follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 11-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #29
brzbrad
[||•]=(86)=[•||]

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I've had only two bad experiences with this car since I've owned it, but both were pretty terrible.

The first one happened at my high school. I know what you're thinking, "this 17 year old has a BRZ, he must be a spoiled prick!" I don't blame you and the rest of my school for thinking that, but the truth is, my parents paid exactly $0 towards the price of the car. I started a car fund when I was 4 years old, and put all of my Christmas, birthday, and most of my allowance money in the bank for this reason since then. I've also worked for two years and done some investment work to get the rest of the money to pay it off. As you can see, I really wanted a good first car. The reason I say this is because most people see me driving it and instantly think that it was just given to me, not knowing that I worked most of my life for it. This preconceived notion is why I'm guessing the first incident happened.

About a week after I got the car, I parked it at my school and went to class. When I went back to it at lunch, I saw that some people had painted penises and cuss words on it with car paint. Immature? yes, but I didn't really care about that, it would just wash off. But, when I got closer to the car, I noticed something fishy, (pun intended). There was a funky smell around my car. I looked at the front of it, and saw a large carp with flies and maggots laying on my car. Not only that, but they had gutted the fish, and smeared the insides all over my windshield. They then set it on what I think is the intake for the A/C (correct me if I'm wrong) and let it dry there for a while. It was a pretty hot day, so the remainder of the guts dripped inside the A/C unit, and dried on the filter. I turned the car on, and the smell coming from the vents almost made me

The second thing that has happened to my car was while it was parked at my house. We live in a pretty nice, secluded area, and my parent's cars take up the garage, so I don't feel too bad about parking my car on the street. One night, some stupid kids decided it would be funny to egg it. When I saw it the next morning, I got pretty pissed, because of the damage egg can do to car paint, but I began to wash it off right away, and figured that it didn't hurt the paint too much. But, upon closer inspection when I began washing it, I noticed that there were about 7 or 8 spots where the paint had chipped off down to the exposed metal. Now I was really mad. I took it to the dealer who said that I would have to get the whole hood resprayed and the fenders blended, and gave me a quote of $1,600 And since my car is in WRB, it would be about 5 weeks until they could get the paint in, because it was on backorder. After talking to insurance people for about 5 hours, we worked the number down to a $100 deductible, which was pretty good from where we started, but all this because some idiots thought it was a good idea to throw eggs at a nice looking car.

I see now why so many people hate teenagers.
Attached Images

brzbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:13 AM   #30
Fastbrew

Drives: 2014 Pearl White BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Dude! That sucks. Props on saving up the cash though. Sorry your baby got fished.
Fastbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #31
DanDubyah

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Bummer stories about your BRZ, brzbrad. I'm damned glad I can park mine in a garage every night (even in a decent/secluded neighborhood). A shame that SOME teens can give ALL teens a bad name, even though it isn't true, of course. We saw a lot of 'discrimination' (so to speak) watching our son grow up and getting stereotyped by adults (especially police officers), and although he was 'adventuresome', he still got way more crap treatment in situations because he was a teenager. You've already gotten more than your share of 'bad teen behavior', however. Also give props to you for saving up the $$. That took some willpower!
DanDubyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DanDubyah For This Useful Post:
AZOOZ_95 (11-17-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #32
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I just gagged
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #33
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
That's awesome @brzbrad to save up for something you really want, but a new car is a really lousy investment to make when you're so young. You could have bankrolled most of a bachelor's degree and got out without student loans.. but perhaps that isn't the direction you're going.

I sure know I didn't have the willpower to save for either car or education when I was younger, so big ups for that again
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #34
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Who the hell runs around with a carp in their pocket in the first place????????????????
"Just what am I gonna do with this spare fish"?
"OHHHH that is a nice car..."
cdrazic93 (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #35
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
yeah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
Sounds like it might be the people that are the problem, not so much because of your car. Sorry to hear, hope they don't try and eff with your shit.... hate that...
You don't mess with a man's vehicles...

Jaden
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #36
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
...don't you think?
It's like rain on your wedding day...or a free ride when you've already paid...

Jaden
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #37
Scenic Driver

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ, 02 Audi TTQ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Who the hell runs around with a carp in their pocket in the first place????????????????
"Just what am I gonna do with this spare fish"?
"OHHHH that is a nice car..."
Using fish to stink up a cars a/c system isn't that uncommon a prank. There are more convenient ways to do it than carrying around a carp though.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #38
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenic Driver View Post
Using fish to stink up a cars a/c system isn't that uncommon a prank. There are more convenient ways to do it than carrying around a carp though.
Ya I know!
Sardines I can see but damn that is a big carp to haul to high school!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #39
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzbrad View Post
I
But, when I got closer to the car, I noticed something fishy, (pun intended). There was a funky smell around my car. I looked at the front of it, and saw a large carp with flies and maggots laying on my car. Not only that, but they had gutted the fish, and smeared the insides all over my windshield.
Someone had done similar to this to another student when I was in school forever ago. But, instead he chopped up the fish and threw it in the open sunroof on a upper-classmens 80's 944 turbo. The student who did it was bragging that day and eventually the car's owner had heard. At lunch he left to look at his car. Apparently he went home, came back and then walked back into the school with a aluminum baseball bat. From what my buddies told me he barged into the kids science class and cracked open that students head. Infront of the entire class and teacher... pool of blood on the floor. I remember hearing that he was charged and never heard of him again.

I'm willing to bet the guy learned his lesson about messing with others cars. I wouldn't reccomend it though...
Old 11-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #40
brzbrad
[||•]=(86)=[•||]

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiske View Post
Someone had done similar to this to another student when I was in school forever ago. But, instead he chopped up the fish and threw it in the open sunroof on a upper-classmens 80's 944 turbo. The student who did it was bragging that day and eventually the car's owner had heard. At lunch he left to look at his car. Apparently he went home, came back and then walked back into the school with a aluminum baseball bat. From what my buddies told me he barged into the kids science class and cracked open that students head. Infront of the entire class and teacher... pool of blood on the floor. I remember hearing that he was charged and never heard of him again.

I'm willing to bet the guy learned his lesson about messing with others cars. I wouldn't reccomend it though...
Oh wow, I don't think I would go that far... but some of the other car guys at my school said if I ever found out who did it, they would help me fill up some body bags if I wanted them to
Old 11-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #41
BRZBot

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Did you report it? I would have told school administration and had a police report for vandalism before lunch time
BRZBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #42
brzbrad
[||•]=(86)=[•||]

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZBot View Post
Did you report it? I would have told school administration and had a police report for vandalism before lunch time
I reported it to the school police officer, but nothing was ever found about who did it. We have cameras in our parking lots, but it turns out they are just dummy cameras... You'd think someone would have noticed people walking around with a dead carp, but no one said anything.

And with the egging, I did file a police report because when I looked up the penalties, it counted as felony vandalism (Over $1000 in damages) and could be punishable up to 5 years in jail. I really just wanted the money to pay for it, but nothing ever came of the investigation.