follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-04-2023, 04:16 PM   #15
DigitalFootprint

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Seems that time spent taking and posting videos is more valuable than actually working on the problem.
I知 sorry? Not every one can expend hours digging into a car on a whim. I知 loaded with work. My free time does not allow for me to work on it. Excuse me for at least inquiring on a forum about my vehicle. As I have stated, I have an appointment soon, I知 here to only get information and opinions. Making such videos only takes a minute or two and the information given by other forum members has been pretty valuable and informative. I don稚 know why you would even post that.
DigitalFootprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:22 PM   #16
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,521 Times in 18,922 Posts
Mentioned: 1107 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFootprint View Post
I知 sorry? Not every one can expend hours digging into a car on a whim. I知 loaded with work. My free time does not allow for me to work on it. Excuse me for at least inquiring on a forum about my vehicle. As I have stated, I have an appointment soon, I知 here to only get information and opinions. Making such videos only takes a minute or two and the information given by other forum members has been pretty valuable and informative. I don稚 know why you would even post that.
I post this because you've been at this for months. It takes fifteen minutes to jack up the car and actually look. Half hour tops.

It's not just you. I call it like I see it. If you have time to read and reply to all these posts, you have time to roll underneath the car and look for yourself. Excuses are like, well, you know.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:41 PM   #17
DigitalFootprint

Quote:
I post this because you've been at this for months. It takes fifteen minutes to jack up the car and actually look. Half hour tops.

It's not just you. I call it like I see it. If you have time to read and reply to all these posts, you have time to roll underneath the car and look for yourself. Excuses are like, well, you know.

I’ve made two posts. Two. If you have a problem with that, then just ignore the thread. You’ve added nothing. I’m obviously new, I’m here for information not a lecture. It may take you “15 minutes” to jack up a car. You do not know my schedule or financial situation. I haven’t been at this for “months.” I made one post about my transmission. My transmission is still fine, for now. As for the “if I have time to reply then I have time to work on my car” (1) I’m reply via my phone. You have no idea what I’m doing outside of that. So no, even if I’m replying doesn’t mean I have the time to work on my car. (2) It’s stupid to compare the time required to post something to working on a vehicle.
My vehicle is of no concern to you as to when it gets done. So if I decide to wait that’s my decision. I was simply asking for information not a lecture.
You had an opportunity to fulfil what I assume is this forums goal to help with issues and you failed that here, and to the comment about how it "seems that time spent taking and posting videos is more valuable than actually working on the problem." am I not working on it by learning about what it could be from knowledgeable individuals?

This is supposed to be a car community/forum. “I call it like I see it” man, that’s just something rude people say.

Last edited by DigitalFootprint; 05-04-2023 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:52 PM   #18
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

It's threads. You started two threads. Now you're spending time arguing with me when you could be setting up the jack stands.

Oh, hey. I just remembered another thing that leaves behind a lot of soot, exhaust manifold leaks.
Old 05-04-2023, 09:05 PM   #19
DigitalFootprint

Quote:
It's threads. You started two threads. Now you're spending time arguing with me when you could be setting up the jack stands.
No dude, you’re just an ass. Who gives a shit if I make a thread? That’s what the forum is for. Two “threads” in three months has your panties in a twist.
You’re assuming that I can even work on my vehicle right now. I replied to your first reply where you asked me about the exhaust etc, and i added more information and what do you do about it? You say that shit. I got home at 12am last night and made those videos before calling it a day. Do you really think I’m gonna work on my car, in the dark, not knowing what the hell im looking for at 12am? So why does me making a thread, asking fair questions, and replying to people who are trying to help me bother you? While I made a “thread” in Feb about my TOB simply just asking a god damn question, this post was about the soot/possible oil. I only added the TOB to the post because I got a clear audio recording of the event in question. I’m here for information, not to argue with you but you involved yourself in a thread. In the future, when I post, feel free to ignore them.

