follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 06-23-2022, 02:36 PM   #29
DNAcomposition

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited 6MT WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRBRZk View Post
Just a little update. I have now receieved my VIN for my 2023 order. Still same estimated time period. Hopefully another 6-8 weeks!
Congrats! Can't wait to get my VIN confirmation E-mail. Hopefully in the next month or 2 (initial ETA estimate was August).
DNAcomposition is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DNAcomposition For This Useful Post:
WRBRZk (06-23-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 10:10 PM   #30
Thatllbuffout

Drives: WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Got an update today on my 23'. Ordered May 5th, original estimate was October/November. Updated delivery is now August with a VIN expected anyday. He said this is due to the color I ordered, MGM. All the MGM orders were moved up. Bad news is he's seen red orders get pushed back to November if they weren't already. Sorrry if thats bad news to anyone, just passing along what I heard.
Thatllbuffout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thatllbuffout For This Useful Post:
DNAcomposition (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 11:10 PM   #31
DNAcomposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatllbuffout View Post
Got an update today on my 23'. Ordered May 5th, original estimate was October/November. Updated delivery is now August with a VIN expected anyday. He said this is due to the color I ordered, MGM. All the MGM orders were moved up. Bad news is he's seen red orders get pushed back to November if they weren't already. Sorrry if thats bad news to anyone, just passing along what I heard.
Nice! Hopefully that will mean good news for a lot of us who placed orders in April. Interesting regarding delays for Ignition Red... wonder if all that red paint went to GR86 allocations.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:48 AM   #32
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
They may be only running certain colors through production at certain times. I've heard about other auto makers doing this. They have a production schedule for cars not painted in the default white/black/gray/silver which make up the bulk of production. The last example I saw it was certain weeks of the month, not certain months though.

With firm '23 orders with VIN's now coming out, what is happening to the folks still waiting on '22s? Just curious.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Desertnate For This Useful Post:
DNAcomposition (07-08-2022)
Old 07-08-2022, 12:40 PM   #33
Thatllbuffout

Drives: WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
With firm '23 orders with VIN's now coming out, what is happening to the folks still waiting on '22s? Just curious.
That's what I've been trying to figure out, seems like there are quite a few who are yet to take delivery of their 22's.
Thatllbuffout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 03:14 PM   #34
KOUKIBLUEBRZ

Drives: 23 Brz expected in August
Got my VIN last Thursday!

With a surprise I got my VIN last week , I put a deposit at the end of april and my expected delivery date was the end of August. I ordered my car in Montreal at Subaru Metropolitan (Previously known as John Scotti Subaru). Pretty sure my delivery date will be earlier as they expected. I ordered a Rally Blue BRZ Sport Tech. Definitely my dream car. Hope y'all will have their car soon as well.
KOUKIBLUEBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KOUKIBLUEBRZ For This Useful Post:
DNAcomposition (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 03:33 PM   #35
DNAcomposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUKIBLUEBRZ View Post
With a surprise I got my VIN last week , I put a deposit at the end of april and my expected delivery date was the end of August. I ordered my car in Montreal at Subaru Metropolitan (Previously known as John Scotti Subaru). Pretty sure my delivery date will be earlier as they expected. I ordered a Rally Blue BRZ Sport Tech. Definitely my dream car. Hope y'all will have their car soon as well.
Awesome, congrats! Hoping I'll see my VIN E-mailed soon.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:46 PM   #36
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,229 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatllbuffout View Post
That's a bummer if true. I ordered a red, Limited in April.

Thankfully, I don't need a car. But was looking forward to it. My custom FA500s showed up yesterday, was hoping the car wouldn't be too far behind.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:44 AM   #37
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAcomposition View Post
Nice! Hopefully that will mean good news for a lot of us who placed orders in April. Interesting regarding delays for Ignition Red... wonder if all that red paint went to GR86 allocations.
Nah, they would have the same paint configs available in the factory at same time I'd expect. There was a sort of burst of red 86 allocations in early to mid June and then by late June there were zero new red allocations across the country. And those were the first of the cars that would come in August on average, though still 2022's. This gap might relate to that Nov est.

So far, the only 2023 allocation I've seen out there on dealer sites was red though! (Unfortunately the god-like spreadsheet we were using to track 86 allocations got kyboshed by Toyota.) Anyhow I'd guess there will be some red 23 BRZs come before Nov, and that's another conservative estimate thing.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredzy For This Useful Post:
DNAcomposition (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 03:20 PM   #38
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,229 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I received another message from my dealer today that my '23 Limited, Ignition Red is still expected to be here next month.

I'll let you all know if actually shows up in the next 6 weeks.
DNAcomposition (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 08:16 PM   #39
WRBRZk

Drives: potential 2023 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
I received another message from my dealer today that my '23 Limited, Ignition Red is still expected to be here next month.

I'll let you all know if actually shows up in the next 6 weeks.
This. Mine has already been on the ship for a few weeks so I’m hoping to hear some good news very soon
WRBRZk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 01:55 AM   #40
Up4speed

Drives: 2023 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
They may be only running certain colors through production at certain times. I've heard about other auto makers doing this. They have a production schedule for cars not painted in the default white/black/gray/silver which make up the bulk of production. The last example I saw it was certain weeks of the month, not certain months though.

I ordered a '22 on Jan 6th, and it never came!
I spoke to my salesman last week. He said that they turned it into a '23, and their computer showed an estimated date of Jan 2023!!(not sure if it was production or delivery)
Needless to say, I'm very shocked that I have to wait 1 year (if it even comes by then), for a SUBARU! WTF
Up4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:19 AM   #41
X25
Sr. Spiritual Advisor

Drives: 2023 BRZ Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up4speed View Post
I spoke to my salesman last week. He said that they turned it into a '23, and their computer showed an estimated date of Jan 2023!!(not sure if it was production or delivery)
Needless to say, I'm very shocked that I have to wait 1 year (if it even comes by then), for a SUBARU! WTF
Did you ever get paperwork that shows the order has been placed in Subaru's system with an allocation?

I'm guessing your dealer thought they would get allocation, and just sold you the order without placing it with Subaru.

I placed an order with allocation in April, and just received the VIN number..
'19 Corvette Z06 Z07 (Track Build Thread)
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:13 AM   #42
SlowTime

Drives: 2009 MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up4speed View Post
Your order may have been cancelled and the dealer never told you. I place my order in late December of '21. The cut off was December 12 or 13 for new orders. My dealer told me in April that all the orders they had from January had been cancelled by Subaru. My car came in early May and they were surprised to see it. I was also, I had called Subaru with my VON two weeks before and they told me no VIN or update. It would have already been built by then.
SlowTime is offline   Reply With Quote