follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 09-14-2018, 03:31 AM   #48287
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@Sapphireho -

Better keep your toy in the garage :\
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
Old 09-14-2018, 06:31 AM   #48288
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
so check this out.

the GF works at a pretty large accounting firm and their HR dept sent out an email yesterday.

it had the pic of a note someone left in someone else's mailbox that said, "Do you ever work a full week?". it's a very busy time of the year right now since they have a gov't deadline coming up. HR went on about how this is a place of "Open and Honest Communication(OAHC)" and how bullying like this isn't allowed and that people should talk to others about problems they have or take it up with HR or a partner.

so far the general consensus is that this is hilarious and the person that left the note is a hero.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
Sarlacc (09-14-2018), Ultramaroon (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 08:20 AM   #48289
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Drives: Uphill
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,420 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
so check this out.

the GF works at a pretty large accounting firm and their HR dept sent out an email yesterday.

it had the pic of a note someone left in someone else's mailbox that said, "Do you ever work a full week?". it's a very busy time of the year right now since they have a gov't deadline coming up. HR went on about how this is a place of "Open and Honest Communication(OAHC)" and how bullying like this isn't allowed and that people should talk to others about problems they have or take it up with HR or a partner.

so far the general consensus is that this is hilarious and the person that left the note is a hero.
Reminds me of when my boss sent me to Copenhagen to help a project there which was behind schedule.
I made friends with several Danes, nice people.
One of them was a junior named Jes and I sat opposite him one late Saturday. He was looking haggard. Pale, red eyes, shaking hands.
So I went over and put my hand on his shoulder and said "Jes. Buddy. I think you need to go home and get some sleep. It's only a job you know, it's not slavery."
He looked up at me with a sad expression and said "You're being naïve. When these people offer you a full-time position they mean 24/7."

Good times :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarlacc For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-14-2018), Ultramaroon (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 08:47 AM   #48290
echo419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
Reminds me of when my boss sent me to Copenhagen to help a project there which was behind schedule.
I made friends with several Danes, nice people.
One of them was a junior named Jes and I sat opposite him one late Saturday. He was looking haggard. Pale, red eyes, shaking hands.
So I went over and put my hand on his shoulder and said "Jes. Buddy. I think you need to go home and get some sleep. It's only a job you know, it's not slavery."
He looked up at me with a sad expression and said "You're being naïve. When these people offer you a full-time position they mean 24/7."

Good times :-)
sounds like a commercial for Adderall
Old 09-14-2018, 08:59 AM   #48291
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
That's horrible. I mean, it's possible it's well earned. Its also possible something else is going on. And public anonymous shaming suggests the company culture is worth getting away from.
Dadhawk (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #48292
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,935 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
That's horrible. I mean, it's possible it's well earned. Its also possible something else is going on. And public anonymous shaming suggests the company culture is worth getting away from.
That was my take on it as well, there is nothing funny about that note. It's the beginning of a slippery slope and its appropriate to address it. If someone has a concern about someone's work ethic it should be taken to the boss, not be a public dispute. If the person that left the note worked for me, they wouldn't have a job right now.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #48293
echo419

Quote:
it's well earned. since said person turned in the note to HR they know it's a slacker that "calls in sick" to much. they're just trying to deflect by crying to HR.

shamming? yeah I wouldn't call it that. their HR dept is super PC and all "progressive". I'd post a screen cap but the letter head is all over it. they basically asked the person(since they aren't certain who did it) and anyone else in the future to go through the proper channels.

regardless it's hilarious and if my office wasn't so small I'd be doing that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
That was my take on it as well, there is nothing funny about that note. It's the beginning of a slippery slope and its appropriate to address it. If someone has a concern about someone's work ethic it should be taken to the boss, not be a public dispute. If the person that left the note worked for me, they wouldn't have a job right now.
if you showed up to work and did your job you wouldn't have to worry about that.

besides the person that left the note didn't take it public. that was HR and they've kept the person anonymous to everyone except a few partners.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #48294
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
I didn't read it as there was any public shaming. The note was in a mail box and HR just posted it as an example of what not to do. I do hope they didn't attache the persons name to it though. I would say that the company is attempting to address the issue not support such a culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Same here. This sort of thing can escalate fast and is what can result in violence and a poisoned workplace.

