follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #1751
SIM10

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB86'd View Post
I think you should wait a bit, you may see that code pop up on the stock tune eventually, sometimes they'll take lots of miles to pop up or after pushing the car hard.
Yeah, I've got a road trip soon for work. It will give me a chance to log some miles under high speed conditions. I just hope she doesn't go into limp mode hundreds of miles from home.
Current Mods: Perrin Performance 2.5" Stainless Cat back Exhaust, STI Red Start button, STI Gurney Flap, F1 Fourth Brake light Kit, APR CF Splitter, Side Skirts, Rear Diffuser, Hotchkis Strut tower Brace, TWM Performance Short Throw Shifter & M1 Abrahams Stainless knob, PowerHouse Racing intake, Shrader Performance Rear Seat Delete, Helix Smoked side markers, Diode Dynamics LED Fogs, Interior, Tail as Turn & DRL Always On
SIM10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #1752
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
How long does it take the ECU to learn a new tune? Also when I plug in (or unplug) my OFT when the car is running I occasionally get an ABS and TC light. Suggestions??
Old 06-28-2015, 05:11 PM   #1753
JB86'd

Drives: JAWS
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
How long does it take the ECU to learn a new tune? Also when I plug in (or unplug) my OFT when the car is running I occasionally get an ABS and TC light. Suggestions??
To fully learn fuel trims..at least 50 miles from my experience. Easy driving helps it learn quickest.
Plug in your OFT before turning the key at all..problem solved.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #1754
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
anyone had their IAM (Adv Multipler) flashing on their OFT? i haven't plugged my OFT in for a while and decided to plug it in to have a look. my IAM is now flashing at 1 constantly. Anyone know how I should fix this? should I run software updates?

thanks
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:48 PM   #1755
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardi330 View Post
anyone had their IAM (Adv Multipler) flashing on their OFT? i haven't plugged my OFT in for a while and decided to plug it in to have a look. my IAM is now flashing at 1 constantly. Anyone know how I should fix this? should I run software updates?

thanks

Their was some updates to functionallity

make sure you load latesest OFM 1.20 i think and latest template file. and let oft update.

Their are also tuning alerts make sure their are none set.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #1756
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Their was some updates to functionallity

make sure you load latesest OFM 1.20 i think and latest template file. and let oft update.

Their are also tuning alerts make sure their are none set.
Thanks Steve.

i have updated OFM (its now v1.21), template and let OFT update.

lets see if this fixes it.

the logging was fine otherwise. only IAM was flashing.
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:37 PM   #1757
MAX

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
So I got my OFT today and flashed a stage 1 tune... Car feels WAY better. I'm super happy, and kicking myself for not odering one sooner...

BUT... I previously has a buddy that worked at Toyota disable my seat belt chime via techstream... however the OFT reflash seems to have re-enabled the beeping that drives me nuts... can I diable the chime with romraider??? or is it seperate? and if it's seperate... why did the flash affect it???
MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:27 PM   #1758
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX View Post
So I got my OFT today and flashed a stage 1 tune... Car feels WAY better. I'm super happy, and kicking myself for not odering one sooner...

BUT... I previously has a buddy that worked at Toyota disable my seat belt chime via techstream... however the OFT reflash seems to have re-enabled the beeping that drives me nuts... can I diable the chime with romraider??? or is it seperate? and if it's seperate... why did the flash affect it???
OFT flashes Engine Control module ECU only and stuff like seat belts chime is likely in BCM body control module.

When ECU is reflashed other control units may be reset, its unusual that that chime has been reset, however you will need to use techstream to disable it again.

or get one of these and do it yourself
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/techstream
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:42 PM   #1759
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:

or just unplug the seat belt chime wire from the seat. I sit in my car with the key on and door open all the time, and the beeping was driving me crazy. No jumpers or resistors necessary, just unplug it and it thinks the belt is always in use.
MAX (07-03-2015)
Old 07-03-2015, 11:43 PM   #1760
MAX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
or just unplug the seat belt chime wire from the seat. I sit in my car with the key on and door open all the time, and the beeping was driving me crazy. No jumpers or resistors necessary, just unplug it and it thinks the belt is always in use.
This... sound like an excelent soultion... since I don't want to use a techstream cable EVERY TIME i flash it... do you by chance have a pic of said cable? or a discription of where to find the connector?
Old 07-04-2015, 12:02 AM   #1761
Target70

Quote:
This... sound like an excelent soultion... since I don't want to use a techstream cable EVERY TIME i flash it... do you by chance have a pic of said cable? or a discription of where to find the connector?
let me go get a picture, it is in the front of the seat behind a cloth/fabric cover.

the fabric cover only has a small plastic clip that goes around a metal bar under the seat (circled in red), just adjust the seat as high as it goes, and reach under the seat behind the flap and pull down on the open side of the clip to spread it far enough to pull it off the metal bar (doesn't need much pressure). Then unclip the small white connector, and tuck it up out of the way (yellow circles).

Disclaimer: if you need the chime to remind you to your belt, you might not want to do this. I take no responsibility for you getting thrown out of your car because you forgot to buckle up.

Last edited by Target70; 07-04-2015 at 12:22 AM.
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Target70 For This Useful Post:
Andrew025 (07-04-2015), D_Thissen (07-04-2015), MAX (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #1762
MAX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
let me go get a picture, it is in the front of the seat behind a cloth/fabric cover.

the fabric cover only has a small plastic clip that goes around a metal bar under the seat (circled in red), just adjust the seat as high as it goes, and reach under the seat behind the flap and pull down on the open side of the clip to spread it far enough to pull it off the metal bar (doesn't need much pressure). Then unclip the small white connector, and tuck it up out of the way (yellow circles).

Disclaimer: if you need the chime to remind you to your belt, you might not want to do this. I take no responsibility for you getting thrown out of your car because you forgot to buckle up.
That's awesome. thanks... An no I won't forget my seatbelt, I wear it all the time by habit... but I always start my car as soon as i get in... then put my seatbelt on after im settled and ready to go... but those initial beeps when i haven't moved an inch or plan to yet bother the hell out of me...
Old 07-04-2015, 12:33 AM   #1763
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
This won't affect the airbags will it?
Old 07-04-2015, 12:36 AM   #1764
Target70

Quote:
That's awesome. thanks... An no I won't forget my seatbelt, I wear it all the time by habit... but I always start my car as soon as i get in... then put my seatbelt on after im settled and ready to go... but those initial beeps when i haven't moved an inch or plan to yet bother the hell out of me...
no prob, and the disclaimer isn't aimed at you or anyone in particular, it's just a CYA world now-a-days. I do exactly the same thing, I like to start the car up and let it run for a few seconds before I drive off, and I find it a good time to buckle up and get situated. Plus if I am not buckled in I don't really feel "secure" I blame it on my old 240sx with a worn out seat and no real bolsters to hold me in place, so my seat belt was the only thing keeping me from sliding across the seat on hard corners, now it's routine. I was planning on using a jumper or something once I read that you had to pay the dealership to use the techstream to mod it, but once I unhooked it I found I didn't need to do anything else. Too bad I still have to double tap the button to unlock both doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
This won't affect the airbags will it?
shouldn't. As you are driving the car the drivers airbag should always be active. I think the seat sensor is the yellow plug in the picture.
D_Thissen (07-04-2015), MAX (07-04-2015)

Tags
#lolwut, divinecomedy, dopeandcashcabinet, free shiv now, goddamitimissedit, golden cage, i missed the show, looks good, missed the fun, omgbbq, shiv 2016, thefatandthefurriest