follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #113
FullBlown

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,026 Times in 548 Posts
Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoaferrer View Post
We never found out what modification needed to be made for it to fit with stock shield and headers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, it will not clear the OEM header.
FullBlown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #114
unsurety
aeiou

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone road raced with this oil pan? Or compared oil temps before and after?
For that price anyone could get a c6z and have money for a simple heads cam package and make a bunch more power and have a superior handling car. This seems overpriced to say the least. "Have it your way" is basically offering someone a massive dildo to shove up their ass BUT they have the option of choosing the method in which it is inserted....
unsurety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #115
fareastbrz

Drives: WR Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
any ideas if this would clear an jdl twin scroll manifold?
fareastbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #116
FullBlown

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,026 Times in 548 Posts
Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fareastbrz View Post
any ideas if this would clear an jdl twin scroll manifold?
I am not sure. If anyone wants to try, please contact us. If it doesn't fit, we will take it back and refund 100%
FullBlown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FullBlown For This Useful Post:
fareastbrz (08-22-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #117
white devil
Go Gators!

Drives: FRS White-out "blown up"
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Did I miss the group buy on this?
FA20 Turbo + HRI Tune + FA20 Flex fuel + FA20club intake + SRT headerback exhaust + FA20 headers + KW3's + Hotchkis front and rear sway bars + Cusco strut tower bar + Perrin oil cooler + Perrin pulley & brake stop thingy + GFB water & alternator pulleys + Crawford air/oil separator
white devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #118
FRS Johnny

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
So I'm assuming the drain plug is the same as oem, however I did use a fumoto drain plug in my oem pan. Since the fbm pan is larger, has anyone used the fumoto plug with this pan and does it fit with the undertray on?
Old 04-29-2016, 10:33 PM   #119
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
@FullBlown is the oil level within the pan above the oil return hole? I'm thinking of fitting the pan first with a plug in oil return hole, then later on swap plug with AN fitting. Just need to know if oil is going to gush out from that top hole lol
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:14 AM   #120
Tormenta

Drives: Fr-s
This pan specs are not accurate and its instructions MUST help customers to avoid ov

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullBlown View Post
We are excited to announce that we will be offering an aftermarket oil pan very soon.
The days of drilling and tapping the oem pans are soon to be over. We have sold many pre-tapped pans up to date. Being that this platform is so new, the dealers have a limited supply on hand and we find ourselves occasionally waiting for stock

Also, it didn't make sense to design and produce a pan just for the oil return port. There for, we decided to engineer our oil pan with additional features to make it worth doing.

The design is done and we should have a plastic protoype within a week. From there, we will verify fitment and then head right into production.

Key Features

* 50% more oil capacity vs OEM

* Aluminum casting to ensure high quality consistency

* Heat Sink Fins on the bottom to help remove heat

* 1/2" Return Port for oil return from Turbo/SC

* Bolt in baffle to reduce starvation on hard turns and acceleration

Price $TBA

The only reliable measuring level of oil for this pan is the drain hole.

If you leave it to the OEM dipstick to gauge the level IT WILL OVER FILL. The turbo drain will impeed the oil returning from turbo making it seem that the crank case is over pressurized and therefore the turbo will begin to spit oil.

On top of all this to find safe oil level compliance without proper instructions nor ensuring the true explanation and meaning of this 50% more capacity, is impossible to have a safe engine like that. And it is full blown responsibility 2 makeup for any damages.

Moreover, the OEM dipstick is garbage with the installation of this pan. But the good news about the oil pan is that it cools the oil quicker but bear in mind that you have to ensure that the Turbo oil drain hole is above oil level. So if you try to measure the oil level through the dipstick youll get a very low reading but this is the full mark now. Such as about a half of a centimeter from the tip of the OEM dipstick is now the new full, with drain hole above oil level.

Lastly, you may say that this is crazy, well when you change the oil next time find a tube extender and attach it to the turbo drain hose and blow air through it and if it bubbles, you need to take oil out. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Tormenta; 04-14-2018 at 02:29 AM.
Tormenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #121
beepinheimer

Drives: 2013 - Scion FRS
Can confirm, the oil level (when full with the FBM pan) does not even register on the OEM dipstick. I called MAPerformance to see if they had an alternative solution for monitoring the oil level and they came up with cutting down the factory dipstick tube by like an inch or so.

I haven't tried this yet and I'm not even sure if you can cut it down enough for that to work but figured I would chime in just in case anyone was wondering.
beepinheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #122
MotoX16

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepinheimer View Post
Can confirm, the oil level (when full with the FBM pan) does not even register on the OEM dipstick. I called MAPerformance to see if they had an alternative solution for monitoring the oil level and they came up with cutting down the factory dipstick tube by like an inch or so.

I haven't tried this yet and I'm not even sure if you can cut it down enough for that to work but figured I would chime in just in case anyone was wondering.
How much oil did you put in? I'm coming up on my first oil change with the fbm pan and I'm worried the dipstick isnt a solid measurement.

A little while back I asked full blown how much oil to put in and they replied "Our oil pan holds 50% more than the OEM pan. So that is about 1 quart". If oem capacity is 5.5 qts then it should now be 6.5 qts. I also have fbm's oil cooler, which I'm assuming holds an additional quart, but that oil wont drain during an oil change so I'll disregard it.
MotoX16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #123
blackfireball5

Drives: Scion FRS Firestorm
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

@FullBlown any thoughts on this? My FBM pan is in the mail and just purchased the fitting and hoses for my FBM turbo kit. Want to make sure I'm not going to have any issues with my dipstick, or if I will, want to be prepared with an alternative method of checking oil level.

Use code TWW-BOO5TED when shopping at Wheelwell to receive 10% off your order.
blackfireball5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:28 PM   #124
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:

Are you sure you are not just under filling it now, not accommodating for the extra capacity needing to now fill with more?
I see no reason a larger oil pan would change anything in relation to the dip stick.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
blackfireball5 (05-23-2020), Joveen (05-23-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 10:03 AM   #125
MotoX16

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Quote:

I put 6.5 quarts in and my dipstick reads full
MotoX16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoX16 For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (05-26-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 09:30 AM   #126
ShawnP19

Drives: 2016 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Garage
For the love of everything holy please do not cut your dipstick tube! You're trying to bring oil level up to the dipstick, not lower the dipstick to the oil level! If you don't see it on your dipstick, you don't have enough oil and need to add more. @blackfireball5
ShawnP19 is offline   Reply With Quote