follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2015, 09:50 AM   #43
Braces
Senior Member
 
Braces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 17 Alfa Romeo 4C
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 988
Thanks: 569
Thanked 711 Times in 365 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by track junkie View Post
This issue makes me want to buy a new car with no miles on the odometer.
Exactly. I ordered my FR-S and specifically told the dealership ... No one can test drive the car. It had 7 or 9 miles on it when I picked it I up. Every other new car I have purchased had 10 mile or less on it. If it had more miles ... It is not new. It is used.
Braces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #44
SamuelDev
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 24
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Hey there Sam, I know you have had a month of practice but if this goes to court you just may want to ask the Mods to delete your other thread. Have no doubt a lawyer will twist it against you.


http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94505


I know Tcoat, any sign of the dealership pressing the issue further and I'll be deleting all the things

Also, to update the thread, the dealer never responded. I have a feeling that nothing is gonna come of this.

On the same day, my other car dealership tried to screw me over too WRT trying to give me a shitty aftermarket head unit for my Veloster instead of the stock replacement they promised when I bought the car... TWO car dealership douchey scams in one day... Now I know why they call them stealerships
SamuelDev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SamuelDev For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #45
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 60,477
Thanks: 53,425
Thanked 87,545 Times in 38,915 Posts
Mentioned: 2211 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Court!?!? Anyone thinking anything will come of this is insane....
If there is damage (I don't believe there is)
If they could prove OP did it (I don't believe they can)
If they decided that there was lost value in the car (I don't believe there was)
They could take it to small claims court. What would they have to lose?
And yes I may be insane but not because I considered that as a very real possibility.


I do love the mentality here sometimes. The second a dealer gets an oil smudge on a car everybody is all "lawyer up and sue them, sue them, sue them". As soon as somebody does something to a brand new car at the dealership it is all "Oh it is their own fault for not going with them". I am not saying that the OP damaged the car but I don't know that he didn't either and the evidence he provides in his barely 2 month old "How do I drive MT I am afraid of damaging it" thread could be very damning. There are several multi page threads here with young guys whining "the stupid dealer said I can't take the car for a test drive all by myself and they don't know anything about me I am 17 and have been driving for 3 months now so why are they discriminating against me" or "I want to buy this certain car but it has 12 miles on it and I want a discount because I don't know how it was driven for those miles". It doesn't matter if the OP damaged the car or not since now the dealer will be even more careful about who they let test drive and all the people who get refused will scream about it.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Braces (11-09-2015), Dave-ROR (11-24-2015), Hoahao (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 12:50 PM   #46
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno
 
Summerwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2014 Wrb limited
Location: North Indiana
Posts: 3,259
Thanks: 2,019
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,276 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Again, i ask. Was a test drive agreement signed? Insurance given? Anything.... the dealer has no legs here.

I wasn't implying you are insane... but this is a sales tactic IMO.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
Cole (11-26-2015), Tcoat (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #47
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 60,477
Thanks: 53,425
Thanked 87,545 Times in 38,915 Posts
Mentioned: 2211 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Again, i ask. Was a test drive agreement signed? Insurance given? Anything.... the dealer has no legs here.

I wasn't implying you are insane... but this is a sales tactic IMO.
Canada eh.
Have never seen a test drive agreement in my life and I have probably test drove a couple of hundred cars (bought 12 new ones over the years). There is a simple expectation from the dealer that a car taken on a test drive is going to be returned in the condition in which it left. That is not an unreasonable expectation. When it isn't and they can prove (again not saying they can in this case but we only know half the story) that a person caused damage they have the right to be compensated for that. They would of course have the burden of proof in the case.


Oh and..."Court!?!? Anyone thinking anything will come of this is insane.... " Although in fairness I was not thinking anything would come out of it but wanted the OP to be prepared if it did.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (11-09-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 02:46 PM   #48
Fastbrew
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: 2014 Pearl White BRZ
Location: USA
Posts: 764
Thanks: 123
Thanked 460 Times in 233 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Look - don't say anything. Just stop. They will cover it with their insurance or with the Auto company. You will never see a court summons.

