follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #5993
TemeCal

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokinbird87 View Post
hi guys, I`m about to purchase a used innovate kit... are there any specifics to look for? I`m not gonna read all 273 pages but it seems like the belt and the pulley is where the issues are? and is it absolutely necessary to run E85 if i want to track race with the kit even if I will have an intercooler and an oil cooler?

thanks.
I absolutely loved my kit. The only issue I had, was some squeaking either from the belt or a pulley. I never figured out where the noise was coming from, and am now in the process of selling my kit (selling the car).

I ran 91oct (CA gas) without any issues. It pulled very strong on the street. On my track days, I would either use torco, or put some 100oct in my tank. Never had any issues. If I had E85 nearby, I probably would have done the flex fuel kit...but that would be to only increase my power. It's perfectly happy on pump gas, assuming you get a good tune with Delicious or Moto-East.
TemeCal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TemeCal For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (02-07-2015), mokinbird87 (02-05-2015)
Old 02-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #5994
Yoda

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ(Sophia)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SOOooo when u selling the kit....Doing my taxes this weekend
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #5995
TemeCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
SOOooo when u selling the kit....Doing my taxes this weekend
Sorry...I didn't want to clutter this thread with my issues and sale. I actually sold the kit. However, USPS lost one of the boxes (intercooler and bunch of blower hardware). I'm in the process of getting the blower back, then I need to purchase all parts that were lost.

I have another person already in line to buy it (contacted me a few hours ago). I'll keep you posted if things fall through. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2015, 09:20 PM   #5996
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
By the way.....i'm getting tiny oil leak on the rear brake booster fitting. Will have to remove and replace with teflon taped brass fitting, but really not looking forward to doing it.

The last time I replaced the evap line plastic fitting on the rear of the blower, it took me 2 trips to the parts store and 3 hours of fiddling around!

Top Tip:
remove those useless plastic fittings and replace with brass fittings BEFORE you install the supercharger!!!
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fizz For This Useful Post:
brianhj (02-05-2015), mokinbird87 (02-06-2015)
Old 02-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #5997
brianhj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Has anyone removed the elbow with the unit installed? I dread taking the whole thing off
brianhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #5998
Fizz
Senior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhj View Post
Has anyone removed the elbow with the unit installed? I dread taking the whole thing off
I seem to recall reading that @TemeCal and @CK_Bladesmith managed to remove the elbow only. I'm reluctant to do so because I might break something lol. So I'll just have to replace the fitting the hard way.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #5999
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
I seem to recall reading that @TemeCal and @CK_Bladesmith managed to remove the elbow only. I'm reluctant to do so because I might break something lol. So I'll just have to replace the fitting the hard way.

You won't break anything besides maybe a bolt, which is a pain in the ass to remove. Just disconnect the lines and get a mirror so you can see what you're doing.
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CK_Bladesmith For This Useful Post:
brianhj (02-09-2015), Fizz (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #6000
Fizz
Senior Addict

By the way guys, when checking the blower's oil level through the sight glass, should it be full or half or 3/4?

Just noticed my oil level is just under the half mark on the glass....but the tip of the dipstick isn't picking up any oil (remove, wipe, dip, remove, check). I'm worried now.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:44 AM   #6001
CK_Bladesmith

Quote:
By the way guys, when checking the blower's oil level through the sight glass, should it be full or half or 3/4?

Just noticed my oil level is just under the half mark on the glass....but the tip of the dipstick isn't picking up any oil (remove, wipe, dip, remove, check). I'm worried now.

I wish mine had a sight glass. All the old ones just have a dipstick which is really hard to read if full or low.
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #6002
TemeCal

Quote:
I actually installed the new elbows, when the blower was off the car. I think it'd be pretty tough to do it any other way.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #6003
Fizz
Senior Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_Bladesmith View Post
I wish mine had a sight glass. All the old ones just have a dipstick which is really hard to read if full or low.
Geez that's gonna be hard to check then. I noticed the end of the dipstick has an indicator line.....but is it supposed to be on the line, or above the line, or what? Stupid manual doesn't say. Gonna have to ring up Sprintex first thing on Monday.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:14 AM   #6004
CK_Bladesmith

Quote:
Geez that's gonna be hard to check then. I noticed the end of the dipstick has an indicator line.....but is it supposed to be on the line, or above the line, or what? Stupid manual doesn't say. Gonna have to ring up Sprintex first thing on Monday.

Needs to be on that line.
The Following User Says Thank You to CK_Bladesmith For This Useful Post:
Fizz (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 12:03 PM   #6005
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Looking to purchase the Sprintex 335 through Moto East group buy, running on non built motor with ME custom tune. How is the low end torque on the twin screw compared to running a turbo? How difficult is the install? I understand the kit uses the stock air box.
Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:38 PM   #6006
TemeCal

@SprintexUSA - I still haven't heard from anyone. Can someone please contact me via PM or email? I figured out what items I am missing. I'll need the following from you guys:

- Inlet Pipe
- Idler pulley mount
- Evap Sol Relocation Bracket
- Fuel rail support bracket
- FT86 throttle body loom extension
- FT86 MAP sensor loom extension

The only part I can see available to buy (from Sprintex Australia?) is the inlet pipe. I don't see the other parts listed anywhere on your site. Can you please have someone call me, so I can buy these parts?

I'm getting very desperate now, and don't want a $4700 paperweight in my garage because I couldn't order a few parts.

Thanks

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.