I can totally imagine the reaction from most people here if they came in to work and found such a note addressed to them. See how "hilarious" it was then true or not.
Dadhawk (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 10:16 AM   #48295
echo419

Quote:
I didn't read it as there was any public shaming. The note was in a mail box and HR just posted it as an example of what not to do. I do hope they didn't attache the persons name to it though. I would say that the company is attempting to address the issue not support such a culture.
basically this. that is their intention.

pretty sure if I was at that office people would instantly look at me as the note writer. that's what the GF said to me last night. I told her, "I would have just told the MF'er they need to start showing up to work and I'm tired of picking up their slack.".

Quote:
Same here. This sort of thing can escalate fast and is what can result in violence and a poisoned workplace.

I can totally imagine the reaction from most people here if they came in to work and found such a note addressed to them. See how "hilarious" it was then true or not.
geeze I thought you Canadians were all friendly and stuff.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #48296
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Drives: Uphill
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,420 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
... poisoned workplace ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarlacc For This Useful Post:
Spuds (09-14-2018), Tcoat (09-14-2018), Ultramaroon (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #48297
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
basically this. that is their intention.

pretty sure if I was at that office people would instantly look at me as the note writer. that's what the GF said to me last night. I told her, "I would have just told the MF'er they need to start showing up to work and I'm tired of picking up their slack.".

geeze I thought you Canadians were all friendly and stuff.
Nah we may be marginally calmer than Americans but this shit still goes down.

On a semi related note I noticed a very interesting pattern while traveling this week.
I had to make 3 changes in order to get from London On to Greenville SC.

Going
London to Toronto - Everybody sitting at the gate chatting and waiting to board. When they announce boarding is starting we all stay put and carry on until our zone is called then we got up and strolled onto the plane.
Toronto to New York - A handful of people line up at the zone lines about 10 minutes before boarding but the majority do the same as in London.
New York to Greenville - People are lined up half way across the terminal 45 minutes before boarding there are only about 4 of us sitting chatting while we wait for our zone to be called. Nobody is talking to anybody in line. Not even to people that are obviously with them. A fist fight almost breaks out when one guy try's to cut into line. A woman is screaming at the gate attendant because she boards in zone 3 and she want to be in zone 1. When boarding starts everybody surges forward and overwhelms the attendant by all pushing their boarding passes at him at once.

Returning
Greenville to Altanta - Everybody but me is lined up half an hour before boarding. A little bit more laid back but you can still feel the tension. The only complaint was some old woman that yelled discrimination because a couple serving military were allowed to board before she was and she had a business class seat.
Atlanta to Toronto - About 80% up waiting almost an hour before boarding. The rest were pretty much Canadians. I know this because we all sat and chatted until our zones were called and the lines of people that had been standing there had cleared up.
Toronto to London - Everybody sitting at the gate chatting and waiting to board. When they announce boarding is starting we all stay put and carry on until our zone is called then we got up and strolled onto the plane.

The differences were actually startling. I mean why line up and wait? You have an assigned seat it isn't like it is first come first served and it actually slows down the process considerably.
humfrz (09-14-2018), Spuds (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #48298
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
The differences were actually startling. I mean why line up and wait? You have an assigned seat it isn't like it is first come first served and it actually slows down the process considerably.
It's usually the battle for carry-on space that drives it from my observations. Me, I'd be sitting with you. Sometimes I'm the last person on the plane even when my section was called way earlier.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
MuseChaser (09-14-2018), Spuds (09-14-2018), Ultramaroon (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #48299
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I have a reliable, fairly fast car that handles beautifully, gets great gas mileage, is very comfortable even over long distances, is a blast to drive, and isn't so loud that it damages my hearing or annoys those around me. Any suggestions as to changes I can make to solve these problems?
humfrz (09-14-2018), Sarlacc (09-14-2018), ScoobsMcGee (09-14-2018), Spuds (09-14-2018), Ultramaroon (09-14-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #48300
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
if you showed up to work and did your job you wouldn't have to worry about that.
This may be true, but it's irrelevant. That falls right along with "she's asking for it, look how she dresses".

Quote:
besides the person that left the note didn't take it public. that was HR and they've kept the person anonymous to everyone except a few partners.
Again, irrelevant. The person showing up for work needs to be addressed, but so does the behavior of someone willing to leave this note rather than address it properly. Both are abuses, pure and simple. One can be fixed (attendance), the other may actually be more serious because it points to character.

I'm guessing we disagree and that's OK. At some level I do find it funny (one of those we all wish we could do that sort of thing), but that doesn't mean it's right or appropriate.

Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis