follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 12-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #31039
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@Dimman gets dat ban forverrr lol

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 12-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #31040
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
@ichitaka05 (don't ban me for the mention ) but how many threads can they have??
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLS2K View Post
Dang, you make is seem like Ichitaka-san is some ruthless banning tyrant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
As I can't quote him this is a copy and paste to prove it

source: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...19#post2473819
At least post it here not in group buy question thread lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLS2K View Post
@go_a_way1 I stand corrected, carry on. I'll go back to munching on dis
If I was ruthless, cold blooded mod, they would be banned by now... & so are few hundred other members. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
@Dimman gets dat ban forverrr lol
Oh shit! Momo! What are you doing here in sausage fest thread? lmao
Old 12-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #31041
RobertPaulson
Hisnamewasrobertpaulson

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
closing day is friday, i sign paperwork yesterday. get call today that buyer didn't provide the requested audited profit/loss document. only a profit/loss document. now my closing date is in jeopardy and the buyer could walk away ... without paying me a dime ... fuck.
Ultramaroon (12-09-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #31042
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
A certain scavenger is really defensive about his Taiwanese coilovers.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #31043
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Drives: Uphill
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,420 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
A certain scavenger is really defensive about his Taiwanese coilovers.
Who? what? where?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarlacc For This Useful Post:
jawn (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #31044
jawn

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59

Top 3 threads.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jawn For This Useful Post:
Bobblehead (12-08-2015), Sarlacc (12-08-2015), soulreapersteve (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 06:41 PM   #31045
Bobblehead

Drives: 2013 BRZ (gone) 2016 Ford Fusion SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
I like how the one thread has been bumped from 2013 and he's more or less asking people how to justify buying coilovers that just aren't any good.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #31046
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Garage
I don't get it.
It seems everyone pretty much agrees that the stock suspension is rubbish and needs to be replaced with something purple and expensive.
Even if the car in question is a daily driver and won't see much track time.
Heck, even @Tcoat has got coilovers and shit!

Am I the only one who think the stock suspension is fantastic for public roads and plenty good enough for recreational track days?

In fact... I feel a rant coming on...
- In fact, I don't get why anyone buys a ZN6 if they think it needs "upgrades" such as coilovers, turbo, supercharger, headers, footers, toenails, exhaust, coat hangers, body kits, boob jobs, seats, riveted plastic things, welded diffs, furry dashboards, battery straps, painted tail lights and whatever it is these people are doing to the poor innocent cars.
I really don't get it and I am getting a little annoyed.
Am I supposed to feel ashamed because I like my car the way it was designed and because I stopped fixing things that isn't broken about the same time I discovered girls?

- Just to clarify: I have nothing but the utmost respect for guys like Anthony and his project http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42284
He's building a racecar and he's clearly doing superb work.
It's the daily drivers with car loans who should be thinking more about their warranty and their safety on the road I don't get.

Last edited by Sarlacc; 12-08-2015 at 07:16 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sarlacc For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (12-08-2015), soulreapersteve (12-08-2015), Tcoat (12-08-2015), Ultramaroon (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #31047
Bobblehead

Drives: 2013 BRZ (gone) 2016 Ford Fusion SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
But because racecar.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #31048
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
I don't get it.
It seems everyone pretty much agrees that the stock suspension is rubbish and needs to be replaced with something purple and expensive.

Am I the only one who think the stock suspension is fantastic for public roads and plenty good enough for recreational track days?

- In fact, I don't get why anyone buys a ZN6 if they think it needs "upgrades" such as coilovers, turbo, supercharger, headers, footers, toenails, exhaust, coat hangers, body kits, boob jobs, seats, riveted plastic things, welded diffs, furry dashboards, battery straps, painted tail lights and whatever it is these people are doing to the poor innocent cars.
Am I supposed to feel ashamed because I like my car the way it was designed and because I stopped fixing things that isn't broken about the same time I discovered girls?

- Just to clarify: I have nothing but the utmost respect for guys like Anthony and his project http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42284
It's the daily drivers with car loans who should be thinking more about their warranty and their safety on the road I don't get.
Perhaps I haven't been interested in cars long enough, or haven't much exp in modding cars (think those go hand in hand?) but I love the car the way it is.

