follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-27-2020, 07:40 PM   #113
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojuniour View Post
Yea I'm gonna be using ecuTek.
I went with the 0.5 - 4.5v range. So I just need to tell them that range
and I also believe the rear 02 sensor has three wires (White, Black and Blue)..
Do you know which one receive and send the voltage? ( I believe black would be the ground)
Thank you.

Do you have a pre 2017 car or 2017+ car

2017+ wiring diagram attached

The pre 2017 one is here

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...w5FG8PFqdTHqU4
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2018 brz wiring diagram.pdf (3.36 MB, 580 views)
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:41 PM   #114
ojuniour

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2017
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Do you have a pre 2017 car or 2017+ car

2017+ wiring diagram attached

The pre 2017 one is here

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...w5FG8PFqdTHqU4
I have 2017+..
I really appreciate your help.
Perhaps just using the evap would be straightforward.. supporting both ecuTek and open source also.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
ojuniour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:43 PM   #115
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojuniour View Post
Yea I'm gonna be using ecuTek.
I went with the 0.5 - 4.5v range. So I just need to tell them that range
and I also believe the rear 02 sensor has three wires (White, Black and Blue)..
Do you know which one receive and send the voltage? ( I believe black would be the ground)
Thank you.

Oh forgot on the pre 2017 you can source power feom the heater circuit but not on the 2017+ it will blow the EFI HTR fuse. So its best to just connect to the signal wire back to ecu and no connect to earth or power on the rear o2, source your 12 v and earth somehere else
Old 01-28-2020, 12:05 PM   #116
ojuniour

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2017
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Oh forgot on the pre 2017 you can source power feom the heater circuit but not on the 2017+ it will blow the EFI HTR fuse. So its best to just connect to the signal wire back to ecu and no connect to earth or power on the rear o2, source your 12 v and earth somehere else
Yea , You're right. Going with the evap is preferable
ojuniour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #117
BIOSphere

Drives: Turbocharged 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have a Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit and my Turbocharged Car is tuned as well.
This week an inductor blew on the Flex Fuel Translator and I would rather switch to something open source than deal with Delicious Tuning trying to charge me $500 since it is out of warranty.

So my questions:
Is the 0-5V output standard for these devices?
If so, could I replace the Delicious tuning one with this open-source version without modifying the tuning?
The Turbo/Flex Fuel and Tune came with the car and the tune is locked so I would like a temporary solution until I am ready to learn how to tune it.
BIOSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:17 PM   #118
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
I just got flexfuel.. where do I get my hands on some roms to flash? I'm still waiting for Open Flash CS to respond. Halp!

I have my 91 octane and my E85 tune dialed in as good as i can get them. How do I marry the 2 into a flex fuel rom? My Maf scales are entirely different between the 2 maps to compensate for difference in the fueling requirements. Everything else is pretty much the same besides ignition maps. Fuel targets are pretty similar and wouldnt hurt much if they were the same.

cowardice is the mother of cruelty.

Last edited by solidONE; 05-14-2020 at 02:06 PM.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:00 AM   #119
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
I just got flexfuel.. where do I get my hands on some roms to flash? I'm still waiting for Open Flash CS to respond. Halp!

I have my 91 octane and my E85 tune dialed in as good as i can get them. How do I marry the 2 into a flex fuel rom? My Maf scales are entirely different between the 2 maps to compensate for difference in the fueling requirements. Everything else is pretty much the same besides ignition maps. Fuel targets are pretty similar and wouldnt hurt much if they were the same.

messaged you
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
solidONE (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 06:01 PM   #120
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
messaged you
Thank again Steve! I just got the rom from the previous owner of the FF kit. Luckily he too had a A01C car. I'm going to see if I can edit the rom with my own tables form my 91 and e86 tunes.

Edit: Yeah maybe not.. I dont think I have the right defs? Says data mismatch as soon as I open it in rom raider.

cowardice is the mother of cruelty.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #121
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
Thank again Steve! I just got the rom from the previous owner of the FF kit. Luckily he too had a A01C car. I'm going to see if I can edit the rom with my own tables form my 91 and e86 tunes.

