follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2015, 05:18 AM   #15
nova.86
Legendary Member

Drives: HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3rdSun View Post
I actually just bought this from a guy,along with Seibon side skirts and front lip. Now I'm having a problem trying to figure out where to get quad tips. I'm not willing to blow a ton of money on a TRD exhaust,so I'm looking at that J2.

Either way,I'm not even going to put any of it on until next spring after the snow is gone.
I'm honestly considering buying the expensive Blitz quad exhaust, I think the blu titanium tips would look dope with the carbon fiber rear matching my HyperBlue. These are all plans for Spring though, as of now, I'm finishing up my interior mods before I move into performance.
nova.86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:30 AM   #16
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Bumping because this never really got an answer and i'm currently on the search, and potentially going a custom route.

Since the stock JDM tips are 4.5 with what looks to be a little over an inch of space on each side, i'm hoping a dual tip with a 6inch width (3" each) will fit the gap. Would preferably like a 3.5" but think that might be pushing it. That's pure estimate though without taking the exhaust off and properly measuring (don't have any jacks) so I want something accurate.

Without needing any TRD garnishes, does anyone know what the largest quad tip width is that can fit in the stock bumper? I know there are a couple quad exhausts made for that (Remark x ft86 and the JS2) but I can't find any info on the specs- so if someone has one of those exhausts and can post the width of those tips that would be really appreciated. If i was to guess purely based on the images and the fact that the remark x ft86 only comes in 3inch piping i'd assume the tips are a dual 3inch at a minimum, maybe 3 1/4 with a little spare space from the looks of it
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #17
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
I know there are a couple quad exhausts made for that (Remark x ft86 and the JS2) but I can't find any info on the specs- so if someone has one of those exhausts and can post the width of those tips that would be really appreciated.
Ft86speedfactory x Remark quads are 3" each.

Edit- sorry the photo is upside down, the uploader here does whatever it wants with pictures. Also, my car has been on jackstands since March and the exhaust is hanging oddly, fitment would normally be a bit better
@Joveen has these, let's see if he's got better photos of them from a running car
Attached Images

Last edited by DarkPira7e; 07-18-2020 at 08:51 AM.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
Sam86 (07-18-2020)
Old 07-18-2020, 10:13 AM   #18
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post

Edit- sorry the photo is upside down, the uploader here does whatever it wants with pictures. Also, my car has been on jackstands since March and the exhaust is hanging oddly, fitment would normally be a bit better
@Joveen has these, let's see if he's got better photos of them from a running car
Thanks a lot!

Looks like there's even a little extra space but I think i'll keep it 3" to be safe
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:27 PM   #19
Frankz54

Drives: 2019 Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post

I had the same issue and ended up changing the hangers for the muffler. Now both sides are even.
Frankz54 is offline   Reply With Quote