follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2022, 02:51 PM   #113
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
I don't think you'll have to worry about the CE in your calculations, unless you are very lucky.
The sad part is that the average Joe probably doesn't have a hope in hell of getting any model unless they are very, very, very, very, very lucky.
At least the first couple of runs will all go to those with some sort of clout.
And people think getting a GR86 is hard!
funwheeldrive (06-22-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 03:58 PM   #114
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
The sad part is that the average Joe probably doesn't have a hope in hell of getting any model unless they are very, very, very, very, very lucky.
At least the first couple of runs will all go to those with some sort of clout.
And people think getting a GR86 is hard!
It will be a tough time. Not having an automatic trans to worry about and the likely high price should both work together to make it a.. different challenge to get one of these vs. finding an 86.

Funny thing is I'll probably be able to get a GRC before I can get the GR86 I want. It's one of the side effects of working so much with a dealer trying to find an 86 that I'm practically a part-time employee.

Last edited by fredzy; 06-23-2022 at 04:08 PM.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:56 AM   #115
misterfly

Drives: Toyota 86 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I dont find the info but if you know it i will be happy, do it's release this year or next like the circuit.

Thank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyoid View Post
Toyota GR Corolla Goes Wild with MORIZO Edition

http://media.toyota.ca/releases/toyo...morizo-edition

• MORIZO Edition exclusive specs like close gear ratio transmission, shorter differential gears, forged wheels, stiffened chassis, front brake ducts, mono-tube shock absorbers and Ultrasuede ® trimmed seating and cabin features
• Torque climbs to 295 pound-feet for satisfying acceleration at higher RPMS
• Ultra-lightweight, 2-seater design with additional mass reduction for track readiness
• Wider, high performance Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires for maximum control
• Limited to 200 numbered GR Factory precision-built units during launch year
misterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:24 PM   #116
fredzy
Mebmer

My local dealer I've had a deposit with since December informed me today that they would not honor our original agreement (MSRP) and if they get me a car they'll have to charge a markup. 7 months wasted.

Maybe there could be a way to fight that, but I've got no appetite to do that. I'm actually a little relieved that I won't be doing business with them now.

I only mention as a heads-up to others who might be in a similar situation. I think my scenario was a little rare because I made the deal with what turned out to be a markup dealer before they knew how hot the new 86 would get. If I tried to pull the trigger just a few weeks or a month later I don't think they would have agreed to MSRP. I guess kudos to them for not throwing me under the bus sooner?

*edit* also just realized I posted this in the wrong thread

Last edited by fredzy; 06-23-2022 at 04:08 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredzy For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-24-2022), Tcoat (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 12:55 PM   #117
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
My local dealer I've had a deposit with since December informed me today that they would not honor our original agreement (MSRP) and if they get me a car they'll have to charge a markup. 7 months wasted.

Maybe there could be a way to fight that, but I've got no appetite to do that. I'm actually a little relieved that I won't be doing business with them now.

I only mention as a heads-up to others who might be in a similar situation. I think my scenario was a little rare because I made the deal with what turned out to be a markup dealer before they knew how hot the new 86 would get. If I tried to pull the trigger just a few weeks or a month later I don't think they would have agreed to MSRP. I guess kudos to them for not throwing me under the bus sooner?

I'm sorry about that news...what scum.

The sooner the dealer sales model dies, the better. I'm ready for direct ordering and simply having the dealer for service and deliveries.

I've been looking to buy a CX-30 Turbo, but no one is really all that interested in selling to me at MSRP without mark-ups or dealer add-ons (and reducing that to writing).
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
fredzy (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 01:25 PM   #118
Tcoat

Quote:

Now that truly sucks! And agreement should be an agreement even if they had the circumstances change there is no reasonable excuse for that.
If you had a written contract you could certainly fight it but at some point it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Probably wouldn't want to work with that dealer anymore anyway.
CincyJohn (06-23-2022), fredzy (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 03:02 PM   #119
fredzy
Mebmer

Quote:
Now that truly sucks! And agreement should be an agreement even if they had the circumstances change there is no reasonable excuse for that.
If you had a written contract you could certainly fight it but at some point it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Probably wouldn't want to work with that dealer anymore anyway.
I have one of the typical dealer car@price work-up sheets signed but I would guess they have many ways out of that. For sure best to cut my losses yeah
Old 06-23-2022, 08:57 PM   #120
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
With something in writing (and signed), I might just hassle them out of spite. The only thing worse than scalpers are stupid scalpers (and that's all they are). What Toyota dealer could be surprised about demand for the new 86?

At least read the sheet closely. You're probably right, I'm sure there's some fine print that says it's non-binding. If not though, you might actually have a case.
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dake For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 09:22 PM   #121
fredzy
Mebmer

There was something left off the paperwork that I’m pretty sure they could have used as a way of doing whatever they wanted. Totally my fault, embarrassing to admit but just as a reminder for others out there:

*signature modified lol. Note the fine print about not a contract also.

In the heat of the moment I guess. I thought about taking it back to them to sign when I realized much later on.. I have a feeling we would have come to this bridge then anyhow.

