follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #57
kmbkk
First 86 Driver Baby!

Drives: FR-S, Flex
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I may be interested in doing this. I'm about to deploy for a couple of months and my car will end up sitting. The main problem is getting the car to Miami. I'd prefer it be shipped both ways. The only other problem is getting my wife to sign off on having my new car warranty voided (most likely) by adding a turbo kit. Doesn't bother me, but the last thing I need is to heare her say "I told you so!" (haha).
Old 06-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #58
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbkk View Post
I may be interested in doing this. I'm about to deploy for a couple of months and my car will end up sitting. The main problem is getting the car to Miami. I'd prefer it be shipped both ways. The only other problem is getting my wife to sign off on having my new car warranty voided (most likely) by adding a turbo kit. Doesn't bother me, but the last thing I need is to heare her say "I told you so!" (haha).
Do it, and hopefully Treadstone makes a new build thread for it and posts pics for you and the rest of us to see it being built while you're deployed! Sounds like the perfect coming home reward aside from seeing your wife and family!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #59
kmbkk
First 86 Driver Baby!

PM sent!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #60
wcbjr

Drives: 2006 Subaru LGT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadstone performance View Post
plus we loose $4k just driving of the lot.
Punt a single motor and you're also out 4k. Seems like alot of hassle to borrow a car.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #61
bakerr6

Drives: 2013 raven black fr-s
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbjr View Post
Punt a single motor and you're also out 4k. Seems like alot of hassle to borrow a car.
not really, it makes perfect sense. If you can borrow a car that is not going to be totally a primary market car (meaning you are not going to be redeveloping every part for the car), and possibly waive all the initial costs, then you are in a much better condition, when it comes to financial investments into the product, than buying a car to develop the product
Old 06-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #62
staycrushing

Drives: A Hot Mess
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerr6 View Post
not really, it makes perfect sense. If you can borrow a car that is not going to be totally a primary market car (meaning you are not going to be redeveloping every part for the car), and possibly waive all the initial costs, then you are in a much better condition, when it comes to financial investments into the product, than buying a car to develop the product
well think of it this way... whatever parts they invest in it can be directed towards a tax write off because it is directly correlated to selling the kit and making a profit.

now on a test car usually a person that is chosen is active on forums, when people see this kit daily driven and holding up to those conditions and then the guy takes it to the track or a show every now and then it gets even more exposure. it sees the enviroments that every other kit will see that is produced and sold.

it is real world testing, marketed directly to the niche market they are trying to get to purchase the product and on top of that they dont have to purchase that car and be 25 grand in the whole (if not more).

it makes perfect business sense and engineering sense.

ive done many test fits as well as sponsorships with companies and what they are really seeking is not just a guy to be like "cool free parts" but help them market and sell the product so they get a return on investment.

hell... when i was developing parts with my old company strafe (before my business partners ran it into the ground) just google it for lulz... i gave away a full g35 sedan kit, we also gave away many bumpers for test fits and marketing purposes because those people we know would have our product get noticed.

a few hundred or thousand dollars to make many times more is not a bad idea at all.

you gotta spend money to make money and if both parties win so be it.

i worked with treadstone on my blue/purple spec v, car went to sema, then in a rather set of unfortunate events after this body shop shorted out the main wiring harness to my car, i invested out of my own pocket like 3,000 dollars to try to get it to run but finally had to give up after.

while the car had the kit on it was a BEAST, was running a turbonetics t3/t4 turbo with 7psi and car was around 300hp... pulling on people all day.

never had one issue with kit, the uprev flash they use is hands down one of the best on the market. i only wish the car still ran... its just sitting in my driveway :/
Old 06-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #63
markmatley
Shipping to Hawaii?...

Drives: '13 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I got lost in this thread. Where does it begin? Page 3 with post 54 or with that Hi I am Omar post? *scratches head*

I would like to hear more about the R&D, but got lost in the banter.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #64
kmbkk
First 86 Driver Baby!

If I understand correctly, it will be a full bolt-on kit using the stock engine. The kit will have a Borg Warner EFR 6758 internally wastegated turbo.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #65
WolfsFang
Scrape Master

Drives: Goal: Oldest FRS State Side
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatley View Post
I got lost in this thread. Where does it begin? Page 3 with post 54 or with that Hi I am Omar post? *scratches head*

I would like to hear more about the R&D, but got lost in the banter.
Yes thats where it starts, they just edited their first post.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #66
R/TErnie
Boost Junkie

Drives: Evo 9, 98 Neon R/T
Nameless,
Have any idea what a B16 or a B18's R/S ratio is? It's not the R/S ratio that is doing the MS3's in.

Treadstone,
Best of luck with your kit.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #67
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
[QUOTE=R/TErnie;279059]Nameless,
Have any idea what a B16 or a B18's R/S ratio is? It's not the R/S ratio that is doing the MS3's in.
/QUOTE]

Aren't they like in the 1.7x range? Honda motors all have very high R/S ratios, including economy motors.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #68
R/TErnie
Boost Junkie

Drives: Evo 9, 98 Neon R/T
B18C1 and B18C5: 1.58:1

4G63 100mm stroke Evo motor... 1.5:1 This combo has been taken to over 1000whp. I've personally built parts and worked on one that made 750whp. I believe Kevin Kiggly runs a 100mm crankshaft in his 8 second DSM... so yeah it works.

It's not the R/S ratio.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #69
Bonburner
6/22/12-2/6/24

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S M/T Argento
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I wish you guys the best of luck and looking forward to seeing the results!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #70
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadstone performance View Post
Greetings,

My name is Omar and I am the Head of Engineering and Design at Treadstone Performance Engineering. I would first like to ask for your forgiveness for the previous post, the employee that perpetrated those acts has been reprimanded and you will not be hearing from him again. All communication will go thru me from now on. To answer some of the questions/comments posted earlier,

1. We will provide a signed agreement to all participating parties, making Treadstone Performance Engineering liable for any damages to the vehicle while it is in our care.

2. Treadstone Performance Engineering was incorporated in 2006 and has been in businesses for 10 years

3. Treadstone Performance Engineering DID NOT buy-out Turbonetics; however we did buy out the rights to several of their kits including the 350Z, Scion tC and Nissan SpecV among others. We have always maintained a very close relationship with Turbonetics and consider them a close ally in the performance field.

4. As for kit specifications a Borg Warner EFR 6758 internally wastegated, with a low mounting location. We chose a low mounting location for a stealth appearance, minimal piping to improve throttle response and to keep weight down and center of gravity as low as possible.

Again thank you for all of your comments and opinions if you have any further question or like more detailed information please feel free to call 888-789-4586 or email info@treadstoneperformance.com

We can also be reached through our website at treadstoneperformance.com

Regards,
Omar
Were you able to secure the donor car this weekend?

Closed Thread