follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #15
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Ronin View Post
those seats! those seats are the truth!!! best car to sit in thru the entire show, porche 911, genesis and audi s3 have nothing on these seats or the driver oriented feeling of it.
No offense, that was the entire focus and point of this car. Driver focus, no gimmicks or flash.

Quote:
...And the subaru is MANUAL. knob still there lol

Yea I think a CAMRY has a better sound sytem.we TRIED the eq settings and its a tad raspy and has no base... but Its changeable so not a big prob for me id rather they cut that to keep costs down
lmao! I didn't know Subaru was Manuel.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #16
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
The scion audio system is BOMB we were toying with it with the car on, car off, people all around and it was MORE than sufficient for a car of its size.
chate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
DaReaper

Drives: SRT-4, Evo, IS-F
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
after sitting in the FRS at the NY auto show on Sunday, i hate to say that I have to give up my hopes of getting it...6'2 245 just wasnt getting in the car comfortably.. seats are great, car is great but my knees are practically touching the steering wheel..I tried to think thin and it still didnt work..lolmaybe I will wait till my order arrives at the dealer before making a final decision
DaReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Drives: Civic Turbo,FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_DEUCE View Post
No offense, that was the entire focus and point of this car. Driver focus, no gimmicks or flash.

lmao! I didn't know Subaru was Manuel.
i know man lol i was on my droid trying to edit that and the word "base" and the dam thing kept freaking out, now im home i fixed it lol i was hoping nobody would notice
but yea about the seats i know thats the idea for it but i cant believe how well they did it over other sports cars with a longer production line.
Grip Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #19
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chate View Post
The scion audio system is BOMB we were toying with it with the car on, car off, people all around and it was MORE than sufficient for a car of its size.
you tried the regular radio with no sub or the tv version? maybe im too picky but this one wasnt cutting it for me. i worked at a nissan dealer and every fairly modern car that came in had a solid sounding system even the sentras but then again all of these cost more and are focused on comfort as selling points.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #20
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
you tried the regular radio with no sub or the tv version? maybe im too picky but this one wasnt cutting it for me. i worked at a nissan dealer and every fairly modern car that came in had a solid sounding system even the sentras but then again all of these cost more and are focused on comfort as selling points.
Did you play with the EQ at all? I played with the one in the BRZ and once I set it up it sounded fine (although I didn't really get it loud enough to really see what it could do). Most Nissans I've been in had Bose so can't really compare, but I'd rather have a system I can upgrade than a Bose which sounds ok from the factory but has all proprietary connections. Sub is probably going to be the first mod for me though, can't really go back once you have a nice sub.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #21
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceywilly View Post
Did you play with the EQ at all? I played with the one in the BRZ and once I set it up it sounded fine (although I didn't really get it loud enough to really see what it could do). Most Nissans I've been in had Bose so can't really compare, but I'd rather have a system I can upgrade than a Bose which sounds ok from the factory but has all proprietary connections. Sub is probably going to be the first mod for me though, can't really go back once you have a nice sub.
Yea I played with the eq. And only 1 of the 3 settings sounded good..I belive in a good sub overiding a lacking system but the problem lies in the 10in trunk height lol. I'm thinking to make a floor enclosure.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #22
Brett
First 86

Drives: Whiteout MT FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReaper View Post
after sitting in the FRS at the NY auto show on Sunday, i hate to say that I have to give up my hopes of getting it...6'2 245 just wasnt getting in the car comfortably.. seats are great, car is great but my knees are practically touching the steering wheel..I tried to think thin and it still didnt work..lolmaybe I will wait till my order arrives at the dealer before making a final decision
Did you lower the seat? I didn't realize it lowered the first time I sat in it.

Brett
Old 04-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #23
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

That's the big grey handle in front of the tilt handle?? Wondering what that did
Old 04-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #24
Rabble

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
I'm 6'3", 240lb and fit just fine, even had to move the seat up.

Always always check the seat height adjuster.
Rabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #25
iDriveFast

Drives: Civic Si
Best car at the auto show was the viper, nothing else. Besides that i sat in both the brz and frs and i can honesty say there is no point in backseats. No one and i mean no one (kids, friends) can fit back there. When you're in a comfortable position the front seat is literally touching the backseat. When i got in the back my feet were literally under the front seat with it barely being pushed back. The person who sat in front of me was uncomfortable too. So when you consider this car think of a two seater and not a car that will have backseats for when i really need them. Also the frs audio system sucked and so did bespoke from what i played with. Im 5'11 170lbs btw. Up front everything is tight and close together. Car is really snug but i like it.
iDriveFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #26
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

so im not picky thats another agreement, plus my friends there that the audio is weak. but yea i dont do rear seats 1 car doesn't have them and the nissan s14 is the exact same rear seat clearance as the frs
Old 04-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #27
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveFast View Post
Also the frs audio system sucked and so did bespoke from what i played with.
Well if the speakers are crap then changing the HU to the Bespoke won't miraculously cure that problem.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #28
csaba

Drives: scion tc
I was there yesterday love the car I think the stereo is fine its small inside you don't need a lot of watts to fill it up, the trunk is big enough for me if I go food shopping enough space or a road trip with a few suitcases fits just fine. They really naild the form of this car.
the back seat has no use other than use as a trunk,

I noticed the hood how light is because its made of aluminium.

The engine is so low its really must be a very good cornering car,
For the price its a great value!
I can't really write anything new but whats been everybody saying
I'm sure the ride must be stiff because the sitting position is low,
when I drove my girlfriend Acura RSX years ago it was much more stiff ride than my TC if anybody could compare the rsx to the fr-s that would be great .
csaba is offline   Reply With Quote