follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2020, 05:10 AM   #3543
BertoFT
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: 13 FRS Firestorm
Location: SC
Posts: 53
Thanks: 28
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devtec View Post
Just an update on the MAP sensor relocation...

Previous to the relocation I was getting 25.8mpg with about 80/20 highway/city on my regular commute of 20 miles each way.

After relocation getting about 30.7mpg same route.

I know the fuel economy indicator isn't the most reliable, but the delta does seem real.
Add any other mods you have in your post, so as not to mislead anyone googling "BRZ EBSC MPG".

I get 28-29mpg on my 90/10 commute, with a lot of elevation changes. That is with an EBSC install done by the book. My only other mod is a Invidia N1 catback.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk
BertoFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:14 PM   #3544
aKaGorganZola
Member
 
aKaGorganZola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Drives: 2017 BRZ Series. Yellow
Location: CT
Posts: 12
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
So I'm a only a couple weeks out from ordering my kit finally and I've got a mishimoto oil cooler installed. I've seen the solutions already posted here and I'm gonna go with what that racecar driver went with(forget her name). It looked like she just shoved it as far to the right side of the car as possible inline with the stock position. Without taking my front bumper off I just don't know how far that'll be and I'm trying to get some measurements for the extended oil lines I'll need to order. Anyone have any measurements handy or know off the top of their head about how much farther that'll push the core over?
aKaGorganZola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #3545
Elliotw
Senior Member
 
Elliotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Location: Seattle
Posts: 407
Thanks: 186
Thanked 262 Times in 161 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This MAP sensor relocation seems like a good mod to make. I looked at both the Harrop and Cosworth superchargers images and you can see the MAP sensor is mounted much higher up in the manifold which is more potential evidence to the point of the MAP being mounted too low for edelbrock.

As someone who does lot of high demand driving(track + drift) I am wondering if losing an accurate temperate of intake air could cause some serious damage. What's people's thoughts? Toast seems to have thought of a potential fix where you use two MAP sensors and splice the wiring together so one is giving temp and the other is giving the other reading. I am hoping to find a solution which will be reliable for high demand driving that my car sees. Thank you to everyone involved in the investigation of this MAP relocation.
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #3546
Kodename47
Senior Member
 
Kodename47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: UK GT86
Location: UK
Posts: 2,931
Thanks: 180
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,053 Posts
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliotw View Post
This MAP sensor relocation seems like a good mod to make. I looked at both the Harrop and Cosworth superchargers images and you can see the MAP sensor is mounted much higher up in the manifold which is more potential evidence to the point of the MAP being mounted too low for edelbrock.

As someone who does lot of high demand driving(track + drift) I am wondering if losing an accurate temperate of intake air could cause some serious damage. What's people's thoughts? Toast seems to have thought of a potential fix where you use two MAP sensors and splice the wiring together so one is giving temp and the other is giving the other reading. I am hoping to find a solution which will be reliable for high demand driving that my car sees. Thank you to everyone involved in the investigation of this MAP relocation.
The Cosworth experiences MAP fluctuations too - just seems to be seen as a non issue even though the fuelling is all over the place as a result.

I would just run a separate IAT in the manifold (or TMAP, whichever is cheaper). I have no doubt a dedicated IAT would be more accurate/faster acting. Simple enough of a solution if you're going to the bother of moving the MAP out of the manifold. Fuelling and ignition timing will have inputs from IAT at a minimum, then you might have custom maps and SD to contend with.
__________________
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:36 PM   #3547
devtec
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 72
Thanks: 9
Thanked 30 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertoFT View Post
Add any other mods you have in your post, so as not to mislead anyone googling "BRZ EBSC MPG".

I get 28-29mpg on my 90/10 commute, with a lot of elevation changes. That is with an EBSC install done by the book. My only other mod is a Invidia N1 catback.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Good point, thank you.

Edelbrock s/c
Delicious Tune
Ace 4-2-1 Header (Type A, 350 Collector)
Magnaflow Frontpipe (2.5")
Milltek Catback Exhaust (2.5", with Magnaflow Resonator)
DW300 Fuel Pump


Will be adding DW700c fuel injectors and a new tune soon, so the mpg will likely drop after that.
devtec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devtec For This Useful Post:
BertoFT (06-07-2020), CSG Mike (06-07-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 11:51 PM   #3548
tomm.brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Location: italy
Posts: 1,350
Thanks: 319
Thanked 479 Times in 395 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bugger injectors doesnt mean "more fuel", you can put even 1050cc or bigger, it won't t change a thing unless you are going to put E85
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 05:27 PM   #3549
BR-ZED
Senior Member
 
BR-ZED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: MD
Posts: 169
Thanks: 127
Thanked 43 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bah looks like I drew the short straw. Brand new kit. Just unboxed and see it has the old bypass on it :-/

3 bolts, not 2.

