follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
Fa20Toybaru
FA20ToyBaru

Drives: Manual
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Haltech or Aem dash display

I am getting around to setting up the final stages of my build. I need to have a way to monitor, the many different aspects of the functions going on under the hood. I wanted to go a different direction, and not have a half dozen gauges. I was looking at the Haltech and Aem dash displays. I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has used any of these products.
I also have one question, if you have installed any of these two. Have you been able to set up your dash with speedometer, cooling, oil, fuel, and Rpms? I dont mind having one or two gauges, i just dont want the norm. Thank you for your help.
Fa20Toybaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:03 AM   #2
RRslip

Drives: Black BRZ - STX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I haven't used the products that you mentioned but I am running a digital dashboard. I have been meaning to post this information in a thread of it's own.

I'm using a galaxy Tab A mounted to the OE radio garnish. I use a RaceCapture Track MK2
https://www.autosportlabs.com/produc...turetrack-mk2/

Race capture plugs into the OBD port and collects CAN data, as well as GPS data from a separate antenna. It has an app that you install on the tablet. RC sets up a wifi network and sends the data to the tablet via wifi.

All of the data you are trying to set up gauges for are on the CAN bus (oil pressure is not). You can configure gauges with warnings and colors etc. on the RaceCapture app for anything on the CAN bus.

For oil pressure I installed a sensor and ran it to an arduino than converts the signal into a CAN message and sends that to the RaceCapture.

All of this can be done for significantly less than the cost of those digital dashes mentioned above, at least at their MSRP.
RRslip is offline   Reply With Quote