I appreciate you trying to help by mentioning the manifold leaks. I do. I’m sorry if any of it came off wrong, but I’m going to be asking questions and that’s fair. I’ll get to my car when I can and in the meantime, I’m going to learn what I can about it.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:01 PM   #20
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Now let's not get hung up on panties. You wanted it to be about the TOB back then and months later, you still don't know. Meanwhile, you kept driving it. If it was your TOB, it would have left you stranded a month ago.

If you had gotten underneath it back then, it's possible that you might have caught a crack in the exhaust manifold before it may have burned the seal on your timing cover which could have caused the oil leak. We'll never know.

Shouldn't you be studying for finals?
Old 05-04-2023, 10:15 PM   #21
DigitalFootprint

Quote:
Now let's not get hung up on panties. You wanted it to be about the TOB back then and months later, you still don't know. Meanwhile, you kept driving it. If it was your TOB, it would have left you stranded a month ago.

If you had gotten underneath it back then, it's possible that you might have caught a crack in the exhaust manifold before it may have burned the seal on your timing cover which could have caused the oil leak. We'll never know.

Shouldn't you be studying for finals?
There you go, actually providing something of value. I didn't want it to be about the TOB asking a question is not "wanting" it to be the TOB. I honestly have no idea why you care so much about that post. You're so hung up on what I'm doing it's baffling. Answer or don't answer the question, no need to be critical when it's not your property. I haven't had the time to drop my god damn transmission. If I did, I would've done that. I seriously don't understand what's hard about that to understand. Stop worrying about what I have and haven't done. If I hadn't made that previous post you wouldn't be complaining. This is a forum thread for issues and you're acting like I have spammed the forums.

This is going nowhere. I appreciate all who have provided information, even you maroon. I'm still open to conversation pertaining to the related issue, but I'm done with this particular discussion.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:20 PM   #22
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

so many panties
Old 05-05-2023, 12:06 PM   #23
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
when things go sideways on the holder-of-the-mcmaster, things really go sideways...

"jus remember folks! sittin' on yer ass won't finish yer project!"
NoHaveMSG (05-05-2023), Ultramaroon (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 12:24 PM   #24
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quote:
so many panties
mmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (05-05-2023), Ultramaroon (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 12:53 PM   #25
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFootprint View Post
This is going nowhere. I appreciate all who have provided information, even you maroon. I'm still open to conversation pertaining to the related issue, but I'm done with this particular discussion.
Ok, one last review for clarity.

1. In February, you started a thread about the sound you heard. Yes, you wanted it to be the TOB.

2. I mentioned the possibility of an exhaust leak and recommended getting underneath to check.

3. If it indeed had turned out to be an exhaust leak, there would be no reason to "drop the goddamn transmission." Mystery would've been solved right then in fifteen minutes.

I don't give two shits about your car and what you do. Your post history is a perfect example of someone who prefers writing about their issue rather than actually doing something about it. You blew off my recommendation back then and it's quite possible that your inaction bit you in the ass. For your sake, let's hope I'm wrong.

Once again, put down the cell phone and pick up a wrench. Anything else is bullshit.
Old 05-05-2023, 12:59 PM   #26
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
He may not own a wrench. Yet.

Hey, we all gotta start somewhere. I remember my first wrench.

Edit: And if you don't wanna wrench, then just take it to a reputable shop and throw money at the problem until its fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (05-05-2023), Ohio Enthusiast (05-05-2023), Ultramaroon (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 01:34 PM   #27
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,325 Times in 7,383 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Well this went off the rails lol. Didn't see the other thread.
soundman98 (05-05-2023), Ultramaroon (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 02:11 PM   #28
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
He may not own a wrench. Yet.

Hey, we all gotta start somewhere. I remember my first wrench.

Edit: And if you don't wanna wrench, then just take it to a reputable shop and throw money at the problem until its fixed.
Ah, but then OP shouldn't have implied that he has a wrench. Garbage in - garbage out. I kind of suspected that but I still take him at his word no matter how defensive.

Tags
2013 fr-s, rattling, soot