Not sure how Edelbrock will remedy it. Wasn't sure how easy the new part was to install as it sounded like it had to be calibrated properly.
BR-ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:00 AM   #3550
Side
Senior Member
 
Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Location: Washington
Posts: 199
Thanks: 294
Thanked 113 Times in 68 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR-ZED View Post
Bah looks like I drew the short straw. Brand new kit. Just unboxed and see it has the old bypass on it :-/

3 bolts, not 2.

Not sure how Edelbrock will remedy it. Wasn't sure how easy the new part was to install as it sounded like it had to be calibrated properly.
That's upsetting! I also bought mine new, but haven't opened it yet. Did you buy directly from Edelbrock?
Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:18 AM   #3551
BR-ZED
Senior Member
 
BR-ZED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: MD
Posts: 169
Thanks: 127
Thanked 43 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side View Post
That's upsetting! I also bought mine new, but haven't opened it yet. Did you buy directly from Edelbrock?
Yes, I did.

It looks like my kit was assembled in January 2018, but it looks like someone changed the 2018 to 2019 on the packing checklist so they may have gone over it again?

Any other parts that changed in the kit? I think I have the newer surge tank (short and fat, not long and skinny)
BR-ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:27 AM   #3552
Side
Senior Member
 
Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Location: Washington
Posts: 199
Thanks: 294
Thanked 113 Times in 68 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR-ZED View Post
Yes, I did.

It looks like my kit was assembled in January 2018, but it looks like someone changed the 2018 to 2019 on the packing checklist so they may have gone over it again?

Any other parts that changed in the kit? I think I have the newer surge tank (short and fat, not long and skinny)
How do you check the assembly date? Can I check it without opening the box?

Guess I'll find out soon enough, taking the car and parts to my brother's garage this weekend.
Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #3553
BR-ZED
Senior Member
 
BR-ZED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Location: MD
Posts: 169
Thanks: 127
Thanked 43 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side View Post
How do you check the assembly date? Can I check it without opening the box?

Guess I'll find out soon enough, taking the car and parts to my brother's garage this weekend.
There was a checklist inside with an assembly and inspection date and a supercharger number. I think it was in the binder. The binder (for me) was pretty easy to grab. If you cut the black straps off the box basically comes apart with little effort. The binder was right there in front. It only took me about 10 min to pull out the boxes and check the bypass valve
BR-ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BR-ZED For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (06-08-2020), Side (06-08-2020)
Old 06-08-2020, 01:26 PM   #3554
Elliotw
Senior Member
 
Elliotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Location: Seattle
Posts: 407
Thanks: 186
Thanked 262 Times in 161 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
The Cosworth experiences MAP fluctuations too - just seems to be seen as a non issue even though the fuelling is all over the place as a result.

I would just run a separate IAT in the manifold (or TMAP, whichever is cheaper). I have no doubt a dedicated IAT would be more accurate/faster acting. Simple enough of a solution if you're going to the bother of moving the MAP out of the manifold. Fuelling and ignition timing will have inputs from IAT at a minimum, then you might have custom maps and SD to contend with.
This would require a custom harness/splicing?
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #3555
Kodename47
Senior Member
 
Kodename47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: UK GT86
Location: UK
Posts: 2,931
Thanks: 180
Thanked 1,523 Times in 1,053 Posts
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliotw View Post
This would require a custom harness/splicing?
Yes, but no different to a second TMAP. Take the 2 IAT wires from the MAP and run them to the new IAT. Done.
__________________
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:50 PM   #3556
rixon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Drives: Subaru 2020 BRZ
Location: USA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fit 2020 BRZ

Does this fit the 2020 BRZ? Edelbrock on lists up to 2019. It this just a Cali thing? If I don't care about Cali will it fit 2020 model?
I Emailed Edelbrock got a ticket number but never a response. Amazing that someone willing to spend $5500.00 on one if their products doesn't even merit a response.
rixon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vortech Owner Thread & Setup Questions reyruiz191 Forced Induction 328 07-04-2020 12:28 PM
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger itsibarra Forced Induction 936 09-27-2016 03:51 PM
Most annoyingly over-asked questions on FT86 forums mit_peid Off-Topic Lounge 36 01-16-2014 02:48 PM
Brz Info/Specs (helpful info for questions asked often) Gaen Subaru BRZ General Forum 0 05-24-2012 10:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.