follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 05-02-2022, 11:49 PM   #71
DNAcomposition

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited 6MT WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Since image upload sites aren't cooperating here is the text I got:

Dear XXXXXX,

We’re glad you’ve chosen Subaru as your next vehicle. We’re sending this email to confirm that we received your order from Bob Moore Subaru for your new BRZ, and are working hard to get it to you as soon as possible.

You made a great choice that will be worth the wait, because 96% of Subaru vehicles sold in the last 10 years are still on the road today, more than Honda or Toyota*. You can feel confident that you and your passengers are protected, too, since Subaru has earned more IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ awards than any other brand since 2013 as of September 2021.

We’ve included your unique Vehicle Order Number in this email. Please reference this number when asking any questions about your order, and use Bob Moore Subaru as your point of contact:
I received an E-mail from Subaru of America with this same text (but with different dealership name) and VON. Sounds like there are a couple of different processes for ordering, depending on the dealership.
DNAcomposition is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 12:42 AM   #72
DNAcomposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwho707 View Post
Is the official 23 MY preorder started or is it just dealers are taking in orders? I contacted few local dealers, one said they can place orders and expecting delivery of Sept, they have one guy on their list so far. While another dealer mentioned they are still waiting for Subaru to open orders but they do have 5+ pre-orders finalized (few hundred deposit to be charged once they can actually place orders, but not now).

Totally lost, any ideas which one should go after, is there any downside in choosing a "popular" dealer?
Subaru announced 2023 pricing on April 19th, and that's also the date that dealers started taking orders. As for which dealer I would choose, it would depend mainly on how reputable that particular dealer is in terms of treating customers fairly, i.e. offering fair pricing and not forcing dealer-installed accessories. Under current market conditions with ongoing supply shortages, it seems that MSRP is the best deal. After that, I would personally be more comfortable with a dealer that can confirm an order now, instead of the promise of ordering in the future.
Old 05-04-2022, 09:40 AM   #73
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,229 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Is the official 23 MY preorder started or is it just dealers are taking in orders? I contacted few local dealers, one said they can place orders and expecting delivery of Sept, they have one guy on their list so far. While another dealer mentioned they are still waiting for Subaru to open orders but they do have 5+ pre-orders finalized (few hundred deposit to be charged once they can actually place orders, but not now).

Totally lost, any ideas which one should go after, is there any downside in choosing a "popular" dealer?
It's official. The sales guy showed me the Subaru order form from their site.

It's just a waiting game at this point.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:54 AM   #74
Ohio Enthusiast

Drives: 2018 BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Another data point - a sales rep from Wagner Subaru in the Dayton, OH are told me they are taking orders for 2023 MY BRZs and expect deliveries in November.
Ohio Enthusiast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 05:37 PM   #75
sunwho707

Drives: is200t
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks @DNAcomposition and @OkieSnuffBox, decided to work with the first dealer who can actually place orders. A VON was sent to me from subaru usa few hours after confirmed with dealer, ETA Sept according to the sales.
sunwho707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:10 PM   #76
DNAcomposition

Quote:
Thanks @DNAcomposition and @OkieSnuffBox, decided to work with the first dealer who can actually place orders. A VON was sent to me from subaru usa few hours after confirmed with dealer, ETA Sept according to the sales.
Nice. Now the waiting begins.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:30 PM   #77
mike2100

Drives: 23 BRZ
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
I got an update email from my dealer today. Delivery estimate moved up 30 days, from 9/30 to 8/30.
Order placed 5/1
mike2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:05 PM   #78
OkieSnuffBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2100 View Post
I got an update email from my dealer today. Delivery estimate moved up 30 days, from 9/30 to 8/30.
Order placed 5/1
Nice! I would be thrilled if mine actually showed up in August, but haven't received any updates.

I ordered 4/26 and was given an estimated range of Aug-Sept.
Old 05-09-2022, 05:52 PM   #79
DNAcomposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Nice! I would be thrilled if mine actually showed up in August, but haven't received any updates.

I ordered 4/26 and was given an estimated range of Aug-Sept.
I was given an August estimate for my order placed on 4/20, but I'm thinking Aug-Sept too.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:18 AM   #80
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Interesting to see people getting August delivery dates. That would mean production for the MY23s would need to start in June when you factor in build time and then transportation.

I wonder what they means for all the people who ordered MY22s and are still waiting?
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:49 AM   #81
OkieSnuffBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
Interesting to see people getting August delivery dates. That would mean production for the MY23s would need to start in June when you factor in build time and then transportation.

I wonder what they means for all the people who ordered MY22s and are still waiting?
I fully expect it to not be here until October.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:10 AM   #82
SlowTime

Drives: 2009 MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

I'm still waiting, almost five months right now. Subaru says sometime in May, but some people who ordered before me have been pushed to July. But now '23's will be here in August? Not sure what is going one with this.
SlowTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:07 AM   #83
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowTime View Post
I'm still waiting, almost five months right now. Subaru says sometime in May, but some people who ordered before me have been pushed to July. But now '23's will be here in August? Not sure what is going one with this.
You sure you didn't "order" a GR86? If you don't have a VIN (or at least a VON) by now, I don't see how you aren't getting a '23. And if you are getting a '23, not sure how you would be getting it before August (probably later).
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:15 PM   #84
SlowTime

Drives: 2009 MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
You sure you didn't "order" a GR86? If you don't have a VIN (or at least a VON) by now, I don't see how you aren't getting a '23. And if you are getting a '23, not sure how you would be getting it before August (probably later).
BRZ, ordered in store back in December with a print out from the dealer with the order specs. VON came within two days by email. And that's the end of it. Called Subaru twice, still saying May with no further email. Some who ordered a week before me got their cars in April, saw another that was pushed back to July.
SlowTime is offline   Reply With Quote