End of story.
Fastbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbrew For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 03:12 PM   #49
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 60,477
Thanks: 53,425
Thanked 87,545 Times in 38,915 Posts
Mentioned: 2211 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbrew View Post
Look - don't say anything. Just stop. They will cover it with their insurance or with the Auto company. You will never see a court summons.

End of story.
If there is even actually an issue with the car. Clutch smell from a new car is something they should be familiar with I would think.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #50
extrashaky
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Location: USA
Posts: 3,977
Thanks: 1,079
Thanked 5,513 Times in 2,222 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Clutch smell from a new car is something they should be familiar with I would think.
After dealing with some knowledgeable people and some pretty stupid people at two Subaru dealerships now, I wouldn't make that assumption.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #51
02.ACCORD.DUDE
Car N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: Honda Accord (2002)
Location: NJ
Posts: 315
Thanks: 298
Thanked 135 Times in 78 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm late to the party but... The less you say in writing the better. Conduct all further discussions via phone and / or be very careful with your wording. Be as concise as possible and don't try to defend every action and/or non-action on your part.

If all is as you say I find it very hard to believe the dealer can / will do anything of substance against you.
02.ACCORD.DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #52
SamuelDev
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 24
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
After dealing with some knowledgeable people and some pretty stupid people at two Subaru dealerships now, I wouldn't make that assumption.
The fact that he was surprised at new-engine/new-clutch break-in smell, and the fact that they filled my tank on my BRZ with 87 fuel (needs minimum 91) and told me to 'just use the cheapest fuel, save the $', this dealership hasn't proved it knows really anything
SamuelDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:26 PM   #53
nova.86
Legendary Member
 
nova.86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: HyperBlue BRZ
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 358
Thanks: 137
Thanked 180 Times in 90 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelDev View Post
The fact that he was surprised at new-engine/new-clutch break-in smell, and the fact that they filled my tank on my BRZ with 87 fuel (needs minimum 91) and told me to 'just use the cheapest fuel, save the $', this dealership hasn't proved it knows really anything
They did the same to my BRZ when I bought it a few days ago from a dealership in SoCal, lol, kinda got me mad but whatever. I put 91 when it got empty.
nova.86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #54
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 60,477
Thanks: 53,425
Thanked 87,545 Times in 38,915 Posts
Mentioned: 2211 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
After dealing with some knowledgeable people and some pretty stupid people at two Subaru dealerships now, I wouldn't make that assumption.
Key word there was "should".
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:21 PM   #55
Hoahao
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: 2014 Monogram Hot Lava
Location: S.E. Pa
Posts: 95
Thanks: 1,307
Thanked 116 Times in 41 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Curious to hear your guys' thoughts...

Tell them your referring the matter to your lawyers; the Venerable Law Firm of Smith & Wesson.
Hoahao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #56
paiceyfan
Senior Member
 
paiceyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: 14 BRZ Ltd WRB - Delicious Edel SC
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 491
Thanks: 327
Thanked 209 Times in 120 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobin View Post
"Normal company policy is that these vehicles are not allowed out on a test drive without being accompanied by a sales person, but in this case our new sales representative did not know this."

It's on them, not you.
This...and the fact they state this to you is amazing...they have already admitted that the sales person was not trained correctly, so that absolves you and the sales person.
__________________
It's not speed or the attention that matters, it is that unexplainable moment when man and machine become one! At that time, nothing else exists except the path before you.
paiceyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
wrx sti brz test drive

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Last-Minute-Drive Thread blalor New England 27 03-31-2020 01:06 PM
Dealer won't let you test drive a car?! Good/bad experiences salespeople DownFracture Subaru BRZ General Forum 53 01-23-2016 04:44 PM
86_ZN6 scamming? Never received my helix markers Brody602 User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments 33 03-19-2014 09:15 AM
Brz just broke 1k miles, clutch begins to feel grindy rourich Northern California 14 10-11-2013 04:16 PM
Drive.ru 10 minute video of BRZ ayau Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 11 03-30-2012 12:31 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.