follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

View Poll Results: What color of Series.Blue did you opt for?
Blue 176 55.70%
White 140 44.30%
Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 07-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #99
SubaruLifer

Drives: 2015 ISM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2th View Post
however i think series blue were the first batch to send out? i mean all dealers got their series blue at end of june and beginning of July (i got mine at 6/28, production in May 2014). dealers told me they will get premium and limited at the end of July.
mine VIN ending is 0559
The VINs ending in 00001 and 00002 are Ice Silver Premiums, and 00003 and 00004 are Limited automatics (White and Blue, respectively).

Last edited by SubaruLifer; 07-09-2014 at 10:50 AM.
SubaruLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #100
MeehowsBRZ
Banned

Drives: BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskaze View Post
That's pretty much it, it's just blue series is a good deal with all the goodies + it's also quieter since it comes with floor undercover insulator.
Thanks! I figured it be cheaper then buying all the parts separately because they're sooooo expensive.
MeehowsBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #101
football751

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Here's a pic of mine after I got the windows tinted. Picked it up last week in College Station, TX. They didn't mark up the price at all, but my dealer installed "option package 2" or something like that with wheel locks, rear trunk plastic mat, rear bumper applique, and maybe 1 or 2 other small things. MSRP was $30,859.

football751 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to football751 For This Useful Post:
Atticus808 (07-09-2014), Erci (07-09-2014), ericmpena (07-09-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #102
omz

Drives: BRZ
Is anyone planning on lowering the suspension on their series blue? If so, how many inches? and does anyone have pictures? I've heard that the eibach pro kit is the best option from a ride quality perspective, lowing the car by approx 1 inch. The brz wheel gap is an eyesore in my opinion.
omz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #103
ericmpena

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by omz View Post
Is anyone planning on lowering the suspension on their series blue? If so, how many inches? and does anyone have pictures? I've heard that the eibach pro kit is the best option from a ride quality perspective, lowing the car by approx 1 inch. The brz wheel gap is an eyesore in my opinion.
I'd go with Pro-Kit. I've seen many dealerships install a Pro-Kit on their show room BRZ's anyways. If you search the forums or Google you'll find a ton of pictures of FR-S' and BRZ' on a Pro-Kit. I think it's a perfect drop.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #104
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Dude, get the sti spring if u are getting a series blue.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #105
football751

Drives: n/a
I know TRD now offers lowering springs that should work on the BRZ. Haven't looked into it much however as I have to be careful not to hit the front lip on the roads around me as it is. I'm afraid if I lowered the front 1" it might make the car undriveable in my area.

I'll probably go to 18" rims when it's time to get new tires. TRD also released 18x7.0 and 18x7.5 wheels. They have a TRD center cap but it looks like you should be able to pop in the Subaru or STI cap instead of the TRD.
football751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #106
omz

Thanks Ericmpena! I agree with you about the drop. I'm going with the pro kit as soon as i get my series blue (white) this Friday.

Does anyone have a side-by-side pic of SWP and CWP?

Omz.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #107
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
They both look great, I like the white one actually reminds me of the old STI from 2006...did I already say this somewhere? LOL anyways hoping there be one I could see around here. Wish I could get one.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #108
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskaze View Post
Dude, get the sti spring if u are getting a series blue.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
He doesn't like the big wheel gap, the pink springs won't solve that for him.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #109
Jimmy45brz

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1UP View Post
I seriously cannot wait any longer for mine to come in...
me too!
Jimmy45brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #110
omz

Hey guys. So like i said before i'm picking mine up (white) this Friday, however, the dealership received it today and i stopped by during lunch to take a sneak preview.

I'M SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED

First; the wheel gap is "sortof" an eyesore, but not that bad in person. Might have to rethink of lowering the car 1 inch because the front lip is already really low to the ground. I took a pic of my shoe under it, once i figure out how to post it i will. The car with the skirts is much lower to the ground than i anticipated. It looks great.

