follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 08-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #71
langjai23

Drives: 14 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i doubt he will respond anymore. there is no point. You guys are unhappy with his resolution or lack of resolution so it's in his best interest to let this thread die.
langjai23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #72
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by langjai23 View Post
i doubt he will respond anymore. there is no point. You guys are unhappy with his resolution or lack of resolution so it's in his best interest to let this thread die.
I disagree strongly with the bold part of your quote. Whether on- or off-line, I feel like this is an issue that he should not ignore.

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mixtape For This Useful Post:
Cole (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 04:19 PM   #73
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtape View Post
I disagree strongly with the bold part of your quote. Whether on- or off-line, I feel like this is an issue that he should not ignore.
Just goes to show the (lack of) character on his part. I maybe would have considered the V2 if he stepped up here, but now? Not a chance. Will strongly steer people away from Dezod.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #74
alxtheoreo

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hey y'all.

Is the sound very obvious when the weld breaks at the y-pipe? I've own mine for 2 years counting & have zero issues.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ShadowReaper (08-21-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #75
ein86
I hit cones.

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
You guys are unhappy with his resolution or lack of resolution so it's in his best interest to let this thread die.
....I mean, if he had blamed the failure on you because you used your exhaust as an exhaust, would you be happy with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ein86 View Post
D - It's a weld, it was perfectly sealed when you got it. You installed it in and track the car. The wear is upon you. I agree it should not have worn in a year, however I have no responsibility of how you treat the car or the exhaust.
And letting this thread simply "die" wouldn't be a good option. I'm willing to bet that any future potential customer that searches for Dezod exhausts will find this thread pretty quickly. Hopefully they (the potential customer) change their mind.
ein86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ein86 For This Useful Post:
Cole (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 08:19 PM   #76
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
I don't care for the exhaust as I no longer have my BRZ.

I care for a resolution because I work in this industry as an importer/wholesale distributor, and the last thing I want is for someone to say "I have an industry standard warranty offering" when 1) it's not posted anywhere, and 2) what's been offered is nowhere near the industry standard when it comes to exhaust warranty.

But yes, let's just let it die and everyone suffers a bit.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
Cole (08-10-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 01:18 AM   #77
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Will strongly steer people away from Dezod.
I will as well.

I was incredibly close to ordering one and I am very glad that I went another way.

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #78
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtape View Post
I will as well.

I was incredibly close to ordering one and I am very glad that I went another way.
Myself as well. Loving my MXP SP.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #79
GT86Dan

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Soooooo i dont want to beat a dead horse................. BUT i would like for this thread to continue. Mainly because i want people to be educated before going into business with Dezod.

Did anyone come to a resolution with them ? Would you like to share your experience with that process ??
Old 08-15-2016, 10:26 PM   #80
tofurun

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86Dan View Post
Soooooo i dont want to beat a dead horse................. BUT i would like for this thread to continue. Mainly because i want people to be educated before going into business with Dezod.

Did anyone come to a resolution with them ? Would you like to share your experience with that process ??
just sticky it LOL
Old 08-21-2016, 10:24 AM   #81
JazzleSAURUS

Hey guys,

I found a thread where people were discussing this catback on facebook, and stirred the pot a bit to find out what people were getting for experiences and what was going on.

I spoke with Chris @DezodDevelopment and cleared the air, explaining I've already spent my money elsewhere, but I wasn't pleased with what I saw on this thread with regards to his response.

After some discussion and explaining, I think Chris was more willing to work with people than he let on, to be straight forward I think he was really unclear, and sort of limiting in the communications that he sent on this forum and to a few people but I discussed a resolution with him that I think would work best for most people, (both end users and Dezod...)

Chris is perfectly happy to send out the gusset that differentiated the V1 and V2 exhaust primarily, and resolves this issue, so you can bring it to a welding shop to be added to your axleback, which he will also pay for.

This effectively updates your unit to the V2 with regards to strength, and means you don't have to ship your axleback back to him for a time consuming repair.

Any welding or exhaust shop that TIG's should be able to bang this out very quickly.

For what it's worth, if I had a Dezod catback, this is a resolution I would most likely prefer since it limits downtime, and actual work I'd have to do, and is only of small cost to the owner, (a trip to the welding shop which is covered by Dezod.)

I have some screenshots of our conversation if people are interested in how it went down, but it was purely in an effort to find a resolution for those who had this catback.

I hope that's helpful for this thread and those that have this issue with their Dezod CBE!
@GT86Dan @Aaronimoe @ShadowReaper @ein86 @jasonc @FT-86 SpeedFactory @tofurun @VeilSide

^Did my best to tag everyone who I believe has been effected by this. If you are tagged and you aren't effected, sorry!
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JazzleSAURUS For This Useful Post:
Cole (08-21-2016), tofurun (08-21-2016), VeilSide (09-09-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #82
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
I hope that's helpful for this thread and those that have this issue with their Dezod CBE!
@GT86Dan @Aaronimoe @ShadowReaper @ein86 @jasonc @FT-86 SpeedFactory @tofurun @VeilSide

^Did my best to tag everyone who I believe has been effected by this. If you are tagged and you aren't effected, sorry!
I've had no problems with the exhaust. However, somebody admired the sound yesterday

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #83
tofurun

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
Hey guys,

I found a thread where people were discussing this catback on facebook, and stirred the pot a bit to find out what people were getting for experiences and what was going on.

I spoke with Chris @DezodDevelopment and cleared the air, explaining I've already spent my money elsewhere, but I wasn't pleased with what I saw on this thread with regards to his response.

After some discussion and explaining, I think Chris was more willing to work with people than he let on, to be straight forward I think he was really unclear, and sort of limiting in the communications that he sent on this forum and to a few people but I discussed a resolution with him that I think would work best for most people, (both end users and Dezod...)

Chris is perfectly happy to send out the gusset that differentiated the V1 and V2 exhaust primarily, and resolves this issue, so you can bring it to a welding shop to be added to your axleback, which he will also pay for.

This effectively updates your unit to the V2 with regards to strength, and means you don't have to ship your axleback back to him for a time consuming repair.

Any welding or exhaust shop that TIG's should be able to bang this out very quickly.

For what it's worth, if I had a Dezod catback, this is a resolution I would most likely prefer since it limits downtime, and actual work I'd have to do, and is only of small cost to the owner, (a trip to the welding shop which is covered by Dezod.)
Sounds like the war waters are calming down. I know they just sponsored a really big event I am going to in November which is primarily 86 community. I will be curious to see how it plays out knowing a lot of the Atlanta guys which is where Dozed is based will be there also.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #84
JazzleSAURUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurun View Post
Sounds like the war waters are calming down. I know they just sponsored a really big event I am going to in November which is primarily 86 community. I will be curious to see how it plays out knowing a lot of the Atlanta guys which is where Dozed is based will be there also.
I think it'll be interesting too. In my discussions with @DezodDevelopment Chris really seemed interested in making it right, but it took some discussion to find out where the communication breakdown was, and I think it was largely poor expression of desires by both parties.

At any rate, we now have a pretty genuinely great solution that's effective and easy for both parties with minimal downtime.