follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #127
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I was taught 40 years ago that the number one rule for safe driving is to not make waves. Blend in with the flow of traffic. Going too fast for the prevailing traffic speed is making waves. So is going too slow. People who think they have the right to drive slower than everyone else don't realize that a rock sitting in the middle of an otherwise clear running stream makes waves.

On the other hand, I generated my driving habits around Boston, where the roads are kill or be killed.
"Blinker? You want me to warn the enemy of my intentions?"
Took a long time to lose that mentality.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mid_life_crisis For This Useful Post:
brzr (01-24-2014), chas3wba0 (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 07:21 AM   #128
BRZ_Lawyer
Hardworking

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz, 2013 C300 4Matic
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Guilty..... I'm a complete bmw m3 driver on the road unless there is heavy traffic

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
2013 C300 4Matic
Septa, NJtransit, MTA
BRZ_Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #129
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Hu View Post
Ha, I actually spotted a brand new FRS zig-zagging all accross 4 lanes on my morning commute this morning with the traffic already going 70-75. I'm sure he was going at least 80mph. He went from being in the left lane (fast lane), to the slow lane, and back to the fast lane just to move one car ahead.

I waved as he passed me as I took the BRZ out today with no response. I'm glad he didn't acknowledge me lol.
Can you imagine at 80mph as he started weaving, the car started drifting, get into tail happy and all that ?

Yeah, these car was designed to be tail happy handling. They were not designed to be glued down on the street at high speed, and straight line performances.

Next time, please get away from him as much as possible, becausei can see him tail happy easily accross all 4 lanes, and pile the accidents up.

Those weaving cars should never be 86. Any FWD, and AWD like Evo, STI, GTR is ok to be doing so.

I can not tell you how many of these 86 suddenly got out of control, not because of stuck pedal, but because people lack of respect for it, or underestimate it.

Another fact. True car enthusiast and grown up driver will never weave like that . Reasons

1/ you ony save so much time at your destination, may be 10-15 minutes. While a speeding ticket is 250$ or more, with a sweet reccord, and 30+ minutes pull over. I can drive at speed limit, be safe, legally, and faser than you in case you got pulled over.

2/ you know your skills limit at the track, and you know on the street is not the place to do it.
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #130
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitigir View Post
Can you imagine at 80mph as he started weaving, the car started drifting, get into tail happy and all that ?

Yeah, these car was designed to be tail happy handling. They were not designed to be glued down on the street at high speed, and straight line performances.

Next time, please get away from him as much as possible, becausei can see him tail happy easily accross all 4 lanes, and pile the accidents up.

Those weaving cars should never be 86. Any FWD, and AWD like Evo, STI, GTR is ok to be doing so.

I can not tell you how many of these 86 suddenly got out of control, not because of stuck pedal, but because people lack of respect for it, or underestimate it.

Another fact. True car enthusiast and grown up driver will never weave like that . Reasons

1/ you ony save so much time at your destination, may be 10-15 minutes. While a speeding ticket is 250$ or more, with a sweet reccord, and 30+ minutes pull over. I can drive at speed limit, be safe, legally, and faser than you in case you got pulled over.

2/ you know your skills limit at the track, and you know on the street is not the place to do it.
I stayed away as far as I could from him. Fortunately, he/she didn't cause anything. It's the second time I've seen that car in my commute with the same scenario for both. The driver must really need to be somewhere fast, or a couple minutes earlier lol.
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #131
TheLaughingMan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Look, there are going to be douchebags in any car that's "special." By that I mean basically any car that's not your mom n' pop buick. Motorcycles too (and not just crotch rockets). I think a user hit it on the head when they said that douchebags will be douchebags, regardless.

The point is to make a conscious effort to *NOT* be one of them. If you drive a twin and you're not a douchebag, then score one for the good guys.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #132
zaptorque

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoh View Post
These cars are the new Integra/Civics, what can you say.
civic is like 9k less.
zaptorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #133
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Can we start a support group "I'm a douchebag BRZ/FRS driver"?
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZionsWrath For This Useful Post:
FRSure (01-28-2014), Nasty Sausage (05-28-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #134
shiro

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2014 Lexus IS350
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
Can we start a support group "I'm a douchebag BRZ/FRS driver"?
Haha, love it!

I had a feeling this topic would come up at some point, lol. Since this car is more affordable than other sports cars we will probably see an incline of douchery moves everywhere. Oh well, I forsee cheaper FRS parts online lmao. But I hope insurance doesn't go up :P
shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #135
yuicebox
Banned

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Oh man, i love speeding on highways, I guess I'm a douchebag :[

I have a radar detector and for a while I was commuting 100+ miles a day, so you kind of get in the habit of just GOING.

I hate to say it but it actually makes me feel a ton better about everything. After a long, shitty day at work, nothing clears my head up like flying down the highway for 45 minutes, skimming along, with the only thing to think about being the road ahead.

One of the major downsides of driving as fast as I do is that EVERYONE thinks that I'm trying to race them and I end up with idiot ****s in civics and integras weaving through traffic at 100+ trying to keep up with me. THAT kind of shit is dangerous, and usually when it happens I slow down and laugh at them.

I see your point though, I do drive more aggressively than I should in this car and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
yuicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yuicebox For This Useful Post:
Missy (01-28-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #136
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
In Phoenix, it's the mustangs that then to be the d*bag drivers. Whenever I see another twin on the road here, they're usually pretty chill.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
FReSh_86 (01-28-2014), FRSure (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #137
Joakim3

Drives: 04' Saab 9-5 Aero
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
In my area its anyone with a G35/37, 5.0 Mustang, 335i/M3 or any variant of a A5, they all think there the shit, they all will tailgate you and there always the one doing 90+ in the left lane

In regards to the twins, I've only encountered one that was driving fast and that was because we were playing cat and mouse on the freeway
Joakim3 is offline   Reply With Quote