of header-back exhaust. Looks catless, there's a big resonator where the secondary cat used to be. Based on the rest of the car and what little of it's history I have, I'm operating under the assumption that the SC install was most likely done in whatever the cheapest and most basic way is.

The plan is to baby it around this winter while I finish all of the shit that should have been done along with the SC kit: radiator, dual catch cans, cam plate, header, stuff like that. Then in the spring it's getting a small pulley and will be professionally tuned on a dyno.

I'll check and see if it has the OEM MAP sensor or not tonight. Pretty confident that it probably does have the original one since this is a pretty low boost set up and I don't know they would've needed a different one but I don't know all of the ins and outs of tuning so maybe I'm wrong there.
Well I believe a 'savvy' (or hacky) tuner can probably tune a base Vortech kit with the stock MAP sensor, even though it will peg it 1/2 way through the RPM range. But not ideal - if that's the case then it would make sense that your readings are capped. Worth it to check it out, and also worth it to upgrade and re-tune if it is the stock sensor. I think I might have an extra 2.5 bar sensor in my garage somewhere.
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:53 PM   #325
Try Again

Drives: 13' Brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Again View Post
Just wanted to share my vortech build, im going to get it dyno’d soon. Hoping for 400whp+
Its been boosted for 55k miles now. My brz has 87k miles currently on stock motor, still holding up fine *knocks on wood*
Oh, its only been about 10k miles since i swap from 3.33 pulley to the 2.87.
Mods:
- Vortech v2 w/2.87 pulley @15psi on e85.
- 1050x ID
- 65c DW fuel pump
- Radium catch can
- Radium fuel rails
- Ptuning flex fuel kit
- Custom intake setup to front of bumper (thanks to pure automotive for the design)
- Max bov upgrade
- 2017+ red intake manifold
- 72mm grams throttle body
- p3 multi vent gauge w/ analog boost reading
- oil pressure gauge
- afr gauge
- 19 row oil cooler
- Csf radiator
- tomei UEL headers
- JDL 3” overpipe/front pipe combo (catless)
- 3” Greddy Ti single exit exhaust
That’s basically it for power mods, other than that full suspension has been done coilovers, control arms, solid rear mounts, braces, etc..the list is long lol.
Currently tuned by mike @xero limit (aka moto-east) I definitely recommend him. I have 2 separate maps with different timings. One for daily “conservative” and other one is “kill mode”
So i got it dynoed on a dyno jet. It made 351whp and 268wtq. Anyone know why my numbers are low? I figured with the boost and mods itll be closer to the 400whp. At peak power afr’s are at 12.7 and around 24.7 degrees of timing. Graph is also linear with no dips. It does flat line around 6900 rpm though. Not sure what els i can do to push more power.
Reply your thoughts. Thanks!
Try Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #326
shadowking1711

Drives: Scion FR-S
Vortech supercharger V2 (3.14 pully)
Borla UEL Headers
Perrin Catback Exhaust
Zeitronix Flex Fuel kit
FIC 770CC injectors
AEM 340LPH Fuel pump
EcuTeck Tuned by HRI Tuning.
Run#1 On 93
Run#2 On E85
14 PSI
Mustang dyno
Attached Images

shadowking1711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #327
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,456 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowking1711 View Post
Vortech supercharger V2 (3.14 pully)

Borla UEL Headers

Perrin Catback Exhaust

Zeitronix Flex Fuel kit

FIC 770CC injectors

AEM 340LPH Fuel pump

EcuTeck Tuned by HRI Tuning.

Run#1 On 93

Run#2 On E85

14 PSI

Mustang dyno
Looks nice. I wish I could add some more boost to my setup.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #328
BRZ_Mobin17

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ (silver)
Hello 86 club.
So, currently my BRZ is running E85 with OFT and I have almost everything I need to finally install my Vortech I’ve had laying around for months now. I’ve just been debating what pulley I want to go with and I read someone mentioned the 3”, but it’s an 8rib.
How much of an issue would this be? And if it is a safe possibility what size belt should I run?
Also I’m going to be re-scaling the front O2, will I need to do this with the Omni 3 I’m going to be installing? And any other recommendations you might have?
Thank you for your time!

An idea of my setup:
*Engine*
- Vortech V3(not installed)
- OFT v2 (E85 pop tune)
- Omni 3Bar Map(not installed)
- Radium dual catch cans
- FIC 650 injectors(not installed)
- AEM 340 fuel pump(Not installed)
*Exhaust*
- Speed Factory UEL headers
- HKS front pipe
- Tomei over pipe
- Greddy Evo cat-back
*Wheel/Suspension*
- Tein Flex-A
- Rayz Gram Lights (57extreme)

Last edited by BRZ_Mobin17; 06-07-2020 at 09:48 PM.
BRZ_Mobin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #329
BRZ_Mobin17

If anyone has a 2.87” pulley they want to get rid of please DM me.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:15 AM   #330
Suzuyans
Something something

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Vortech), 1993 R32 GT-R
Well, I just bought this since it went on sale for an insane price.

It's going to take about 2-4 weeks to get here.

So question is...does this come with a BOV or nah? (Yeah I gave in to my inner rice unfortunately. I wanted the cool BOV sounds.)

