follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
deca

Drives: Halo 860
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OFT v4 OTS questions

Apologies in advance if I'm just overlooking something, but I've been struggling to find any information on this.

Are there no longer distinct tunes available for 91 and 93 octane fuel as of v4? I saw a post saying tunes would work for both and perform better on 93, I was just unclear on whether there was a more optimized 93 tune floating around since I thought I saw people mentioning distinct 91 and 93 v4 tunes elsewhere. I also saw talk of launch control and flat foot shift modes but didn't see this reflected in the files I downloaded. I don't actually want either of these features currently, I just want to make sure they aren't enabled by default or something.

There's also a weird issue I've had with my tablet. I'm in the US and own a 2017 860 edition MT, and I'm using a v2 tablet that has been updated via OFM. When I paired my tablet to my car, the calibration code I was given was K00G, corresponding to the EU model I believe. When I tried to add tunes to the tablet I was given a "The selected file is not compliant" error. I ended up speaking with OFT support and they very quickly sorted it out and directed me to the K00C files, which I was able to load onto the tablet. I'm still confused about why this happened, my tablet is displaying the correct VIN, but still displays the EU K00G calibration code.

I haven't yet flashed anything to the car, but this weekend I'll be installing a catless header and just want to make sure I understand everything before I need to get the tune going.
deca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
It's normal, all the V4 tunes are based on the Euro versions.
They use the old logic which is alot easier to tune with (we didn't get the extra 5hp).
As an added bonus, you get flexfuel, LC and FFS for all the 2012-2016 US models as well.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
pancake

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elBarto View Post
It's normal, all the V4 tunes are based on the Euro versions.
They use the old logic which is alot easier to tune with (we didn't get the extra 5hp).
As an added bonus, you get flexfuel, LC and FFS for all the 2012-2016 US models as well.
Just to make sure OP doesn't misunderstand, you do not get flexfuel. You get a tune which can allow you to run a full tank of e85, but definitely do not try mixing without a flexfuel kit and flexfuel tune.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #4
deca

I'm still a little unclear on the LC and FFS functionality, the pack I downloaded only contained stage 1, stage 2, stage 2+ and the e85 tune.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:08 PM   #5
pancake

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deca View Post
I'm still a little unclear on the LC and FFS functionality, the pack I downloaded only contained stage 1, stage 2, stage 2+ and the e85 tune.
There are guides on this forum about editing Launch Control and FFS. By default, FFS is Disabled, and LC is Enabled.

The default setting for Launch Control is that it will activate under 6MPH, and it is set for ~5500rpm.

I edited my Stage 1 tune to set it to ~4000rpm which is much more manageable. This can be done using RomRaider. There are several guides on this topic in this forum and on youtube.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Just to make sure OP doesn't misunderstand, you do not get flexfuel. You get a tune which can allow you to run a full tank of e85, but definitely do not try mixing without a flexfuel kit and flexfuel tune.
True, flexfuel is a separated tune, not included in the normal tune downloads.
But the flexfuel code is based upon the A01G Euro rom, that's what I wanted to say.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #7
deca

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
There are guides on this forum about editing Launch Control and FFS. By default, FFS is Disabled, and LC is Enabled.

The default setting for Launch Control is that it will activate under 6MPH, and it is set for ~5500rpm.

I edited my Stage 1 tune to set it to ~4000rpm which is much more manageable. This can be done using RomRaider. There are several guides on this topic in this forum and on youtube.
Ahh ok. Yesterday I bolted up my header and applied stage 2+, I noticed the LC at the end of the file name this time. Also noticed that the Stage 1 tune seemed to have FFS and LC both according to the file name, it just seems weird to me that there aren't variants for having each feature enabled or disabled in the OTS files.

After trying it out I do think I'll look into lowering the LC rpm, 5500 is a fun launch but I feel 4500 would be a lot quicker off the line haha