follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
renaissancereddy

Drives: White 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2014 Subaru BRZ Limited 6mt - Impeccably Maintained and Sorted

Up for sale is my 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited. I looked at dozens of cars before finally finding this one; it's uncommonly nice. Both the exterior and interior are in perfect shape, and mechanically it has been meticulously maintained. I bought it last year from the original owner, who is a reputable Porsche owner and Porsche Club of America member in his 40s. He maintained the car up to the highest standards and put thousands of dollars into tasteful and functional modifications to improve every aspect of the car, without sparing any expense.

I cannot stress this enough: This is not your run of the mill, teenager/millennial owned, poorly modified BRZ. It is truly a superlative example of this platform, maintained and modified like a Porsche by a Porsche owner. If you're just looking for a cheap entry into this platform, this car is not for you. I've owned 3 BRZs before this and have driven dozens of others, and I can safely say that you will not find another one like this.

Use:
Daily Driver: 2014-2017.5
Weekend/Track Car: 2017.5-2019
Weekend Car: 2019-2021

Modifications:
-17x9 Kosei K6R Wheels w/Direzzas - while they look good, they are track and not show wheels and do show use/wear.
-RaceComp Engineering Tarmac2 Coilovers
- ~21k miles-RaceComp Engineering Camber plates (front) & pillowball mounts (rear)
-Mishimoto Oil Cooler, professionally installed at SSAW, Kingston MA
-New Rotors installed 4/17
-G-loc Brake Pads used for 2-3 track days (no street), almost new - Front (R16) & Rear (R12)
-Kartboy short shift kit-Open Flash Tablet
-Revworks catless header
-Magnaflo Cat Back Exhaust
-Clear Toms Tails w/LED relay-HID Fog Lights
-Custom Alcantara & leather steering wheel, alcanterra interior panels by SWEIDIT

Records:
-All since day 1
-Blackstone labs Oil analysis records starting 1/17, three in total with the latest on 10/4/19. All have been A+
-All original manuals
-All original sales docs
-60k Major service has been completed
-Last oil change was at 67,700 (current mileage is 68,5xx)
-Diff fluid & brake fluid flushed at the start of each spring I was taking to the track (2017 & 2018)
-No track days since 2018

History/Condition:
-No accidents-No forced induction
-1 adult Owner prior to myself
-Serviced at either Planet Subaru, Hanover MA or South Shore Autoworks in Kingston, MA exclusively
-Hail damage in 2016 - repaired professionally at Factory Collision in Weymouth, MA using all OEM parts. No aftermarket stuff (this is sort of that body shop's thing, if you know them). Over $10k worth in PDR/paint/parts. New hood, new roof, new rear deck. Have all receipts.
-Extensive maintenance records and receipts going back to when the car was first sold

This car does not drive like other BRZs. Every single facet of the driving experience has been improved -

The steering feel, which was already one of the most communicative in the industry, has been improved immensely. The wider front tires along with the added caster from the suspension and track alignment allow you to feel so much more of what the front tires are doing. You feel every single surface change in the road. The steering transmits so many tiny, subtle, vibrations from the front end, giving you utmost confidence in knowing what the car is doing. The firmness of the Alcantara steering wheel further improves that by allowing all of the enhanced tactile feedback to be translated to your hands, compared to the squishiness of the stock steering wheel, which I think loses a bit of feel in the process. The steering loads up so well in turns, giving you that sense of visceral feel and feedback that only older analog cars can. The only modern cars I've ever driven with better steering feel are Porsches.

The suspension setup is highlighted by the RaceComp Engineering Tarmac2 Coilovers. These are the result of a collaboration between RCE and KW, in which they took KW Clubsports and modified the spring rates and valving profiles. People often think that modifying your car's suspension makes the ride stiffer and harder to live with daily. I've found that to be the case with cheap suspension setups, but not with these. The beauty of these is that they drastically improve your grip and cornering capability in corners but are also more compliant and comfortable than the stock setup in their softest setting. The car turns in so quick and stays so much more planted in corners compared to the stock setup.

The power, while obviously not a strong suit for this platform, has been improved as much as possible without going forced induction. The header and catback combined with a reflash have completely eliminated the notorious torque dip in these cars. Additionally, this specific exhaust set up, isn't too loud or obnoxious and definitely doesn't drone. In fact, my favorite part about the exhaust, is that instead of making it sound burbly and raspy, this setup enhances the natural acoustics of a boxer engine. It gives you that visceral "fabric tearing" sound at the top end that you find in Porsche engines.

The interior, which is largely stock, has been improved with subtle additions such as the Weathertech floor mats. Another very tasteful touch is the Alcantara wrapped dash panels to match the steering wheel. One of my favorite interior additions is a rare OEM leather arm rest piece which comes up to the exact height you need to rest your elbow when gripping the wheel. It's a subtle but substantial improvement to the ergonomics of the interior.

You may scoff at this, but to me, this car is like a baby GT3 version of a regular BRZ. The improved handling, superbly communicative steering, the fabric tearing sound of the motor at the top of the rev range, and the alcantara interior all give me GT3 vibes. It's just such a raw and visceral driving experience, which is absolutely unparalleled in this price range. I know I've mentioned Porsche numerous times in this ad, but when a Porsche owner owns, maintains and modifies a car similar to his Porsches, it really makes a difference. An unbelievable amount of thought, care, and effort have gone into making this car what it is. And all credit goes to the previous owner. I am merely thankful to have had the opportunity to take care of it for a very brief period, to the best of my ability. If you've made it this far into the ad, I'm assuming you understand how rare it is to see one of these cars modified and maintained at this level. I know this is an outrageously long writeup, but I have such a tremendous amount of respect for this vehicle, and I want to see to it that it gets represented in the best way and goes to a good home.

Asking $23,900 obo. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have!

Price drop $21,900!
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 13.pdf (1.90 MB, 123 views)

Last edited by renaissancereddy; 01-09-2022 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:06 PM   #2
VeganJoy

Drives: nothing :(
i love these tasteful "OEM+" builds! do you have a clip or video demonstrating the exhaust sound?
Old 10-01-2021, 11:48 PM   #3
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
If you don't want your post deleted, you should probably follow: Classifieds Rule #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
2. You must post AT LEAST ONE picture of the item(s) for sale with a sign included in the photo. On the sign, should be your username, date and the words FT86Club.com on it. It can be handwritten or printed on a piece of paper. No photoshopped signs will be accepted.
Car looks nice though.
Old 10-02-2021, 07:01 PM   #4
renaissancereddy

Thanks for reminding me! Just added the picture with the sign.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #5
gogriz91

Drives: '73 240Z, L-28, SUs, Konis, 5-speed
Beautiful car sir, good luck with sale.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:27 PM   #6
renaissancereddy

Thank you all for the kind words!