Second; the CWP. It was really sunny today and when the sun hits the CWP it looks awesome. Thank GOD. It looks much better than it does in pictures. In pictures the car just looks white and shapeless, but in person all the pearls come out; green, pinks, yellows. Its sparkly! All the curves of the car show in person. I must say i do like it very much. When i took pics (iphone) and looked at them then looked at the car it was so different. Its a must see in person to describe. There was no SWP around to compare it to. I took an up-close pic of the paint and will post.

Third; The interior. So i thought that the interior would look cheap and I was very indifferent about it when i bought the car. BUT now seeing it in person it actually looks very nice. The blue colour looks rich and not cheap and the stitching is very well done. I actually prefer this over last yrs model with the red stitching. The blue interior with the white exterior looks great. I was at first thinking i should get the WRB to match the interior, but im now glad i didnt. It pops with the white exterior and looks like a custom job. Well done Subaru. The brz stitching on the seat is just OK - i dont prefer it, but its well stichted so whatever. Subaru could have done without it.

Forth; frame less mirror - OK guys, this is prob the most insignificant thing on the car, but it has to be my favorite!! ITS LOOKS SICK. Such a simple idea goes along way with this car. Reminds me of an expensive Samsung TV. Again a must see in person.

Overall these are my initial impressions. I'll post pics once i figure it out...
The Following User Says Thank You to omz For This Useful Post:
Auzburner (07-10-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #111
Toca

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeehowsBRZ View Post
Thanks! I figured it be cheaper then buying all the parts separately because they're sooooo expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeehowsBRZ View Post
I think it's also mildly noteworthy that all 2015 BRZ models come with an improved suspension setup. According to the Press Release, "Handling has been improved for 2015 with revised suspension dampers for smoother motion and absorption to help achieve optimum contact to uneven roads for a more enjoyable driving experience." ... whatever that means. It helps ease my conscious to justify purchasing the 2015 model over the previous...
Toca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #112
Toca

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by omz View Post
Hey guys. So like i said before i'm picking mine up (white) this Friday, however, the dealership received it today and i stopped by during lunch to take a sneak preview.

I'M SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED

First; the wheel gap is "sortof" an eyesore, but not that bad in person. Might have to rethink of lowering the car 1 inch because the front lip is already really low to the ground. I took a pic of my shoe under it, once i figure out how to post it i will. The car with the skirts is much lower to the ground than i anticipated. It looks great.

Second; the CWP. It was really sunny today and when the sun hits the CWP it looks awesome. Thank GOD. It looks much better than it does in pictures. In pictures the car just looks white and shapeless, but in person all the pearls come out; green, pinks, yellows. Its sparkly! All the curves of the car show in person. I must say i do like it very much. When i took pics (iphone) and looked at them then looked at the car it was so different. Its a must see in person to describe. There was no SWP around to compare it to. I took an up-close pic of the paint and will post.

Third; The interior. So i thought that the interior would look cheap and I was very indifferent about it when i bought the car. BUT now seeing it in person it actually looks very nice. The blue colour looks rich and not cheap and the stitching is very well done. I actually prefer this over last yrs model with the red stitching. The blue interior with the white exterior looks great. I was at first thinking i should get the WRB to match the interior, but im now glad i didnt. It pops with the white exterior and looks like a custom job. Well done Subaru. The brz stitching on the seat is just OK - i dont prefer it, but its well stichted so whatever. Subaru could have done without it.

Forth; frame less mirror - OK guys, this is prob the most insignificant thing on the car, but it has to be my favorite!! ITS LOOKS SICK. Such a simple idea goes along way with this car. Reminds me of an expensive Samsung TV. Again a must see in person.

Overall these are my initial impressions. I'll post pics once i figure it out...
Good description! It'd be great to see CWP compared to SWP, side-by-side. It's good to know there's some love for CWP and I'm glad it looks better in person with the sun and all. Damn, now I want one...
Toca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015, brz, heuburger, series.blue