follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 06-24-2016, 03:53 AM   #15
MeisterR

Drives: BNR32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
Just bumping this thread. I received these coilovers and installed them a couple days ago. I'm extremely pleased with these. Ride is much better than I expected. Anyone looking for sub $1000 coilovers should definitely check these out.
Got some pictures? Have you got more time to play around with the damping?

Jerrick
MeisterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #16
MeisterR

Any more review, we send a few set out so looking for more feedbacks.

Jerrick
Old 09-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #17
Dangerzone

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ, MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm looking into these coils. My friends on the Z34 platform keep raving about them. I use my car for some daily driving but also a fair bit of track/autocross/drifting...so performance is important to me. SO important that I'm often willing to sacrifice daily driving comforts for it.

Have you had any feedback in regards to the coils in more intense HPDE settings?
Dangerzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:21 PM   #18
mpross

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerzone View Post
I'm looking into these coils. My friends on the Z34 platform keep raving about them. I use my car for some daily driving but also a fair bit of track/autocross/drifting...so performance is important to me. SO important that I'm often willing to sacrifice daily driving comforts for it.

Have you had any feedback in regards to the coils in more intense HPDE settings?
The MeisterR's are definitely good for that. I daily drive my car, but also do a fair amount of autocrossing, and the spring rates and valving are perfect. It won't break your spine over bumps, but it's definitely aggressive enough to handle track/autocross duty. I rarely bump the stiffness past 75% firm even when autocrossing, so the adjustability is there if you need it. I have been pretty surprised at how little comfort is sacrificed with these. A friend with a BMW 135i asked if he could go for a ride in my car last weekend because he wanted to see how the ride was with the coilovers. He was SHOCKED at how comfortable it was. He was blown away at the ride quality. Then I took him around a couple corners at a quick pace and he was again blown away by how "on rails" and planted the car felt.
mpross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:19 PM   #19
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,632 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
I have been eyeing this product, hoping there were longterm reviews out there, perhaps fronm the UK or just on the general quality on other platforms.

I am somewhat new to changing suspension so there are a few things that hopefully others can answer.

I really only want a 1" drop and adjustable damping. Although I only took the car on a track once (circumstances related to supercharger issues last year killed it for me, but eventually I do plan for more) and I drive in a spirited manner whenever I can, including highway ramps. Performance is important to me #1.

Do I need to buy LCA's for my needs with these and the drop I want? Is there anything else I will need to purchase to install these?

Thanks
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:10 PM   #20
MeisterR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I have been eyeing this product, hoping there were longterm reviews out there, perhaps fronm the UK or just on the general quality on other platforms.

I am somewhat new to changing suspension so there are a few things that hopefully others can answer.

I really only want a 1" drop and adjustable damping. Although I only took the car on a track once (circumstances related to supercharger issues last year killed it for me, but eventually I do plan for more) and I drive in a spirited manner whenever I can, including highway ramps. Performance is important to me #1.

Do I need to buy LCA's for my needs with these and the drop I want? Is there anything else I will need to purchase to install these?

Thanks
As the ZetaCRD is relatively new, there aren't alot reviews out there yet.
The UK also do not have a huge GT86 following, so limited in amount of reviews we get on this particular chassis.

But a customer got back to me who was using the Zeta-R coilovers (the previous generation).
Done really well with the last round of the Toyota Sprint Series, taking the Class Win as well as beating the class lap record by 1.5 seconds.

So overall, pretty good on the performance side.

As far as the drop go that would be fine.
The ZetaCRD actually are designed to ensure more height adjustment and lowering adjustment, because we put in the longest travel damper we can fit within the package.
Therefore, you will have good compliancy over uneven road surfaces.

As far as what you need, there aren't anything else.
Should bolt on, achieve the 1" drop you want, and provide better steering response and weight transfer control.

Jerrick
The Following User Says Thank You to MeisterR For This Useful Post:
wbradley (09-26-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #21
MeisterR

Just to say if anyone is interested in some recent achievement of MeisterR, I have added a few below:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=26

Our customer beating the pervious lap record at Time Attack 2016 by 8 seconds was some awesome result.

Jerrick
Old 10-21-2016, 02:57 AM   #22
Byoki

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Finally my review of the Meister R Coilovers after so long. Bought them in April along with SPC LCA's. Talked with Jerrick before I decided to order great guy very helpful answered every question in great detail and assured me these will work out great for the track days I go to.

