follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-24-2021, 09:42 AM   #4271
Kraftwerk_Race

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I checked the entire exhaust with a leaf blower and soapy water sprayed all from header gasket to the very end and had only one hole in original weld half way down the car. I fixed it and tested it, but that pinhole was probably always there.
Kraftwerk_Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:25 AM   #4272
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,059 Times in 769 Posts
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
log from cold start to warm coolant, to see how it changes the idle and the trims when it switches injection (warm it only uses direct)
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (03-24-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #4273
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
you have extreme positive fuel trims
check for exhaust leak near the lambda sensor
You're the fkn man. Love reading your posts
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:29 PM   #4274
Kraftwerk_Race

Drives: Scion FR-S
From 1 through 6 are logs as the car was getting warmer. Not sure if time brakes are too long or not. I can make more logs more often.
(I had to rename csv files to txt. Change it back to csv to open with Excel)
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1_Cold.txt (2.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: txt 2_Cold.txt (7.8 KB, 106 views)
File Type: txt 3_Warm.txt (17.4 KB, 137 views)
File Type: txt 5_Drive.txt (8.7 KB, 117 views)
File Type: txt 6_Hot.txt (16.5 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Kraftwerk_Race; 03-24-2021 at 08:58 PM.
Kraftwerk_Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:01 PM   #4275
tomm.brz

man to upload these i d have to change extension to .csv and upload 6 times
please learn to upload yourself to datazap.me
Old 03-24-2021, 11:07 PM   #4276
tomm.brz

well i looked at them
either the engine is sucking in unmetered air from somewhere in in the intake, or you have a leak near lambda sensor
lambda seems ok and maf also
Cold start looks better and that's when injection is split 50/50 DI/PI, and the trims are a bit better

or the Direct injectors have some problems which i dont know since no one usually has problems with them
would need extensive and detailed log with ecutek to jump on last conclusion so I can't help

or tune itself is bad and doesn't scale well the Port injectors
Old 06-23-2021, 09:41 PM   #4277
KxngCorey

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S
Garage
Is this tread still alive. I have some questions about the kraftwerks supercharger basemap
KxngCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:18 PM   #4278
DocRecon
Muscle Car to Import

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoth View Post
Same here.

BTW: Anyone experience that the air in-tube becoming noisy like a high pitch whistle. I'm pretty sure it's the in-take tube, because it was able to trace it the when I cleaned my air filter. The pitch is coming from the in-take tube with or without the filter.

I looked, but from what I can tell this question still stands. I have the same thing. My air filter has a whistling sound coming from it (sounds like cicadas and IT's NOT our car's crickets). It made me super paranoid when I first started hearing it, which lead me to change all pulleys on car (except crank), change tensioner, change serpentine belt, pull supercharger (re-install), and I've double.....no, triple....no, quadruple checked the Rotrex fluid. In fact, I'm going to check it again.

I know some aftermarket filters whistle but damn, this sounds a bit much. I've looked at everything in the engine bay but it keeps coming from the air filter/end of the intake tube. I can put my ear/stethoscope to the head unit and it sounds fine, the supercharger belt tension sounds fine, and I have great vacuum at idle (~ -21-22 Hg). The car runs like a scolded dog while shitting razor blades.

I'm thinking the C38 pulls too much air for the filter (Type?, Brand?) and causes the whistle, so a different one may help........but I'm probably wrong. As the only thing I haven't tried is pulling the air filter off and letting it run for a test, so it may not even be the filter at all.

I'm just glad that I'm not the first to ask about it. Any thoughts, comments, experiences?

Doc
DocRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:03 AM   #4279
tomm.brz

also the hks v2 tends to whistle, don't worry
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
DocRecon (07-07-2021)
Old 07-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #4280
DocRecon
Muscle Car to Import

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
also the hks v2 tends to whistle, don't worry
I just hope the damn nut holding the propeller blade didn't come loose. I'm pulling the air intake today and checking it.
Old 08-22-2021, 12:50 PM   #4281
KxngCorey

Garage
Hey guys I know it's beating a dead horse here. I read this thread top to bottom. My question is how often are we supposed to check tension. I've been checking every day at cold starts
Some days it's super loose. Some days it's tight. I live in NY so idk if the humidity has anything to do with that. Anything helps. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2021, 12:12 AM   #4282
DocRecon
Muscle Car to Import

Quote:
Originally Posted by KxngCorey View Post
Hey guys I know it's beating a dead horse here. I read this thread top to bottom. My question is how often are we supposed to check tension. I've been checking every day at cold starts
Some days it's super loose. Some days it's tight. I live in NY so idk if the humidity has anything to do with that. Anything helps. Thanks.

I live in Kentucky and have massive temperature swings as well. I was super paranoid about checking my tension after every trip but as I grew more accustomed to my blower, I check it a lot less now. I can hear the differences between when it's too tight or if it's getting too loose.

My car is a DD that sees a lot of stop/go driving, so I don't get many chances to give it hell and have had pretty good luck on keeping the tension where it should be. I may check it now before a long trip or afterwards, or perhaps every other week unless, like I said before, it starts to sound different and I get belt flap.

In my opinion there's no right or wrong amount of times you can check to make sure it's properly tensioned. These are big investments with severe consequences if something goes wrong, so if you want to check it every 1hr, then so be it.

Hope this helps.
Doc
Old 09-20-2021, 03:35 PM   #4283
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KxngCorey View Post

i hate to be super jaded. but this kit is seriously the biggest piece of garbage ever. to make it worse with even worse customer support. you're gonna have to check the tension every time you drive your car.

too tight, you'll wear our the bearings in the pulleys causing the pulleys to wobble. in turn, will cause incorrect belt wear OR snapping the supercharger pulley bolt. so you'll need to get new pulleys, new belt and possible sending in your supercharger for repair for the sc main pulley bolt.

too loose, you'll end up with the same issue.

this kit is absolutely complete garbage and absolute trash. I've had this kit in the early days of ownership of my car and I HATE that people STILL buy this kit. do yourself a favor sell this POS kit and buy yourself a jackson racing supercharger kit.

this kit is literally so bad, i am SHOCKED they still sell these too poor folks who don't know any better. It isn't fair and I hate seeing people buying this kit still and then run into issues, only to be backed up (or not backed up) by non existent customer service.... I wish an admin or mod of this thread would just block/delete this thread because of these reasons.... good luck, if i were you i'd sell this kit and buy a jackson racing superchareger kit if you want a supercharger...
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #4284
KxngCorey

Garage
Actually Joell at Kraftwerks has helped me alot. And I've had the kit on for about 4.months no issues. Tension has been the same. This is with hard pulls and mountain runs. Tension and belt hasn't skipped a beat. I was asking because of what I read on the forums. I'm guessing people were over tighting and that led to the Kraftwerks kit getting a bad rap. Put this in perspective.
5 months no issues and I blew 2.coilpacks. lol Name:  SmartSelect_20210920-154709_Photos.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  153.4 KB