Before I bought it, I had a whole gigantic list + build thread planned out. 6 months later, I forgot both items existed. Apart from minor cosmetics and adding sub + amp, the car is still 100 percent stock. Want to get some TRD springs but I scrape at work on stock height. Definitely getting some A/S tires once the stockers wear out.

You would absolutely lose your mind if you don't already know about the "enthusiasts" page on facebook. Everything you described in your post is on there. What's funny is people who can barely afford these cars go balls to the wall with mods but then can't afford the car anymore (monthly loans + insurance + gas + misc.), so in turn, they have to part out or sell it after a few thousand miles - for obviously less money.

With that, I'll say its not my money and people can fuck over their bank account or credit however they see fit. But, as long as they aren't compromising other people's safety by doing extreme camber (where it looks like their car is trying to take a shit) and trying to drift on public streets, it's fine I suppose.
The Twins make me smile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
Sarlacc (12-08-2015), Tcoat (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #31049
Sarlacc
/dev/null

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Perhaps I haven't been interested in cars long enough, or haven't much exp in modding cars (think those go hand in hand?) but I love the car the way it is.

Before I bought it, I had a whole gigantic list + build thread planned out. 6 months later, I forgot both items existed. Apart from minor cosmetics and adding sub + amp, the car is still 100 percent stock. Want to get some TRD springs but I scrape at work on stock height. Definitely getting some A/S tires once the stockers wear out.

You would absolutely lose your mind if you don't already know about the "enthusiasts" page on facebook. Everything you described in your post is on there. What's funny is people who can barely afford these cars go balls to the wall with mods but then can't afford the car anymore (monthly loans + insurance + gas + misc.), so in turn, they have to part out or sell it after a few thousand miles - for obviously less money.

With that, I'll say its not my money and people can fuck over their bank account or credit however they see fit. But, as long as they aren't compromising other people's safety by doing extreme camber (where it looks like their car is trying to take a shit) and trying to drift on public streets, it's fine I suppose.
Yeah, you're right.

I hope I haven't offended anyone I like (such as everyone posting regularly in this thread.)

Of course people can do whatever they like to their cars. It's their cars!

I guess I just overloaded at some of the smugness and righteousness in some of those threads. So it's not really the aftermarket parts, it's the attitudes of some people. Who isn't here. If you read this, I'm not talking about you :-)

Oh, and I would totally lose my mind on facebook. For so many reasons. So I'm not even on there :-)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarlacc For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (12-08-2015), Tcoat (12-08-2015), Ultramaroon (12-09-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #31050
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
I don't get it.

The stock suspension is more than adequate for most drivers.
People instantly jump to "omg I need coilovers" for some odd reason. I don't get it either.
Especially when they can get better performing springs/shock combo for cheaper but it's not coilovers bro.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #31051
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yeah, you're right.

I hope I haven't offended anyone I like (such as everyone posting regularly in this thread.)

Of course people can do whatever they like to their cars. It's their cars!

I guess I just overloaded at some of the smugness and righteousness in some of those threads. So it's not really the aftermarket parts, it's the attitudes of some people. Who isn't here. If you read this, I'm not talking about you :-)
That's what initially made me not want to get into car culture and keep to myself when I first got interested. If you point out that you don't like or disagree with something, you are labeled "a hater".

I only post in the fb group when someone has a common issue and I am able to transfer the knowledge I gained from the forum to there.
The Twins make me smile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
Sarlacc (12-08-2015), Tcoat (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #31052
jawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
The stock suspension is more than adequate for most drivers.
People instantly jump to "omg I need coilovers" for some odd reason. I don't get it either.
Especially when they can get better performing springs/shock combo for cheaper but it's not coilovers bro.
I just don't like when people buy bad products and then get defensive when people don't tell them what they want to hear. If you can't be bothered to spend half an hour on research before making a 4 figure purchase, you should have the constitution to live with the consequences.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jawn For This Useful Post:
Sarlacc (12-08-2015), soulreapersteve (12-08-2015), Tcoat (12-08-2015), Ultramaroon (12-09-2015)
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?