follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 11-29-2019, 07:14 AM   #2311
born2lose

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've been able to stop the unit from rebooting using the firmware that Pwolf kindly provided, but it seems that it's a rather old version. nothing seems to work correctly - play store does not start, different waze versions I installed from apks don't work, etc.

does anyone by any chance have a newer firmware? I think I had something from 2015 that was still reasonably functional.

@Pwolf - again, thanks for the help!
born2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:08 PM   #2312
emre1252

Drives: Mazda3
I've tried lots of tricks but no luck. this gps issue effects much. google play, youtube, even surfing on google chrome. I tried rooting my unit with "root my AN21unit" app but didnt work. i also have a rooted firmware but when i install it bluetooth not working (because my unit came with mazda 3 bt module) etc. help!
emre1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:32 PM   #2313
emre1252

bluetooth

i know this thread is dead but can anybody please explain me how am i gonna solve bluetooth issue? I flashed the rooted firmware but bluetooth is not working. I read some previous comments saying that "bt issue can be solved by editing system files" or "the solution is explained in ca-fi forums" etc.

CA-FI forums are no longer available so i can not get anything out of that. So how am i gonna solve this bt issue? Please...
Old 12-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #2314
arturking

Drives: Chevrolet & Camaro
got it installed, sounds great. i'll provide more thoughts after i've had some time to get to play with it.
https://iprice.co.id/ponsel-tablet/smartphone/
arturking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #2315
born2lose

Drives: Toyota GT86
forgot to update the thread - although there's not a lot of traffic anymore.

I did solve all the issues by installing a rooted firmware and replacing the gps.default.so file. the unit fully works now (no issues with bt for me). well, it works as expected for an android 4 unit... just need to find a stable waze version, the one I installed keeps crashing randomly.
born2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to born2lose For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-15-2020)
Old 12-13-2021, 07:38 AM   #2316
emre1252

Garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2lose View Post
forgot to update the thread - although there's not a lot of traffic anymore.

I did solve all the issues by installing a rooted firmware and replacing the gps.default.so file. the unit fully works now (no issues with bt for me). well, it works as expected for an android 4 unit... just need to find a stable waze version, the one I installed keeps crashing randomly.
i think you have the universal model. That's why you didnt have any problem with bluetooth. I m still having the same problem. When i install rooted firmware the BT problem occurs when i use the original i couldnt use google play services. Now google stopped support for 4.1.1 versions and i can not even change the date. I mean the unit is nothing more than an ordinary tape.