follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 12-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #169
Hazeypoo

Drives: Ultramarine FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S84kam View Post

My attempt. FRS manual controls with toggle switches. The toggle switches are working. I have 1 switch connected to my front bumper camera/dash. The others I haven't found a use for but it looks much nicer than before!
wait how did you do this?
Hazeypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:42 AM   #170
S84kam

Drives: FBRZS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
purchased this from a BRZ wrecker and i took out the knobs, replaced them with the FRS.

Dremeled the back so i could use the circuit board for the toggle switches. They look cool, but the plastic switches are quite cheap to the touch. I've sold it to a friend who really wanted them though. It does look much cleaner
S84kam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S84kam For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (12-23-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #171
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDfun View Post
There are description of HVAC System for BRZ (Limited and Premium) and FR-S Base in attachment. I still not sure with possibility to swap dual CC to FR-S or BRZ Pr by plug in them even if I have Limited BRZ for parts with all modules and harness. In attachment you can find working logic dual CC, this system works even with MAIN BODY ECU not only with ECM.

Any suggestions about "Fully and correct working duall CC swap"...
Before Workshop12 vanished into thin air, they posted a list of parts needed to do something like what you're asking for (the list became invisible after their thread got locked). Here is their defunct kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-connected-car .

The key part were simple generic servos or actuators to take the place of manual control knobs behind the dual climate panel (or other custom interface). Those were to be hooked up to a motor control board in the Braniac. The same thing is achievable with Arduino, Raspberry pi, or any of the other million DIY boards out there. I've done some research and really the hardest part of it all is to make the setup OEM reliable and clean looking. I will take this project up sometime in 2017, just don't know when.

Last edited by DAEMANO; 12-20-2016 at 12:00 PM.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:10 PM   #172
Hazeypoo

Drives: Ultramarine FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S84kam View Post
purchased this from a BRZ wrecker and i took out the knobs, replaced them with the FRS.

Dremeled the back so i could use the circuit board for the toggle switches. They look cool, but the plastic switches are quite cheap to the touch. I've sold it to a friend who really wanted them though. It does look much cleaner
i like it a lot :C where you able to put in the frs knobs in without having to modify anything or no?
Hazeypoo is offline   Reply With Quote