follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 09-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #701
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
You better believed it was shipped! Well I cannot gaurantee it has shipped yet *Canada post* but it is in their system! lol

Hope it works for you as a temporary fix. To get your shark fin to work you would have to create quite the custom gasket up front. Cut back some rubber trim and work from that I guess
Old 09-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #702
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
You better believed it was shipped! Well I cannot gaurantee it has shipped yet *Canada post* but it is in their system! lol

Hope it works for you as a temporary fix. To get your shark fin to work you would have to create quite the custom gasket up front. Cut back some rubber trim and work from that I guess
I actually fabricated a gasket for the front of the sharkfin, it hangs over by about 1.5 inches, so the gasket is approximately 3/8" thick on the front and then I have a small piece of neoprene surrounding the gasket.

I test fit it with my temporary make shift gasket and it looks really good. But I'm going to tweak it a bit more and post pics when I'm satisfied.

In the meanwhile, it's Perrin Shorty FTW!!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #703
SaskFr-s

Drives: 2013 TRD Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you guys have LED Drls? I was looking on HID powerhouse and they seem so cheap (price wise) just wondering if you guys know anything about them or the Nokya bulbs. The halogens are so ugly.

Also how did you red out your tails? I didn't know if it would look better or worse on a black fr-s, especially since I was thinking of rally armour flaps, theres red ones,

http://www.rallyarmor.com/product_in...fc7c588329022c

or else i'd go black if those would over do it, but i feel like red tails and red flaps is overkill
SaskFr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #704
R2

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskFr-s View Post
I plan on winter driving so I'll probably go back to stock so it doesn't change the ride height.
Speaking of winter driving do you guys know what dimensions a 16" tire can be to fit the fr-s? I used to have an rsx and I'm going to check the dimensions of its winter tires to see if I can use them with steels.
I'm running 16's for winter tire use with no fitment issues. Went with a 205/55R16 tire and they are essentially stock size (circumferance). Keep in mind that the base model GT-86 in some markets comes with 16" rims. If I did it again I would likely get 60 or 65 profile winter tires just for the extra clearance and ride smoothness. Of course the tradeoff would be steering response amongst other small handling changes. That being said, I never had an issue with road clearance all winter, even during storms so it might be a moot point.
R2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R2 For This Useful Post:
SkAsphalt (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #705
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Garage
Quote:
Do you guys have LED Drls? I was looking on HID powerhouse and they seem so cheap (price wise) just wondering if you guys know anything about them or the Nokya bulbs. The halogens are so ugly.

Also how did you red out your tails? I didn't know if it would look better or worse on a black fr-s, especially since I was thinking of rally armour flaps, theres red ones,

http://www.rallyarmor.com/product_in...fc7c588329022c

or else i'd go black if those would over do it, but i feel like red tails and red flaps is overkill

If you are looking for LED DRL's just for looks, buy them off ebay - save some coin. They will never be bright enough to use to actually light the road, but they will look good (this goes for all LED bulbs expect for those 300 a pair ones, but then you might as well get good HID retrofits)

Red tails ALWAYS looks good on our cars. Here are your options
1. Do it yourself (check the DIY, there is a good one there) - Cheap
2. Taking them out and getting a body shop to do it - Higher quality and more expensive

Rally Armour mudflaps are good, does your car come with the stock mudflaps already? mine did. I would make it so you can take them off in summer. While they look good on STIs and Evos, they do not really look great on our cars. I think they are a fad carried over from all of the subaru guys. Unless you actually rally/gravel drive your car on the regular come spring and summer.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #706
SaskFr-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
If you are looking for LED DRL's just for looks, buy them off ebay - save some coin. They will never be bright enough to use to actually light the road, but they will look good (this goes for all LED bulbs expect for those 300 a pair ones, but then you might as well get good HID retrofits)

Red tails ALWAYS looks good on our cars. Here are your options
1. Do it yourself (check the DIY, there is a good one there) - Cheap
2. Taking them out and getting a body shop to do it - Higher quality and more expensive

Rally Armour mudflaps are good, does your car come with the stock mudflaps already? mine did. I would make it so you can take them off in summer. While they look good on STIs and Evos, they do not really look great on our cars. I think they are a fad carried over from all of the subaru guys. Unless you actually rally/gravel drive your car on the regular come spring and summer.
Yeah with the flaps I just figured for $130 where I could take them on and off it wouldn't be a bad decision to try them. I do have the stock hard plastic guards. If i didn't choose to get my tails professionally done what would the price difference look like?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #707
SaskFr-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2 View Post
I'm running 16's for winter tire use with no fitment issues. Went with a 205/55R16 tire and they are essentially stock size (circumferance). Keep in mind that the base model GT-86 in some markets comes with 16" rims. If I did it again I would likely get 60 or 65 profile winter tires just for the extra clearance and ride smoothness. Of course the tradeoff would be steering response amongst other small handling changes. That being said, I never had an issue with road clearance all winter, even during storms so it might be a moot point.
Yeah I have 205/55/16r from my old car so I figured if I can find cheap steelies i'd use them for my first winter.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #708
SaskFr-s

Spotted a white FR-S like 10 mins ago (9pm) crossing North Broad by the Highland curling club. I know there was a used white fr-s for sale right by there by suzuki or maybe even sold there.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #709
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Garage
Quote:
Spotted a white FR-S like 10 mins ago (9pm) crossing North Broad by the Highland curling club. I know there was a used white fr-s for sale right by there by suzuki or maybe even sold there.
there are 2-3 white FRS in Regina. One is a newer model that has the spoiler and TRD exhaust (maybe even the intake)

it cost me 40 bucks or less to do my own tails. it would be like 100-150 to get them painted professionally i suppose
Old 09-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #710
frs baby

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
im happy with stock tails id prefer to keep this car stock as is
frs baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #711
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frs baby View Post
im happy with stock tails id prefer to keep this car stock as is
I wish I felt the same, I'd have a lot of extra cash on hand...
SkAsphalt (09-26-2013)
Old 09-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #712
SaskFr-s

I'm happy I got the TRD exhaust, so many shitty sounding systems out there, I love my spoiler but I wish it was carbon. Anyone else have any TRD add-ons? I don't have the intake
Old 09-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #713
frs baby

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
add ons for me greddy evo 3 exhaust tinted windows greddy lowering springs greddy cold air intake meng hid lights nd leds
frs baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #714
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Garage
Reading comprehension.....

I do not have any TRD add-ons; I have many mods, but nothing directly from Toyota's peeps.

Edited my post to make up for grammatical shortcomings.