follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 04-19-2021, 04:07 PM   #71
SirEspo

Drives: 13 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpsicle View Post
I don't see how, considering the unit is built to directly replace 1 of the 2 pieces.
I'd be interested to see the back of the unit and how it mounts up. If there's anything that can be removed (I imagine it's modular to fit multiple vehicles) then I might be able to craft something up that would fit the replacement piece I have.
SirEspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:08 PM   #72
Rican_D

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
The unit screws directly onto the dash piece it comes with. The unit is very shallow. Unless you 3D printed a one piece dash, using the dash piece it comes with, it won't be possible to mount it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Rican_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:28 PM   #73
Trap63

Drives: Brz WRB - Europe LHD
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirEspo View Post
I'd be interested to see the back of the unit and how it mounts up. If there's anything that can be removed (I imagine it's modular to fit multiple vehicles) then I might be able to craft something up that would fit the replacement piece I have.
I asked many times to show the back to understand how to proceed in 3D printing of an adapter to install onto a wide dash (2016+).....
Old 04-21-2021, 04:43 PM   #74
nwgabrz

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Does this have Android Auto/Apple Carplay compatibility?
nwgabrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #75
Rican_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgabrz View Post
Does this have Android Auto/Apple Carplay compatibility?
There's talk that a new update coming up will add that feature.

Old 04-22-2021, 02:27 PM   #76
nwgabrz

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican_D View Post
There's talk that a new update coming up will add that feature.

Sounds good. That is probably the only thing holding me back from this head unit. The price and everything else seems great. Would you mind posting and letting us know (tag) if/when that update is live?
nwgabrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nwgabrz For This Useful Post:
ermax (04-23-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #77
Rican_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgabrz View Post
Sounds good. That is probably the only thing holding me back from this head unit. The price and everything else seems great. Would you mind posting and letting us know (tag) if/when that update is live?
I believe it was for end of month, but I'll post when is live

Old 04-23-2021, 11:06 AM   #78
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirEspo View Post

You are correct. The HU is universal and comes with an adapter that fits the dash and the HU is bolted into that.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:14 PM   #79
Rican_D

Update log
Version date : XX.05.2021
Dear CC3 users, for the convenience of using the device, in April this year. we have added functions under clauses 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 21. Due to the fact that the update project is very large, the software update version needs to be postponed for a while. Thanks for your patience and understanding! Full software update is expected to arrive in May!

The new version will add the following features:

one.
Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

four.
The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

five.
Added adjustment of the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection as well as Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you need to use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure your mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

eight.
Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

nine.
Added black and white dropdown menu mode for music player, radio player, Teyes Radio, Bluetooth phone, Bluetooth music and settings.

10.Added
function of switching the black and white mode in accordance with the inclusion of car headlights. Implemented smooth switching without interrupting running programs.

eleven.
Optimized Bluetooth dialing software. Added selection of cartoon avatars in favorite contacts. And also implemented data synchronization with the main interface.

In addition to adding new cartoon avatars, the basic Bluetooth protocol has also been updated to support the synchronization of avatars in mobile phone contacts with the vehicle's head unit.

Added mute key for incoming call. If you do not want to answer the call and hang up the phone, you can turn off the sound so that the ringtone does not bother you.

fourteen.
Added support for displaying Fahrenheit temperature for US users.

fifteen.
Added support for non-wake-up phrase commands and human voice responses for South Korea voice control. T MAP has been updated to open the "turn on navigator" command.

sixteen.
Added application for listening to radio online - TEYES RADIO. Music can be played anywhere in the world without delay. Added a private radio station. You can also download or share music through the site mp3.teyes.ru

Steering wheel key customization tutorial added for multiple languages.

eighteen.
Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

nineteen.
Added multi-finger touch control function. For how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

twenty.
Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!

The file manager interface has been redesigned.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rican_D For This Useful Post:
ermax (04-27-2021), nwgabrz (04-26-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 04:51 PM   #80
ermax

I'd love to see CarPlay happen. Just curious, have you seen the Car Link beta which enables Android Auto and CarPlay? You can download it here:
https://www.teyes.com.au/pages/tech-portal

Curious if this would get you CarPlay before they release the official update. If so I will probably go ahead and order one of these.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:40 PM   #81
Rican_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I'd love to see CarPlay happen. Just curious, have you seen the Car Link beta which enables Android Auto and CarPlay? You can download it here:
https://www.teyes.com.au/pages/tech-portal

Curious if this would get you CarPlay before they release the official update. If so I will probably go ahead and order one of these.
Didn't see that, I'll give it a try

Old 04-30-2021, 06:32 PM   #82
Rican_D

Android Auto works great with that carlink app. Just can't use the factory USB port for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rican_D For This Useful Post:
ermax (05-02-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 07:57 AM   #83
ermax

I placed an order on Friday. Just have to wait a month for it to arrive.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #84
ermax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican_D View Post
Android Auto works great with that carlink app. Just can't use the factory USB port for it.

I came across someone else confirming that wireless CarPlay worked with that Car Link beta. So that is exciting.