follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

View Poll Results: How would you rate the design of the 2nd gen 86? 1 lowest & 5 highest
1 10 3.86%
2 17 6.56%
3 49 18.92%
4 113 43.63%
5 70 27.03%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #267
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
You should respond that if you are to die, you are going out in a blaze of dorifto accident glory on the roads of Mt. Akina in your Hakone edition. And the only way you'll fight them is by touge battle.
Dang, I battled suicidal ideations and severe depression for a long time before therapy and psychiatric assistance but that has little bearing on your idea being a very good one.
dpfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #268
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport-Tech View Post
Feels like it needs 1" larger wheels, they seem a touch small.
It's just the wheel gap.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #269
chipmunk

Drives: _
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I am seeing similar changes.
Meanwhile we still keep pumping out replacement rotors for the PT Cruiser in unbelievable volumes! Who the hell are still driving these things and why are they so hard on the brakes?
Old PT cruisers.... perhaps some cougars?
chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chipmunk For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #270
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I am seeing similar changes.
Meanwhile we still keep pumping out replacement rotors for the PT Cruiser in unbelievable volumes! Who the hell are still driving these things and why are they so hard on the brakes?
I dont think ive seen a PT cruiser in ages lol where are these rotors going?
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:04 PM   #271
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,297 Times in 718 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport-Tech View Post
Feels like it needs 1" larger wheels, they seem a touch small.
Have you ever seen a stock first gen?
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timurrrr For This Useful Post:
Sport-Tech (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 04:38 PM   #272
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
The PT Cruiser was built on the Neon platform right? And the Dart came out of it too? I could see the heavier Cruiser eating up Neon rotors, and I'm sure those parts probably got used on other platforms worldwide.
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #273
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
I dont think ive seen a PT cruiser in ages lol where are these rotors going?
They must all be in Georgia. I see a dozen of them on any given day.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:02 PM   #274
Chronogps

Drives: MX5 ND 30AE & A110
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Love this GR86. I read /watched all the reviews but there is a very important information missing at this time : co2 emissions. Nobody knows WLTP emissions for this N/A flat 2L4 ?
Chronogps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:25 PM   #275
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
It's just the wheel gap.
Or I have been spending too much time looking at the upcoming Z...
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sport-Tech For This Useful Post:
Spuds (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #276
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The GR86 looks 60% 86 and 40% RC-F. I think the 40% is what bothers some.
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SUB-FT86 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 07:06 PM   #277
Tanstin

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Here's a story:

A mustang owner goes to the ft86club forums, and every day he complains and comments in threads about how this car is absolutely gutless and pitiful. He throws around words like "torque dip" and "slow" and is very adamant about how he dislikes the looks, interior, etc. etc.

One day, a forum member decides to call him out on it. "Well, if you don't like this car so much, why are you here? This forum is dedicated to fans of this platform where we can get together and discuss the car because we enjoy it and what it stands for. This car is obviously not for you, and therefore you will not find much camaraderie here."

The mustang owner cackles to himself and responds. "Wellll I guess we just have to be blind fanatics to the FRS now. We all have to bow down and pray to the FRS gods and never ever ever question them because they are perfect and all holy and amazing and-"

This is the definition of a Strawman.

Before the other dude @RetroRacer ragequit the thread, I agreed with his original argument and still do. I'm not saying that there should be no discourse whatsoever or that we should all live in perfect, homogeneous bliss etc. etc, but if there is nothing you enjoy about the second gen and if most of your posts are just dedicated to trashing on the car, then you have to ask yourself why do you spend so much time here. No one wants to hear you bitch and moan about how you don't like this and don't like that while ignoring a lot of the good that's being done here. No one gives a fuck what you think.

I like both the 1st and 2nd gen and what they stand for, and I'm grateful that companies are still committed to making cars like these in an SUV/EV world. I like that the 2nd gen is getting an improvement in performance across the board. Yes, I get it. They're just numbers right now, but these estimates are from the company, and give me a reasonable view of what to expect in the coming model.

p.s. Yes. I like the subaru's front bumper better

Last edited by Tanstin; 04-09-2021 at 07:17 PM.
Tanstin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tanstin For This Useful Post:
Blighty (04-10-2021), Opie (04-15-2021), timurrrr (04-10-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 07:14 PM   #278
Tanstin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
I am definitely hyped for the 2nd gen and will be looking forward to getting one. But that's exactly what I have is hype, and it's what you have, hype. Not facts. Until it's released and been out for a few years, you can't say any "facts" about it being better than 1st gen. Reliability is what Toyota is about. You can't state facts until the story is done. I certainly expect you to be right about 2nd gen, but nothing at this point is fact or objective until it stands the test of time.

