follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2020, 07:58 PM   #1
Ha1i8ut2

Drives: 2015 brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Help With My New Chassis Harness

hey guys so im taking to the forums to get some help with my car.

i just had to replace the entire chassis harness in the car and i just finished reinstalling it. once i plugged everything in and double checked everything i hooked up the battery and went to start the car. once i hooked up the battery the brake lights came on. also when i went to actually press the start button you get the initial dings and what not then a second time gets you your christmas tree dash. everything checked out and it was recognizing everything so i pushed in the clutch and tried to start it. no dice. tried pressing on the brake and clutch pedal and starting again but nothing. when i press the button with the clutch in i can hear the fuel pump priming and everything but nothing else happens. also the key when i press the unlock does nothing and the failsafe where you rub the keyfob on the ring did nothing. im wondering what ive done wrong here. i had to replace the fuse box under the dash with a new one. was i supposed to replace the black box on the back? the integral unit assembly? i also assumed the small black box that mounts to the body behind the hood release was the transciever for the keyfob but i may be incorrect. either way i need some help as im scheduled for paint at the end of next week and need to have it running and driving by then. not sure what i should do next. all help is beneficial so thanks in advance.
~ross
Ha1i8ut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Get a code reader for starters. The dash is lighting up for a reason.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:27 AM   #3
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds like the brake light switch is out of adjustment. Causes brake light issues and starting issues.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
Ha1i8ut2

Drives: 2015 brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Code reader gives.me code u0122. Says the computer list communication with the vehicle dynamic control module. Checked the connection on it and it all seems fine. I have 2 bcms since one was slightly damaged when the harness went up in smoke. The same codes are thrown with either one plugged in. The original one will still start the car. Where as the new one will not start the car. Fixed the brake light issue was just the pedal sensor needing adjusting.
Ha1i8ut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:41 AM   #5
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Garage
You can't swap BCM's between cars, they are programmed to each car. Once they are programmed to one car, they cannot be easily programmed to be used in another.

Tags
brz, help me, wiring