follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2020, 07:08 PM   #939
Gex35

Drives: Gt86 my17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi guys.
I'm searching for D00G logging file with correct ram address.
Can help me?
Gex35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:52 AM   #940
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gex35 View Post
Hi guys.
I'm searching for D00G logging file with correct ram address.
Can help me?

Jist flash your car with A01G or A02G, its compatable with D00G cars, then use the A01G logcfg.txt

Last edited by steve99; 02-04-2020 at 06:03 AM.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:08 PM   #941
gt7877

Drives: turbo frs
Loop pins 4 and 13 on OBD port in car

Steve what do u mean by this
gt7877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #942
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
you have to bridge in some way those pin to short them basically
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
gt7877 (02-04-2020)
Old 02-04-2020, 06:05 AM   #943
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt7877 View Post
Loop pins 4 and 13 on OBD port in car

Steve what do u mean by this

Thats only needed to resync ecu to security if swaping ecu, not needed for just flashing a tune

Loop pins 4 and 13 means connect togeather with piece of wire like tomm brz says
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
gt7877 (02-04-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 04:21 AM   #944
fatboydean

Drives: 2016 BRZ Hikari
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So the cars in Canadian market they consider as USDM or what? Cos the standard and metric system I am a bit confused...
fatboydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #945
TeeJay.net

Drives: BRZ 2015
Hey, I've been reading through various Tactrix/OTS tune topics for a few weeks now, so I got some grasp of this topic, but still not as far as I'd like just yet.

I have a manual MY2016 EU BRZ with UEL headers and I'd like to start experimenting with engine tuning and seeing what the difference between stock and "stage 2 plus" is. European MY2016 should get F10G tune and I'd start with OFT maps. I'd be more than happy to buy Wayne's ROMs that are reasonably priced and should be much better suited for Europe, but I've started with OFT since that's all I've got right now but I'm having issues with definition files in EcuFlash.

The default ones in EcuFlash don't cover my car.
So first I tested those from TD-D's GitHub (TD-D/SubaruDefs/tree/Alpha/ECUFlash), but they don't seem to work with OFT maps. EcuFlash can load the map, but just looking at timing tables, it's a mess of random positive and negative numbers instead of fluent "gradients".
With the OFT maps, there's OFTv4_ZA1JF10G.xml definition file provided, but that's probably for OFT. I've checked the structure and an array of multiple (two, BRZ and WRX) roms rather than a single rom. and the numbers don't really match my car. Still, I've edited it to remove the WRX rom element and the parent "roms" element and copied it to EcuFlash 2015 directory. Now EcuFlash loads the OFT map just fine, the tables look smooth as they should, but I doubt this is the way to go. There are quite a few differences in comparison with the TD-D's definition file, different ecuid, memmodel, checksummodule, even the year of the car and the addresses for all tables are different. Also, there are so about 50 lines fewer, but I did not compare which.

Can you guide me in the right direction? Is editing the OFT xml files all that's needed or is there another source of definition files that I could just download and use? I can get a Tactrix, an ECU off a crashed car on ebay and go the hard way, but indeed studying first and going a sure path to success sounds better to me. OFT is not an option given the price, shipping, customs and taxes here. Thanks!
TeeJay.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:12 PM   #946
mrjj

Drives: GT86 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay.net View Post
Hey, I've been reading through various Tactrix/OTS tune topics for a few weeks now, so I got some grasp of this topic, but still not as far as I'd like just yet.

I have a manual MY2016 EU BRZ with UEL headers and I'd like to start experimenting with engine tuning and seeing what the difference between stock and "stage 2 plus" is. European MY2016 should get F10G tune and I'd start with OFT maps. I'd be more than happy to buy Wayne's ROMs that are reasonably priced and should be much better suited for Europe, but I've started with OFT since that's all I've got right now but I'm having issues with definition files in EcuFlash.

The default ones in EcuFlash don't cover my car.
So first I tested those from TD-D's GitHub (TD-D/SubaruDefs/tree/Alpha/ECUFlash), but they don't seem to work with OFT maps. EcuFlash can load the map, but just looking at timing tables, it's a mess of random positive and negative numbers instead of fluent "gradients".
With the OFT maps, there's OFTv4_ZA1JF10G.xml definition file provided, but that's probably for OFT. I've checked the structure and an array of multiple (two, BRZ and WRX) roms rather than a single rom. and the numbers don't really match my car. Still, I've edited it to remove the WRX rom element and the parent "roms" element and copied it to EcuFlash 2015 directory. Now EcuFlash loads the OFT map just fine, the tables look smooth as they should, but I doubt this is the way to go. There are quite a few differences in comparison with the TD-D's definition file, different ecuid, memmodel, checksummodule, even the year of the car and the addresses for all tables are different. Also, there are so about 50 lines fewer, but I did not compare which.

Can you guide me in the right direction? Is editing the OFT xml files all that's needed or is there another source of definition files that I could just download and use? I can get a Tactrix, an ECU off a crashed car on ebay and go the hard way, but indeed studying first and going a sure path to success sounds better to me. OFT is not an option given the price, shipping, customs and taxes here. Thanks!

EcuFlash is for flashing the ECU using Tactrix. You can use RomRaider and the OFT/Wayne definition (OFTv4_ZA1JF10G.xml for OFT tunes, RR_ZA1JF10G.xml for Waynes) to edit the tune. Use OFT to do the flashing.
So, unless you have a Tactrix device, don't use EcuFlash.