I get you man. And when it does come out, and things don't look as good as promised, then there is no shame in changing our opinion when new facts come to light.

For all we know, the 2nd gen could get a valve spring recall for it's first year lol. But in the meantime, I'll stay excited!
Old 04-09-2021, 07:29 PM   #279
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanstin View Post
Here's a story:

A mustang owner goes to the ft86club forums, and every day he complains and comments in threads about how this car is absolutely gutless and pitiful. He throws around words like "torque dip" and "slow" and is very adamant about how he dislikes the looks, interior, etc. etc.

One day, a forum member decides to call him out on it. "Well, if you don't like this car so much, why are you here? This forum is dedicated to fans of this platform where we can get together and discuss the car because we enjoy it and what it stands for. This car is obviously not for you, and therefore you will not find much camaraderie here."

The mustang owner cackles to himself and responds. "Wellll I guess we just have to be blind fanatics to the FRS now. We all have to bow down and pray to the FRS gods and never ever ever question them because they are perfect and all holy and amazing and-"

This is the definition of a Strawman.

Before the other dude @RetroRacer ragequit the thread, I agreed with his original argument and still do. I'm not saying that there should be no discourse whatsoever or that we should all live in perfect, homogeneous bliss etc. etc, but if there is nothing you enjoy about the second gen and if most of your posts are just dedicated to trashing on the car, then you have to ask yourself why do you spend so much time here. No one wants to hear you bitch and moan about how you don't like this and don't like that while ignoring a lot of the good that's being done here. No one gives a fuck what you think.

I like both the 1st and 2nd gen and what they stand for, and I'm grateful that companies are still committed to making cars like these in an SUV/EV world. I like that the 2nd gen is getting an improvement in performance across the board. Yes, I get it. They're just numbers right now, but these estimates are from the company, and give me a reasonable view of what to expect in the coming model.

p.s. Yes. I like the subaru's front bumper better
I have not bitched and moaned about anything. I have expressed my opinion. You don't agree that is cool but why should I not express it?
Others have also expressed the same thoughts should they leave as well.
If people would stop telling me that I am wrong and should like it then I will stop saying how horrid it LOOKS. I have never said one word about the rest of it other than it is premature to celebrate it as "the best engine ever made".

Maybe you should get outside of the hype threads and take a look at the other contributions and participation I have in the rest of the forum. Or will you just go and look for things you don't like anyway?
MICHAEL450f (04-11-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 07:48 PM   #280
Tanstin

Quote:
I have not bitched and moaned about anything. I have expressed my opinion. You don't agree that is cool but why should I not express it?
Others have also expressed the same thoughts should they leave as well.
If people would stop telling me that I am wrong and should like it then I will stop saying how horrid it LOOKS. I have never said one word about the rest of it other than it is premature to celebrate it as "the best engine ever made".

Maybe you should get outside of the hype threads and take a look at the other contributions and participation I have in the rest of the forum. Or will you just go and look for things you don't like anyway?

Let me reiterate this for a third time, because I feel like we misunderstand each other. There is nothing wrong with disliking some aspects of this car. You are free to express it, but you are NOT free from people disagreeing with your opinion. This goes both ways, whether you like or dislike the second gen. But in a specific subforum dedicated to enthusiasts of a specific car, you will find that people will generally view the car more favorably.

Yes you have lol. Otherwise no one would have a problem with it. It's what you've been doing for most of these threads. Even since january 2020 when the first prototypes were spotted, you were on about it, and I remember people calling you out back then only for you to backpeddle and talk about how you're just taking on some holy crusade to combat "misinformation", as if motortrend was your antichrist.

As I said before I'll keep an open mind, and If it doesn't live up to the hype, I'll change my point of view.

As for your last suggestion, I don't spend nearly as much time on this forum as you do. It's very apparent how ubiquitous you are, and I daresay you are a pretty popular person here. Not one day goes by where I don't see Ned Flanders wearing a beanie whenever I look through these forums. Nothing wrong with that of course.