Edit: Yeah maybe not.. I dont think I have the right defs? Says data mismatch as soon as I open it in rom raider.

flex will be A01G based rom but its got a bunch of patches that offset some tables a few bytes and some fueling and timing tavles are re purposed, you need a flex def with all the flex tables
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
solidONE (05-15-2020)
Old 09-14-2021, 02:30 AM   #122
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Hi guys! ive been trying to see if i can make a CARB compliant Open source flex fuel sensor. inputs the 50hz-150hz. currently i have something that can already output a 0-5v output analog signal. and made a board that can output to canbus too. What im thinking is something that can work but i just need someone thats familiar with coding for this. I want to make it carb compliant so we cant hijack any other inputs. what i did notice here:
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...t=90692&page=4
Post #51 by @ztan . That the ECU have a larger amount of IDs it can get info from then from what the car can signals actually have. Ive already reversed engineered all can bus signals. I noticed that some like hex ID 0x149 or 0x14A are not actually ever transmitted within the car.

So my thought is this: IF instead of grabbing the 16 bit ram value for the 02 or evap, could it be possible of grabbing it the exact same data but from any of the bytes that come from the mailboxes of those can id packets? So the only thing really needed is replacing the ram value (theoretically ) of the routine.

This should also theoretically make it compatible with 17+ cars since if those files also have similar ID. All we need is to inject the canbus signals and those ecus will also get it to work.

Can anyone confirm or see if im heading in the right direction. Also to be clear, the hardware is done and its open. Firmware is technically done. Can be used in analog form but i want to make it carb compliant.
@steve99 if you think this is possible i can DM you for a factory tune with just FF added to it?

Last edited by geraldjust; 09-14-2021 at 04:00 AM.
geraldjust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geraldjust For This Useful Post:
Bach415 (10-05-2021), FR-S2GT86 (09-14-2021), mrjj (09-14-2021), NoHaveMSG (09-14-2021), steve99 (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 04:24 AM   #123
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
Hi guys! ive been trying to see if i can make a CARB compliant Open source flex fuel sensor. inputs the 50hz-150hz. currently i have something that can already output a 0-5v output analog signal. and made a board that can output to canbus too. What im thinking is something that can work but i just need someone thats familiar with coding for this. I want to make it carb compliant so we cant hijack any other inputs. what i did notice here:
Post #51 by @ztan . That the ECU have a larger amount of IDs it can get info from then from what the car can signals actually have. Ive already reversed engineered all can bus signals. I noticed that some like hex ID 0x149 or 0x14A are not actually ever transmitted within the car.

So my thought is this: IF instead of grabbing the 16 bit ram value for the 02 or evap, could it be possible of grabbing it the exact same data but from any of the bytes that come from the mailboxes of those can id packets? So the only thing really needed is replacing the ram value (theoretically ) of the routine.

This should also theoretically make it compatible with 17+ cars since if those files also have similar ID. All we need is to inject the canbus signals and those ecus will also get it to work.

Can anyone confirm or see if im heading in the right direction. Also to be clear, the hardware is done and its open. Firmware is technically done. Can be used in analog form but i want to make it carb compliant.
@steve99 if you think this is possible i can DM you for a factory tune with just FF added to it?

mesaged you
Old 09-14-2021, 01:04 PM   #124
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:

Keeping an eye on this one myself.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:31 PM   #125
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,304 Times in 7,368 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

So not really CARB compliant, just a back door that doesn't show up on their testing and will pass.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:27 PM   #126
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
So not really CARB compliant, just a back door that doesn't show up on their testing and will pass.
Kinda. To at least attempt to be carb compliant you not modify any emissions systems. Both evap and secondary 02 are both emissions related. so tampering with them is a automatic none compliance. adding the flex fuel sensor to do so would bring us closer to get a flex fuel allowed. Then the final step would just be if any company want to sell one with a carb number to make it official. and bam!