Extra info / disclaimers:
  • You could actually use EcuFlash to edit tunes, but there's no reason to do so when RomRaider is that much better.
  • You can convert a RomRaider definition to a EcuFlash definition if needed.
  • You don't really need a full definition for EcuFlash if you're just flashing with that app. You only need a basic definition to get the checksums correct.
mrjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:16 AM   #947
TeeJay.net

Sorry, I should have expressed myself better. I'm buying a Tactrix once I have a clear plan and the software setup. Just don't feel like throwing out the cash without a good plan in mind. I also understand what EcuFlash and RomRaider are about - I'm planning to start with flashing OTS tunes, hence Tactrix and Ecuflash and if it gets to editing them, RR is a clear way to go.

So are saying is that the edited definition file provided by OFT is good enough for flashing with EcuFlash since it loads the tune and fixes the checksum? What is the purpose of the elements in romid element then? And is it alright that all tables will have their storageaddress changed? It might be important only for logging, I'm not sure.

And if I decide to flash back the stock ROM, will I need a different definition file than the OFT one to flash it? I guess so since the OFT is based on some tune from older cars than mine, but I'm starting to believe that those from TD-D would actually work in this case since OFT F10G ROM is not really an F10G ROM. Are Wayne's ROM the "actual" ROMs for the given ROM without any hacks of the calibration ID unlike OFT ones?

Good to know about the need of only basic definition files and the possibility of converting EF and RR definitions into the format of the other, thanks!
Old 05-12-2020, 05:54 AM   #948
mrjj

Drives: GT86 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay.net View Post
Sorry, I should have expressed myself better. I'm buying a Tactrix once I have a clear plan and the software setup. Just don't feel like throwing out the cash without a good plan in mind. I also understand what EcuFlash and RomRaider are about - I'm planning to start with flashing OTS tunes, hence Tactrix and Ecuflash and if it gets to editing them, RR is a clear way to go.

So are saying is that the edited definition file provided by OFT is good enough for flashing with EcuFlash since it loads the tune and fixes the checksum? What is the purpose of the elements in romid element then? And is it alright that all tables will have their storageaddress changed? It might be important only for logging, I'm not sure.

And if I decide to flash back the stock ROM, will I need a different definition file than the OFT one to flash it? I guess so since the OFT is based on some tune from older cars than mine, but I'm starting to believe that those from TD-D would actually work in this case since OFT F10G ROM is not really an F10G ROM. Are Wayne's ROM the "actual" ROMs for the given ROM without any hacks of the calibration ID unlike OFT ones?

Good to know about the need of only basic definition files and the possibility of converting EF and RR definitions into the format of the other, thanks!

I have attached the rommetadata needed to flash using EcuFlash.
You can flash OFT or Wayne or stock tunes with this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rommetadata.zip (54.0 KB, 242 views)
mrjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #949
TeeJay.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjj View Post
I have attached the rommetadata needed to flash using EcuFlash.
You can flash OFT or Wayne or stock tunes with this.
Thank you so much! That's all I needed and the contents of the files answer a lot of my questions too.

Last edited by TeeJay.net; 05-12-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #950
brz2000

Drives: 2018 BRZ
need help, brz stuck on oft e85 tune

hi, new to the forum and need some help. have a 2018 brz usdm(red manifold), had a oft but it was stolen and my car is stuck on the e85 tune. current tune on car is "Stg-2-Plus-E85-v4.03-LC-FSS-ZA1JN10C.bin". didn't want to buy another oft so i bought a tactrix 2.0. want to keep the current e85 tune and be able to flash back to stock, but if possible also flash to the stage 2 pump gas tune.

for the stock tune, i've downloaded from the 1st page "ZA1JN10C.bin" and "ZA1JN10C.xml" and it looks like i can save the current e85 tune using the info from, "Creating a bare bones definition for flashing a ROM with no existing definition". but i have the definition "OFTv4_ZA1JN10C.xml" so would prefer to use the definition file but can't read it in ecuflash. can you guys please help with converting the definition to ecuflash format.

thank you
brz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:28 PM   #951
brz2000

i did check the oft e85 rom, the same one my car is stuck on through a hex editor and got the following
8000 - ZA1JN10C
10000 - ZA1JN10C
11FF60 - ZA1JK00G

tried opening it in ecuflash using the definition "ZA1JN10C.xml". i was able to open it but received checksum prompt to correct them, i clicked "yes" and it opened. the other rom "ZA1JK00G.xml" does not recognize at all. don't want to brink the ecu so i think its just better to use the definition file supplied with the oft tune but just need it in ecuflash format.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:18 PM   #952
brz2000

sorry for the 3rd post, thought this is the best place to get information for ecuflash and my predicament. if i should just create a new thread for this, please let me know.

when saving the current tune, seemed ecuflash immediately recognized the tune, i did place "ZA1JN10C.xml" in the ecuflash directory but when i saved the tune to a .bin file i received the following -

"this rom image contains sections of invalid data which must be zero padded to make a contiguous file.
it is possible upon subsequent loading of this file that you might flash over the valid areas with these zeroed areas
do you wish to continue"

after i saved it, it open without any issues, should i be concerned? also when opening the file "Stg-2-Plus-E85-v4.03-LC-FSS-ZA1JN10C.bin", the tune that is on the car i get the following -

"the rom you have loaded has one or more incorrect checksum values. do you wish to correct them?" when using "ZA1JN10C.xml" definition. i click yes and it opens fine.

it seems i may be able to use the "ZA1JN10C.xml" definition for both the factory and oft tunes but those prompts have me concerned. would appreciate any help on this. thanks

Tags
ecuflash, tactrix, taxtrix, tuning