Again it didn’t matter, I made up my mind a good while back that I’d like nothing to do with them. So this made that all easier and I’m just thankful it happened before I got an allocation. I was about to get a little raw on the phone and then he said “and we’ll refund your deposit right away” and it was a weight off the shoulders moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredzy For This Useful Post:
Dake (06-23-2022), Tcoat (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 06:55 AM   #122
Tcoat

Quote:
There was something left off the paperwork that I’m pretty sure they could have used as a way of doing whatever they wanted. Totally my fault, embarrassing to admit but just as a reminder for others out there:

*signature modified lol. Note the fine print about not a contract also.

In the heat of the moment I guess. I thought about taking it back to them to sign when I realized much later on.. I have a feeling we would have come to this bridge then anyhow.

Again it didn’t matter, I made up my mind a good while back that I’d like nothing to do with them. So this made that all easier and I’m just thankful it happened before I got an allocation. I was about to get a little raw on the phone and then he said “and we’ll refund your deposit right away” and it was a weight off the shoulders moment.
HMMMM I like how even the document states "Market Value Selling Price" so they can be set mark up right from the start and honestly say "well that is the price".
Pretty sure the order form for my Hakone just said "Vehicle Price". Adding those two words seems minor but changes everything.
fredzy (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 08:05 AM   #123
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Yeah... Even if it had a management approval signature, "Not an offer or contract for sale" pretty much torpedoes it. That thing is basically a waste of paper and toner.
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dake For This Useful Post:
fredzy (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 10:09 AM   #124
fredzy
Mebmer

I recall doing some homework before I put a deposit down to find which documents I should try to get the dealer to sign to lock in a price. My takeaway was there's no standard, formal option you just have to hope you get a good guy dealer?

Anyhow I just re-researched a bit how I came to that conclusion. The first legally binding document that would come into play normally is a buyers order sheet. This is usually worked up very close to sale if not day-of. It basically wouldn't be possible (or wise for buyer) to do more than a few weeks out from sale, aside from locking in a good price on the car itself. It locks in every other variable in the sale too.

Short of drafting up some sort of weird contract yourself (which I would balk at if I was a dealer) I don't think there are any common legally binding options for a buyer until much later. I welcome any specific examples otherwise. And I really wish I posted this in the waitlist thread!!! I'm going to at least link to here in that thread.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:00 PM   #125
Tcoat

Quote:
I recall doing some homework before I put a deposit down to find which documents I should try to get the dealer to sign to lock in a price. My takeaway was there's no standard, formal option you just have to hope you get a good guy dealer?

Anyhow I just re-researched a bit how I came to that conclusion. The first legally binding document that would come into play normally is a buyers order sheet. This is usually worked up very close to sale if not day-of. It basically wouldn't be possible (or wise for buyer) to do more than a few weeks out from sale, aside from locking in a good price on the car itself. It locks in every other variable in the sale too.

Short of drafting up some sort of weird contract yourself (which I would balk at if I was a dealer) I don't think there are any common legally binding options for a buyer until much later. I welcome any specific examples otherwise. And I really wish I posted this in the waitlist thread!!! I'm going to at least link to here in that thread.
When I ordered the Hakone there was a sheet that was indeed a binding contract. Was probably the order sheet you mentioned but I didn't really pay much attention beyond knowing it was binding. The dealer wasn't even sure that they could get one for me at that point but wanted a $1,000 non refundable deposit. We both signed off on an actual contract that said if they got me one I had to take it or forfeit the deposit. In turn they had to lock in the price. I didn't have a trade in since I was selling the FRS privately so that didn't come into the mix at all. It did have a 6 month deadline though where if they could not get me one then I got my deposit back and the agreement was void.

Same thing with Subaru when my wife ordered her Ascent. The agreement was almost identical except that since she had a trade in then the value of it was locked in up to 10,000 more kilometers. Since it took 6 months to get it we ended up taking delivery with less than 100 kilometers left on the deal! The only thing they would not lock in was interest rates but that was really beyond their control.

Now, this all may be a difference in Canadian vs USA law or some dealers just won't do it anyway so may not be applicable to everybody.
bcj (06-25-2022)
Old 06-24-2022, 12:06 PM   #126
Rustyoid

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
When I ordered the Hakone there was a sheet that was indeed a binding contract. Was probably the order sheet you mentioned but I didn't really pay much attention beyond knowing it was binding. The dealer wasn't even sure that they could get one for me at that point but wanted a $1,000 non refundable deposit. We both signed off on an actual contract that said if they got me one I had to take it or forfeit the deposit. In turn they had to lock in the price. I didn't have a trade in since I was selling the FRS privately so that didn't come into the mix at all. It did have a 6 month deadline though where if they could not get me one then I got my deposit back and the agreement was void.

Same thing with Subaru when my wife ordered her Ascent. The agreement was almost identical except that since she had a trade in then the value of it was locked in up to 10,000 more kilometers. Since it took 6 months to get it we ended up taking delivery with less than 100 kilometers left on the deal! The only thing they would not lock in was interest rates but that was really beyond their control.

Now, this all may be a difference in Canadian vs USA law or some dealers just won't do it anyway so may not be applicable to everybody.
My understanding, in Canada, is that the contracts are only legally binding if a VIN/serial number is present. A deposit on a specific VIN number the dealer could choose to make non-refundable, with no VIN the deposit should always be refundable. the same applies to pricing/markup, if no VIN was on the contract, the dealer may change the price.
Rustyoid is offline   Reply With Quote