I've seen people get a TurboSmart BOV but I'm not sure if that sticks to the stock one (if there even is one).

On the other hand, Vortech sells this one -

https://vortechsuperchargers.com/pro...ru-brz-systems

Just curious if I could save like 350 dollars buying a TurboSmart BOV.
Suzuyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:30 PM   #331
BRZ_Mobin17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuyans View Post
Well, I just bought this since it went on sale for an insane price.

It's going to take about 2-4 weeks to get here.

So question is...does this come with a BOV or nah? (Yeah I gave in to my inner rice unfortunately. I wanted the cool BOV sounds.)

I've seen people get a TurboSmart BOV but I'm not sure if that sticks to the stock one (if there even is one).

On the other hand, Vortech sells this one -

https://vortechsuperchargers.com/pro...ru-brz-systems

Just curious if I could save like 350 dollars buying a TurboSmart BOV.
The kit does come with a diverter valve, you can hear it but by no means is it as loud as the MaxFlow upgrade. The turbo smart is supposed to be in the middle of stock and MaxFlow in terms of noise. Also, the turbo smart does install in the same location as the Stock Diverter valve. You can even buy the MaxFlow without the new pipe and save a couple hundred you would just need the RS BOV adapter plate that would allow it to go in the stock valve location.
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZ_Mobin17 For This Useful Post:
Suzuyans (10-06-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 10:38 AM   #332
Hartley107

Drives: 203 Toyota 86 gts supercharged
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Vortech supercharger issues

Hey guys. Long time watcher first time poster so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I recently installed a vortech supercharger on my 2013 manual Toyota 86. It had a bad tune and was running very rich for a while. Eventually the car started to idle really rough, and break up at 5k rpm. So I replaced the coil packs, spark plugs and recently got a decent tune. The car ran great, made really good power. This lasted for about a week. Car now feels like stock power and sometimes doesn’t wanna idle like before. Feels like there is a dead stop sometimes between 3k-4K rpm. Can anyone help me out? Feel like maybe the cat is blocked up maybe from when it was running really rich. On my obd2 boost/temp gauge it’s hitting like 7psi which I think is what it was hitting when it was good. But on the exutek computer when it was getting tuned it was hitting 9psi. But of a noob haha. Cheers

Car has stock header.
Mxp comp rs cat back
3 port oil catch can
Hartley107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:24 PM   #333
shadowking1711

Drives: Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley107 View Post
Hey guys. Long time watcher first time poster so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I recently installed a vortech supercharger on my 2013 manual Toyota 86. It had a bad tune and was running very rich for a while. Eventually the car started to idle really rough, and break up at 5k rpm. So I replaced the coil packs, spark plugs and recently got a decent tune. The car ran great, made really good power. This lasted for about a week. Car now feels like stock power and sometimes doesn’t wanna idle like before. Feels like there is a dead stop sometimes between 3k-4K rpm. Can anyone help me out? Feel like maybe the cat is blocked up maybe from when it was running really rich. On my obd2 boost/temp gauge it’s hitting like 7psi which I think is what it was hitting when it was good. But on the exutek computer when it was getting tuned it was hitting 9psi. But of a noob haha. Cheers

Car has stock header.
Mxp comp rs cat back
3 port oil catch can
Who tuned your car and what other mods do you have? headers will def open up air flow out of the engine.
shadowking1711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:34 AM   #334
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,065 Times in 774 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
post logs or no help : \
tomm.brz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #335
anticubus

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
post logs or no help : \
@Hartley107 Yep, logs are important.

Grab these channels to start: Air Fuel Ratio (AFR), Commanded AFR, Short Term Fuel Trim (STFT), Long Term Fuel Trim (LTFT), Ignition Advance, and Advance Multiplier (IAM), and your boost pressure.

Upload to Datazap.me, it's a pretty widely used site to chart and share logs.
anticubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:16 PM   #336
Suzuyans
Something something

Drives: 2017 BRZ (Vortech), 1993 R32 GT-R
Hey guys, just got my package.

I'm waiting till Black Friday to buy the supporting mods and was wondering if I should change anything else.

I have a 2017 BRZ so I believe I don't have any need for an oil temperature gauge as there is a built in one. I'm also not running a boost gauge because it's...supercharged. However, I'm told it can be nice to have one in case of boost leaks?

Omni 3 BAR - Very very important and very much required.

MAPerformance Oil Cooler (Bought because some review said he ran it with a Vortech kit so presumably it should be fine.)

AEM AFR Gauge

AEM Oil Pressure Gauge

Racer X Catch Can (Debating if I should just splurge for the dual catch can but it's not like I'm tracking this car...)

Turbosmart 25mm BOV w/ Blue Spring

I believe this is all the important ones. It's the ones during installation that I require more knowledge about.

One quart of Subaru 0w20 for the Oil Cooler
One oil filter.
Gauge mounts.

Am I going to need additional stuff such as additional wiring, oil adaptors...ect?

All installation will be done by a professional shop and tuned by someone who is very familiar with the platform (DD Performance in Sealy, TX).
Suzuyans is offline   Reply With Quote