follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 11-24-2019, 10:30 PM   #1
Touge_Monster

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone on Reinhart Coilovers?

There isn't much info out there and the last time I checked, their website was down. I only know of a couple people that have them, currently for GridLife and Gobal Time Attack.

I believe they are kinda like Stance coilovers but re-branded as Reinhart? Is anyone on here using them? if so, any feedback would help.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 05:20 AM   #2
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Website down, nobody using them them, virtually unknown brand in the performance world...

I'd say they're a re-brand at best. You're better off with Tein's lowest offering; at least those are well known, tested, and the company can afford to host its vwebpage
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:24 AM   #3
Touge_Monster

I'm currently looking at a 2 way coilover, for track use only. I've seen what's out there, I'm looking at brands that offer custom spring rates and not off the shelf or what the brand thinks is best for spring rates.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #4
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
@CSG Mike

I think Mike would be your best resource if you're looking to allocate funds and get set up for track only.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 10:44 AM   #5
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
There isn't much info out there and the last time I checked, their website was down. I only know of a couple people that have them, currently for GridLife and Gobal Time Attack.

I believe they are kinda like Stance coilovers but re-branded as Reinhart? Is anyone on here using them? if so, any feedback would help.
Quote:
I'm currently looking at a 2 way coilover, for track use only. I've seen what's out there, I'm looking at brands that offer custom spring rates and not off the shelf or what the brand thinks is best for spring rates.

No offence, but are you actually suggesting you know better than the manufacturer what spring rates to run in the same thread you ask about a coilover that is possibly a rebrand of stance coilovers?
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #6
steverife

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not sure it really takes a ton of knowledge to pick spring rates.
steverife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steverife For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (11-25-2019), strat61caster (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #7
Touge_Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
No offence, but are you actually suggesting you know better than the manufacturer what spring rates to run in the same thread you ask about a coilover that is possibly a rebrand of stance coilovers?
None taken, a few guys I know of, personally are on Reinhart coilovers and are pretty damn fast as well. But those guys are close with Stance/Reinhart, where I will be paying out of pocket. I'm also looking at a more square setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Touge_Monster For This Useful Post:
wparsons (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 03:19 PM   #8
Lincoln Logs

Drives: #337 2017 Toyota 86
Waste of time, get something proven from RCE, MCS or wait for the Xidas.
Lincoln Logs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln Logs For This Useful Post:
wparsons (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #9
Touge_Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Logs View Post
Waste of time, get something proven from RCE, MCS or wait for the Xidas.
If money wasn't an issue or if I was sponsored. I'd get something like, Penske or Tracktive suspension but I'm not doing it professionally. Just as a hobby and a 2way coilovers would be suitable for me.

I was looking at RCE but how are they? do they rebuild in house? Customer service? Don't mention fortune auto, I ran into shitty experience with them.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:29 PM   #10
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,476 Times in 4,997 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Reinharte, Stance, Fortune Auto, Feal, Megan, Godspeed, Raceland, and a hundred other brands, parts all manufactured in Asia to their specs by Bor Chuann known stateside as BC.

imho the shit you read online about these kinds of coilovers is from 10+ years ago, adequate quality on a budget is now possible. I'm not implying that $900 racelands are equivalent to $3k Fortune Autos or even the $1.5k Feals, there's a wife variety of quality levels available, picking a company that can support you and stand behind their product and understand what you want is worth it's weight in gold. The one thing I'd be cautious about your buddies positive experience is a companies success with one chassis does not guarantee success with another, especially when it comes to custom work.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
wparsons (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #11
Lincoln Logs

Quote:
If money wasn't an issue or if I was sponsored. I'd get something like, Penske or Tracktive suspension but I'm not doing it professionally. Just as a hobby and a 2way coilovers would be suitable for me.

I was looking at RCE but how are they? do they rebuild in house? Customer service? Don't mention fortune auto, I ran into shitty experience with them.
Being sponsored these days means just about nothing other than a 10% or maybe 20% discount in most cases. If you can't afford it, save until you can. You'd need to reach out to RCE to answer those questions, I run MCS. I respect RCE because they actually take time to develop things the right way instead of hustling marketing hype like everyone else.

Spending money on quality suspension has nothing to do with being professional, or even competitive. It's about getting the right tools for the job so you can spend less time tinkering and more time improving. A novice can tell the difference between bad and good, suspension is no different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Reinharte, Stance, Fortune Auto, Feal, Megan, Godspeed, Raceland, and a hundred other brands, parts all manufactured in Asia to their specs by Bor Chuann known stateside as BC.

imho the shit you read online about these kinds of coilovers is from 10+ years ago, adequate quality on a budget is now possible. I'm not implying that $900 racelands are equivalent to $3k Fortune Autos or even the $1.5k Feals, there's a wife variety of quality levels available, picking a company that can support you and stand behind their product and understand what you want is worth it's weight in gold. The one thing I'd be cautious about your buddies positive experience is a companies success with one chassis does not guarantee success with another, especially when it comes to custom work.
I don't think I'd still call those quality, they are generic shocks that have adapters to fit the chassis. Valving gets you so far, and some of those companies do a little homework there. Largely they are still going to be garbage compared to a real effort from a company that is making something from scratch. Even the B16 or KW v3 is far superior to any of those. Check out the development thread for the Xidas from 949 Racing and you can get a taste of what it actually takes to make a shock or strut the right way.

Last edited by Lincoln Logs; 11-25-2019 at 05:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincoln Logs For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (11-25-2019), wparsons (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 05:58 PM   #12
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,476 Times in 4,997 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Logs View Post
Even the B16 or KW v3 is far superior to any of those.
Several of those companies follow Bilstein's shock valving guide, I agree the big difference is the companies that just grab parts off the shelf and slap a listing up online and those that test and develop a product.

949's Xida's are an order of magnitude more tested+developed than Bilstein imho and I am not impressed by the KW products I've seen.

Do you plan on attending any National autox events next year? I wouldn't mind saying hi.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 06:01 PM   #13
Clutch Dog

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP , 2005 Saab 97X
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Several of those companies follow Bilstein's shock valving guide, I agree the big difference is the companies that just grab parts off the shelf and slap a listing up online and those that test and develop a product.

949's Xida's are an order of magnitude more tested+developed than Bilstein imho and I am not impressed by the KW products I've seen.

Do you plan on attending any National autox events next year? I wouldn't mind saying hi.
at the rate he is going youd more likely find him rebuilding dirt bikes...

or on his bike at the track XD
Clutch Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clutch Dog For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 06:26 PM   #14
Lincoln Logs

Quote:

Ya, the Xidas are definitely on another level. I have a set in my Miata and don't see myself removing them. As far as Nationals, It is on my 2020 list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
at the rate he is going youd more likely find him rebuilding dirt bikes...

or on his bike at the track XD
Hah! They have proven to be a distraction...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincoln Logs For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (11-25-2019), strat61caster (11-25-2019), wparsons (11-25-2019)