follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Audio/Visual, Electronics, Infotainment, NAV

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 07:00 PM   #1
LimitedSlip
Senior Citizen Member

Drives: Then-1977 Celica GT Now-2017 860SE
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
SOLD: Pioneer AVH-ZL5150 Head Unit +

SOLD

I am returning my 2017 Toyota 86 to stock in preparation for trading it.

The following comments apply to the Gen 1 refresh models but should be pretty accurate for most up to 2020.

I have for sale a "Pioneer AVH-ZL5150 AV Receiver" head unit.

The unit looks and works like new.

Specifications and full owners manual can be downloaded here:

https://www.pioneer.com.au/shop/car/avh-zl5150bt/

Here is an extensive thread (Thanks to @JBezugs ) that should answer most install questions:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128548

The Toyobaru twins have kind of a unique "200 millimeter" dash opening for the head unit.

The opening is the same height as the single DIN spec but it's about an inch wider so there is always a gap that needs a filler plate.

The Pioneer AVH-ZL5150 was designed specifically for certain Toyota and Nissan vehicles that have the 200mm opening.

It looks like an OEM factory head unit when installed.

The unit is supplied with a wireless remote control and a microphone for hands-free cell phone use.

It supports wired Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, USB playback in many formats, CD's and DVD video.

ALSO INCLUDED #1: An Auto Harness House wiring harness that is fully functional and tested.

https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/67122.html

All electrical connections are soldered and insulated with heat shrink.

This makes for a plug and play install. NO WIRES TO CUT AND SPLICE.

Just move the mounting brackets from the factory radio to the Pioneer and connect the plugs to the dash connectors!

ALSO INCLUDED #2: A Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-MC.../dp/B0038PIGDW

This head unit can perform automatic equalization and time alignment but it requires a specific optional microphone to function.

I have the correct microphone and will include it with the sale.

ALSO INCLUDED #3: Micro Bypass Parking Brake Interface - Already wired into the harness.

AN FYI: This head unit has built-in steering wheel control button mapping. No external converter needed.

BUT, many of the twins are missing the phone answer/hang-up buttons on the left steering wheel control group and the voice command button on the right (see below).

I have a collection of interior trim pieces that includes the proper steering wheel control button groups. I used these with the Pioneer button mapping function and they worked great! If you need them, $50 for all the trim if purchased with the head unit.

Here is a post regarding the button swap:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...5&postcount=20

Price for the Pioneer AVH-ZL5150 is $450 and I will INCLUDE U.S. Postal ground shipping with tracking within the continental U.S. for that price.

For sale "as is" and only within the continental U.S.

I would prefer payment via PayPal.

PM me with questions.
Attached Images

Last edited by LimitedSlip; 10-12-2022 at 09:21 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 10-03-2022, 03:24 PM   #2
JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Drives: Green '17 BRZ Sport-Tech MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good luck with the sale @LimitedSlip!

Have had this head unit in my car for 4 years now and it's still awesome! They're hard to find now so if you want a unit that looks OEM and works like OEM, look no further.

Closed Thread