follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

View Poll Results: Rice or nice? Canards
Rice 99 63.06%
Nice 58 36.94%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 03-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #71
Gabeisonfire

Drives: 2016 Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Golden rule I live by when it comes to modifications. Do what you want. You're footing the bill for the car and the mods. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it. If you enjoy it, then you win. That's all that matters.
Gunman (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 04:44 PM   #72
kld98

Drives: 10 Years
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
No, I reason that they're in denial by their reaction to differing opinions. Because as I said above, if it's purely for your own enjoyment, it doesn't matter what I think and there's no reason to whine about it. I'm sure there are people with canards who would read this and say, "Meh, who cares what that guy thinks," and move on. By posting so many times and with such passion, you're demonstrating with every post that you do care what other people think.

It's your car. Do what you want with it. It will still look silly.
Exactly. It's your own enjoyment who cares what other people think. I happen to like the stock wheels/tires and stick radio antenna it comes with out of the factory, yet so many other owners change their wheels (rice?) or add a shark fin to their roof (rice?) and even change out all the light bulbs to LEDs (rice?). Its all about their own enjoyment.
kld98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #73
fang_gt86
FR Noob

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kld98 View Post
Exactly. It's your own enjoyment who cares what other people think. I happen to like the stock wheels/tires and stick radio antenna it comes with out of the factory, yet so many other owners change their wheels (rice?) or add a shark fin to their roof (rice?) and even change out all the light bulbs to LEDs (rice?). Its all about their own enjoyment.
I don't know. Many cars comes standard with all those nowaday. Except canards?

6MT FR-S Whiteout:OFT- OTS V2 Stage 2 (93oct & E85), Tomei UEL, Invidia OP, JDL UltraQuiet FP, Ark Grip catback, GS hood struts, Perrin Inlet & K&N drop-in
fang_gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #74
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ Spec S
Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,196 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
I love the way the haters speak with such confidence that "we" or "us" or "others" have reviewed their personal opinions about what looks "silly," found it to be irrefutable, came together as a groups and, being so inspired by the wisdom of this prophet, this voice of truth, that we anointed him the mantle of our leader and bade him go, stride, march forth and spread the word of the one and true god on our behalf.

People like this must lay awake at night, tossing and turning in only the most effective, but no more and socially-approved sheets from BB&B lamenting tearfully "there are people out there making choices about their own lives and property that affect me in no real way, but the aggravation of my own self-actualized feeling of certainty of my own self-importance; they must be stopped!"

Life must be a constant struggle. Perhaps get over yourself and worry less about what other people are doing. So where are you at on unicorn horns?

The #1 most beneficial $$ you can spend on this car to go faster is seat time.
Quit trying to out think the engineers and just drive the car.
themadscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #75
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadscientist View Post
I love the way the haters speak with such confidence that "we" or "us" or "others" have reviewed their personal opinions about what looks "silly," found it to be irrefutable, came together as a groups and, being so inspired by the wisdom of this prophet, this voice of truth, that we anointed him the mantle of our leader and bade him go, stride, march forth and spread the word of the one and true god on our behalf.

People like this must lay awake at night, tossing and turning in only the most effective, but no more and socially-approved sheets from BB&B lamenting tearfully "there are people out there making choices about their own lives and property that affect me in no real way, but the aggravation of my own self-actualized feeling of certainty of my own self-importance; they must be stopped!"

Life must be a constant struggle. Perhaps get over yourself and worry less about what other people are doing. So where are you at on unicorn horns?

I don't know what that last statement meant but gg sir. Well played
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #76
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
So where are you at on unicorn horns?
I prefer to wear them around my hips instead of on my head. But that's just me. YMMV.
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #77
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I love the way the haters speak with such confidence that "we" or "us" or "others" have reviewed their personal opinions about what looks "silly," found it to be irrefutable...
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102864
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote