follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2020, 09:32 PM   #1
matthman2

Drives: 100% Stock Deep Blue 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTB: FRS/BRZ/86 close to Edmonton, as well as some advice for a newbie

Hey guys, to start this I've got to say this is my first ever post so I am very sorry for any formatting issues. So as the tittle says I am looking to buy a FRS BRZ or 86. My budget is around $13500 so probably wont be getting into a 86 but if anyone has anything around that please let me know. Looking for manual only.

If I am unable to secure something I will be purchasing a 2013 FRS with 90000km in blue, but hopefully you guys can either point me in a better direction or happen to have something no longer wanted within my price range.

Unrelated I have so far taken 2 FRS's home from dealerships and so far one leaked about 1L of oil onto my driveway, when I brought it back to the dealership and the mechanic had a look and called me later and told me it was a faulty seal on the oil filter but I don't believe that because this was the second time I had driven it and the first time no oil whatsoever and then I went back the next day and that's when it leaked. The oil was mostly around the oil filter in the engine bay but i did not see any oil on the filter itself.

Second one I took home also lost its oil on my driveway as well, only about .5L but that one the seemed to be leaking from the bottom of the engine as well as it was making a higher pitch noise which leads me to believe it had lower bearing issues but normally I'm not a Subaru engine guy so that just my best guess.

I was kind of wondering if this could have been due to me somehow as I have only recently learned to drive a manual and am not very experienced, I did drive the cars hard but did not stall or burn the clutch (atleast before the cars lost their oil) Again any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the read and hopefully I can find myself a new car!
matthman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, new user, wtb