Installed them at a friends shop no issues went on perfectly what I really like is the C spanners just slide it on from the bottom and its a perfect fit and makes it very easy to loosen adjust and tighten them back down.

First drive I drove with whatever the dampening was already set to and was just amazed how comfy they are almost fell asleep driving home. Once I got home I made adjustments to the dampening. Turned them all the way to hard and went down 5 clicks for the front and 7 clicks for the rear. Always kept telling myself I will play with it more but turned out I loved how it was set for Daily Driving.

First track day on the coilovers was at ThunderHill West. Such a great day the last time I was there it rained then dried slightly later throughout the day. (My first time at thunderhill my time was 1:48 I'm not a good driver still learning the car overall even though it rained I had a ton of fun.) This day was dry sunny and really hot...anyway the coilovers were awesome before this day I ended up getting new tires and a bucket seat. I was able to shave off 7 seconds which I'm pretty sure most of it was because it was dry and had balls to actually go faster without worrying about going off. The coilovers felt amazing around the track I felt so much more planted and steering response was great. I'm sure next time I can at least manage to get a 1:38 but I am aiming for a 1:36.

I have been tracking on lowering springs the whole time until I decided I needed coilovers always kept saying to myself I don't need them I don't track to often but after 1 track day more and more track days tend to appear lol. I am very happy with the Meister R Coilovers I was debating about buying KW's or Fortune Auto's for along time till I was recommended these by another friend of mine.

For the great quality that these coilovers provide you can't beat the price perfect for daily driving and definitely make a difference during Autocross and HPDE days you can't go wrong with these. I just purchased a 2017 WRX last weekend and after talking to Jerrick I will be buying a set later for the car after a few track days driving it stock. (Couldn't find them on the website but I'm sure it will be added soon.)

Sorry I'm not the greatest at writing reviews. I hope this helps anyone that is interested in buying them in the future.

Heres a list what was on the car when I was at Thunderhill.
2013 BRZ
Maximal Performance Oil Cooler
WinMax W5 Brake Pads
Torque RT700 Brake Fluid
Velox Front Splitter with race upgrade
17x9 +38 Gramlights 57DR
235/45/17 GT Radial UHP1 280tw
Meister R ZetaCRD+ Coilovers
SPC LCA

Front Camber
Rear Camber
Toe

I have had Zero issues with tire wear I always rotate my wheels after every oil change.

Clipdat (12-09-2016), mpross (02-05-2017)
Old 10-24-2016, 12:37 AM   #23
MeisterR

Thanks for the review, glad you are enjoying the suspension.

The track photos looks great.
How big was the difference between the lowering springs and the coilovers on the track in terms of body roll and predictability?

When are you out on track again?

Jerrick
Old 10-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #24
turtlefeeder

Drives: UltraMFrS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
How many inch low will these go? Will it drop 2inch how about spring rate are they about 7-8k spring rate or softer?
turtlefeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #25
MeisterR

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefeeder View Post
How many inch low will these go? Will it drop 2inch how about spring rate are they about 7-8k spring rate or softer?
I would say dropping 2" shouldn't be a problem.
Looking at the pictures, this show at least a 2" drop from standard.

Springs rate are:
Front: 5kg/mm
Rear: 4kg/mm

The springs rate are optimised for fast road / occasional track use.
These will be compliant on uneven road surfaces, but will be stiff enough on harder damping for track use.

Jerrick
Old 12-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #26
MeisterR

Anyone other members have words to add, had a few set gone out to FT86club members.

Jerrick
Old 02-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #27
mpross

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefeeder View Post
In the picture Jerrick posted, the drop was about 2.5" in the front and 2.25" in the rear. There's still another quarter inch in it probably- maybe a little more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #28
mpross

Garage
Just wanted to give an update-

These have been on the car over six months and still no noises or issues.

My car is my DD which means I've been driving it in cold Chicago winter for the last few months. Even when the temps drop to below 0, there's no noise or changes in handling feel. I've done quick checks and nothing has loosened and nothing has corroded either.

I also softened up the front's and rears to about half stiffness for the winter for comfort since aggressive driving in the winter is pretty rare- super comfy. Even passed the wife test ( she noticed it was comfier without me mentioning it).

Definitely quality in all weather and conditions!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mpross For This Useful Post:
choiboie (07-21-2017), rcm47 (03-10-2017)

Tags
coilovers, meisterr, suspension