follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 04-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #939
Exrald

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS & 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwol2ks View Post
That’s good that you got a vin! It’ll be here soon, just the final leg now. What did you get? Which dealer? (Don’t tell me sf haha)

Im so excited for it. It’s been the longest two weeks so far for me lol.

I got the Trueno Blue. I got it from SF too! JK JK. I hope you get yours soon and see you around.
Exrald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:34 PM   #940
TheDonEffect

Drives: A mix
Quote:
I got my allocation at the beginning of April and my car got to port this past Monday. I’m also located in the Bay Area. Still no news of when it’ll arrive to the dealer.

Which dealer?
TheDonEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #941
diddiyo

Drives: C5Z06, Fiesta ST
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi from Germany. I ordered the same day they became available here (03/09), so far the car is still not "in production" unfortunately (according to toyota's website), although at least the first batch of cars destined for Germany (mostly demo-cars and dealer orders) have either started production or should already be on their way over here. my dealer is still telling me all is going according to plan and it should arrive "this summer". I guess we'll see. ordered a MT premium trueno blue.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:42 AM   #942
kosh0r

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
Hi from Germany. I ordered the same day they became available here (03/09), so far the car is still not "in production" unfortunately (according to toyota's website), although at least the first batch of cars destined for Germany (mostly demo-cars and dealer orders) have either started production or should already be on their way over here. my dealer is still telling me all is going according to plan and it should arrive "this summer". I guess we'll see. ordered a MT premium trueno blue.
Same here.
Ordered on 09.03.22 -> "Auftrag ist in Bearbeitung"
kosh0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:08 AM   #943
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Viel gluck. It's tough how few of these will ever come to EU/Britain. But at least those of you quick/lucky enough to order in time will know when your car is coming
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 12:25 AM   #944
jdmwol2ks

Drives: 22' Model
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect View Post
Which dealer?
Walnut Creek. Are you expecting a car in the same area too?
jdmwol2ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 01:58 AM   #945
TheDonEffect

Quote:
Walnut Creek. Are you expecting a car in the same area too?

Yeah I'm on their list too since November, but no updates for me yet. When did you get on the list? What did you spec?
Old 05-04-2022, 02:14 PM   #946
Doc_Bch_Stkrs
FNG

Drives: Hot Wheels
Story time:

I'm OCONUS until OCTish. Considering putting in a request for allocation with a dealer beginning of June in hopes timing will work out. Found a dealer 1.5hrs from home that will request allocation with a $1K non-refundable deposit. Says it could be 6 weeks, it could be 6 months, could be longer. No ADM, no additional packages, and the processing fee is $299 (half to 1/3 of most other dealers). I can make as specific of a request as I want now, and if I don't have a build date by 1-2 months from my return, I can broaden my choice. If it comes in before I'm home, I'll have to get someone to pick it up and arrange power of attorney, not a huge deal, but means someone else would drive it home. What say the jury?

Would put in an allocation for a Pavement Premium in MT.

Last edited by Doc_Bch_Stkrs; 05-04-2022 at 02:30 PM.
Doc_Bch_Stkrs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc_Bch_Stkrs For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 09:43 PM   #947
jdmwol2ks

Drives: 22' Model
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect View Post
Yeah I'm on their list too since November, but no updates for me yet. When did you get on the list? What did you spec?
I got on the list mid October for a base 6mt. I believe there were just 3 people ahead of me then and they all wanted a premium 6mt. They did offer me a 6mt in their original allocation, but it was black so i passed. What are you hoping for?
jdmwol2ks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jdmwol2ks For This Useful Post:
TheDonEffect (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 07:51 AM   #948
racingfool

Drives: Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Bch_Stkrs View Post
request allocation with a $1K non-refundable deposit
They can do that?
racingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:19 AM   #949
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfool View Post
They can do that?
"They" can do whatever they want, you just don't have to accept it.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Exrald (05-05-2022), Tcoat (05-05-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 10:53 AM   #950
TheDonEffect

Quote:
I got on the list mid October for a base 6mt. I believe there were just 3 people ahead of me then and they all wanted a premium 6mt. They did offer me a 6mt in their original allocation, but it was black so i passed. What are you hoping for?
Premium steel 6mt.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:15 PM   #951
Locust
Custom User Title

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S, 2012 OB Evo X MR
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Locust
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfool View Post
They can do that?
Toyota sends an allocation list out to all the dealerships in a region. Dealerships put in preference requests for specific cars from that allocation. If they're lucky they get what they asked for, if not it went to some other dealership else. Then they offer you what they have from the stuff they're actually given. Taking "pre-orders" or whatever is just a dealership thing.

Instagram:
LocustAutoX
Sponsors:
DSGPerformance Drift Office Evil Apex Racing

Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 01:28 AM   #952
juenedgi

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ with PP
Garage
TLDR: Scummy dealer said mark-up is negotiable. Car arrived and mark up ($6,200) is non-negotiable. Waste of time.

Toyota of Santa Monica, California

Placed a refundable deposit last month for a GR86 Premium MT at this dealership. They said it will have mark-up but is negotiable. They told me it will be around $4-6,000 mark up. MSRP including destination and some accessories is $32,298. In hindsight, we should have asked for something in writing that the mark-up is negotiable but we were in a time crunch as my brother needed a car.

The car arrived 2 weeks ago so my brother and I went. It's for him, so I went with him to make sure he doesn't pay a crazy mark up. We told the salesperson to not drill holes in the front license plate. We get there and it has the front plate. I asked why and they said they did it at the harbor (which I thought was BS but sure).

We test drove the car. It was nice. Went into the salesperson's room and talked numbers. She then says there is a $5,000 mark up which is non-negotiable. Then an additional $1,200 for door edge guards and ceramic coating. A total of $6,200 mark up. Offered MSRP + $1,500 mark up but it would be a $500 markup due to Toyota rebates. They didn't budge at all for this.

We had leverage. We had a printout and even had our salesperson check online for the same exact car but in halo for a $2k markup in San Francisco. They asked why we didn't buy that car and we told them we wanted to buy local. Of course, SoCal dealers we've called all had mark-up (except Longo but long waiting list) and Santa Monica isn't any different. We thought they would at least match that mark-up and then use $1,000 in Toyota rebates making it only a $1,000 mark-up. So we negotiated; they just had impatient people ready to buy with that markup that we weren't willing to pay.

On top of that, I remind her that she said it's negotiable when we put in a deposit. She said the usual 'based on the car market and how a hot car it is, we can't remove mark up.' Ended up talking to the sales manager. He said it was a miscommunication. They both said they had 2 people ready to buy with the mark-up and approved for financials. Great waste of time. Salesperson even says we signed something that we agreed to a mark-up. I told her to show me and she couldn't find it. Take caution of this dealer. Definitely on my blacklist for Toyota dealerships.

Someone bought it since it wasn't on their site the next day.

We ended up finding a 2022 Corolla SE MT sedan in Mission Hills Toyota for MSRP. I told him to practice manual (if we had gotten the GR86, it would be his first manual car) on the Corolla and later in life get the GR86 so the clutch won't take too much of a beating.

juenedgi is offline   Reply With Quote