follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 06-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
Kgroschi

Drives: I test many cars
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking MY REVIEW: Toyota GT86 in Europe

Hey guys,

most of you probably don't know me yet, but I review cars. I recently had the chance to test the Toyota GT86 and even though I usually drive much more powerful cars, I was blown away by how much fun this little car is.

Check it out and leave a like

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaqyGg7Bhvo"]REVIEW: 2016 Toyota GT86 - The Perfect Entry-Level Sports Car? - YouTube[/ame]
Kgroschi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kgroschi For This Useful Post:
airjonny (06-02-2016), D5teph (06-02-2016), Dadhawk (06-03-2016), FR-Sky (06-02-2016), humfrz (06-01-2016), Mim (06-03-2016), Mr.Impreza (06-02-2016), S84kam (06-03-2016), ZionsWrath (06-02-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 11:03 PM   #2
FingerDiddle

Drives: Camry 08
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Isn't this against the forum rules?
FingerDiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:11 PM   #3
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroschi View Post
Hey guys,

most of you probably don't know me yet, but I review cars. I recently had the chance to test the Toyota GT86 and even though I usually drive much more powerful cars, I was blown away by how much fun this little car is.

Check it out and leave a like
Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerDiddle View Post

I guess you could say it's technically a "Commercial Post" , because he's pushing his own YouTube channel, and also doesn't own the car (not an issue) but has created an account specifically to post and share the video to garner some attention to it.

I see nothing wrong with it honestly, it's a good review and should stay here, the asking to "leave a like" thing may be problematic idk it's the mods prerogative.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-03-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 11:57 PM   #4
FX86
Banned

Drives: on the wrongside of the road
Thanked 2,087 Times in 1,015 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
too bad the U.S. got the stripped down version
FX86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:42 AM   #5
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX86 View Post
too bad the U.S. got the stripped down version

But soon we'll get the stripped up version
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 06-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #6
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Every time i watch a fresh review of this car I just think "damn, i want this car"...than i remember, it's in the garage right now ^__^

Anyways, great review, enjoyed it!

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Impreza For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (06-02-2016), chaoskaze (06-03-2016), softgrip (06-02-2016), themadscientist (06-03-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #7
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
I guess you could say it's technically a "Commercial Post" , because he's pushing his own YouTube channel, and also doesn't own the car (not an issue) but has created an account specifically to post and share the video to garner some attention to it.

I see nothing wrong with it honestly, it's a good review and should stay here, the asking to "leave a like" thing may be problematic idk it's the mods prerogative.
This is the third new person seeking Youtube likes in the last week.
My opinion is that although the info may be interesting the fact they made an account just to throw a video up and then just go away places them in the "commercial" post realm.
Oh well, if the Mods or Admin don't have an issue with it then all is good I guess.
Cole (06-03-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #8
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
My opinion is that although the info may be interesting the fact they made an account just to throw a video up and then just go away places them in the "commercial" post realm.
Oh well, if the Mods or Admin don't have an issue with it then all is good I guess.
Interesting, then there may be a 17th rule on it's way. I wouldn't doubt other modern car forums have this issue too, making an account solely to garner YouTube views, also it may be against adsense rules to post and spam other forums.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #9
Kgroschi

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Quote:
Interesting, then there may be a 17th rule on it's way. I wouldn't doubt other modern car forums have this issue too, making an account solely to garner YouTube views, also it may be against adsense rules to post and spam other forums.

Wow this is the first forum complaining about sharing a relatively good video about a car you guys should be interested in. If this is the reaction from you guys I might as well delete my account. I didn't want to offend anyone or create drama. Also, I am not just "some youtuber"... I have worked for car magazines and TV for several years now and just do this for fun on the side.

I am really surprised of the issue here since of course I share my content with people who will be most interested in seeing it. If that is breaking any rule here the please ask the admin to remove this post and I will delete my account. Cheers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kgroschi For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (06-02-2016), Tcoat (06-02-2016), Wayno (06-03-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #10
Kgroschi

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza View Post
Every time i watch a fresh review of this car I just think "damn, i want this car"...than i remember, it's in the garage right now ^__^

Anyways, great review, enjoyed it!
Quote:

Thanks! Glad at least you two enjoyed the review.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:27 PM   #11
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
I enjoyed the video. But I found it very entertaining the reviewer (or you) had that typical German accent.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:29 PM   #12
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Wow this is the first forum complaining about sharing a relatively good video about a car you guys should be interested in. If this is the reaction from you guys I might as well delete my account. I didn't want to offend anyone or create drama. Also, I am not just "some youtuber"... I have worked for car magazines and TV for several years now and just do this for fun on the side.

I am really surprised of the issue here since of course I share my content with people who will be most interested in seeing it. If that is breaking any rule here the please ask the admin to remove this post and I will delete my account. Cheers.

It's not against the rules, honestly was just responding to the one guy.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:04 PM   #13
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

Nah we aren't as mean as it may read. We just like to comment on things (you should see what happens if somebody puts stickers on their car and posts a picture). Like I said if there was an issue it would already be gone. As Ashi, I was also just commenting on the other post and the fact we had 3 in a short period looking for Likes. It was nota criticism just and observation.
Let's face it if you are making money from the number of Likes or views you get and you specifically ask for them then it is technically a "commercial" thread and there are rules for that.
All is good in the world.
Dadhawk (06-03-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 08:13 PM   #14
FR-Sky

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series [755]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks for the reviews,,but i had experienced the car myself =]
FR-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automotive, germany, groschi, review