follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-26-2022, 12:19 PM   #1233
slipstream8

Drives: On order: 2022 ISM BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up4speed View Post
Where did you get that nice screenshot of all the info?
How long after you placed the order did you gat ANY info at all?
I placed my order on 1/6, and yesterday, the computer at the dealer showed "Order Accepted" on 1/13 (the day they stopped taking orders). That's the only info I have so far. No VON, no estimated date, nothing. When should I expect any info at all? I'm not going to lie, I'm actually concerned that I may not see this car until they start producing 2023's.
You won't be able to get this information until your dealer gives you the VIN (car in production). What he posted is the status page that is displayed after you register your VIN to your "garage" on the MySubaru website/app.
slipstream8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slipstream8 For This Useful Post:
Up4speed (01-26-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 02:58 PM   #1234
slipstream8

Not sharing this in the Gen 2 Photo Thread because I haven't washed the transport grime off yet, but my car arrived yesterday. It took 66 days from the date I ordered, which isn't bad for a car built in Japan.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slipstream8 For This Useful Post:
AK2112 (01-27-2022), Quagmire (02-02-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 09:58 AM   #1235
otter

Drives: 22 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream8 View Post
Not sharing this in the Gen 2 Photo Thread because I haven't washed the transport grime off yet, but my car arrived yesterday. It took 66 days from the date I ordered, which isn't bad for a car built in Japan.
Nice, that's fast. From what I've been told, both dealership priority and color choice play into how fast they can earmark an order for someone. It'll be just about 4 months from order to delivery when mine shows up next week - small town dealer and a high demand color (WRB).
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:54 AM   #1236
slipstream8

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Nice, that's fast. From what I've been told, both dealership priority and color choice play into how fast they can earmark an order for someone. It'll be just about 4 months from order to delivery when mine shows up next week - small town dealer and a high demand color (WRB).
My dealership is less than 50 miles from the port, a pretty big advantage over most.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:26 PM   #1237
AK2112

Looks like Subaru is shutting down production for 6 days due to shortages

https://www.torquenews.com/1084/suba...strek-affected
AK2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 03:05 PM   #1238
STLBRZ66

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Sapphire Blue
We ordered Nov. 10th. Expecting a March delivery according to the dealer but on Jan. 23rd I got a text from salesperson saying it would be at the dealer on the 24th. We pick up on the 29th. No notification with VIN or build schedule (not complaining) just "It's heeere". Excited.
Sapphire Blue Limited AT
STLBRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to STLBRZ66 For This Useful Post:
AK2112 (01-30-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 09:56 AM   #1239
Slanders

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
WRB Sport-Tech available in London, Ontario (Canada)

Apologies if this isn't the proper thread for this.

Subaru of London has a 2022 World Rally Blue Sport-Tech available. It was being used for test drives, so it has about 250km on it. They've had a ceramic coating applied, and since then it's been sitting in the showroom.

You'll have to pay an extra $1300 for the ceramic coating, and they add $500 in fees like tire road hazard, etc. - which, ordinarily, you could probably negotiate your way out of, but good luck with that these days. I think there's a current promotion of $500 off, though, which offsets the fees nicely.

I've order a 2022 in Magnetite Gray from this dealership, and I bought my 2013 WRB from them.

The sales rep's name is Brent Erb; he's great to deal with.

675 Wharncliffe Rd. South, London, ON N6J 2N7
519-455-5985
Slanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #1240
Ogt

Drives: ‘13 AT FRS
Ordered: 11/18
MT Gray Limited & ETA April with no update on it yet (feb1)
Ogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:34 PM   #1241
AK2112

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK2112 View Post
I ordered December 4th in Indiana and when I ordered, they told me March though it could possibly be a little earlier.

Last week I asked for an update and they said it's now due in February.
Did my monthly check in with my dealer today and got good news.

I received my Vin and a delivery date of February 21. I used the vin to make a my Subaru account which shows the car being built on January 20th.

Very excited.

Last edited by AK2112; 02-01-2022 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:21 PM   #1242
danson

Drives: 22 brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK2112 View Post
Did my monthly check in with my dealer today and got good news.

I received my Vin and a delivery date of February 21. I used the vin to make a my Subaru account which shows the car being built on January 20th.

Very excited.
How did you check the manufacturing date? I entered my VIN, but I dont see anywhere on the my subaru site to show MFG date.

BTW I had a "end of February" ETA and got my VIN on 1/26 for a delivery date of Feb 10th. Going to drive 4 hrs to Houston to pick it up next Saturday!

MGM Grey / Limited.

I ordered basically every accessory for the car (no STI push button, or top air diffuser, but pretty much everything else). Most of the aero is backorder and has March/April ETA, other parts are trickling into my local dealer. Having PPF and Ceramic applied as soon as I get it back home.
danson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to danson For This Useful Post:
AK2112 (02-01-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 07:13 PM   #1243
AK2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by danson View Post
How did you check the manufacturing date? I entered my VIN, but I dont see anywhere on the my subaru site to show MFG date.

BTW I had a "end of February" ETA and got my VIN on 1/26 for a delivery date of Feb 10th. Going to drive 4 hrs to Houston to pick it up next Saturday!

MGM Grey / Limited.

I ordered basically every accessory for the car (no STI push button, or top air diffuser, but pretty much everything else). Most of the aero is backorder and has March/April ETA, other parts are trickling into my local dealer. Having PPF and Ceramic applied as soon as I get it back home.
I was just going by this date on the my subaru page:

Edit: one day later and I just got my window sticker. Rad.

Last edited by AK2112; 02-02-2022 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:57 AM   #1244
NickSpaghetti

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ 50th Anniversary
Got your order in? Share your build.

Updating that I picked up my BRZ this past week just about 4 months after placing the factory order. Some details:

Order was for a limited trim manual-transmission model in the Ignition Red color.

Placed on Sept. 25 (this is the date I clicked the submit button on the subaru factory order form with my salesperson and received confirmation and a VON).

The order was placed at a large car dealer in the Seattle, WA area.

Original ETA (on order confirmation printout, which likely just adds 4 months to the current date - Feb 2022)

In early-mid December I synced up with my salesperson and got an updated ETA of Jan.

After the holidays (in early Jan) we synced up again and got an actual delivery date estimate - 1/17

On 1/17 I hadn’t heard anything so reached out again, was told “any day, any truck now” - which would end up being decently accurate considering the car came a week and change later. As mentioned earlier in this thread the dealers don’t seem to get perfect delivery info.

I tried calling Subaru after waiting a week just to see how well their customer support line could help with info. The rep was quick to look up my order and said “1/25” as the delivery date (the date I called) - but the status of the car was “released”, which I was told could mean any point in time after the car is ready to be shipped post-port. The customer service rep suggested it was likely the car would be delivered to the dealer that day still, but could take a couple of days for the dealer to prep it for sale.

I don’t know exactly what date delivery-to-dealer was, but my salesperson reached out the following Saturday (Jan 29th) saying the car was ready for pickup THAT day.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t personally able to pick the car up at the point until the next week. I went to pick it up the following Thursday (Feb 3rd) and was in-and-out within the hour with my new shiny red sports car. It’s quite a beautiful car.

Unrelated note - since Thursday I have put 705 miles on the car (in addition to the 4 miles on the ODO at purchase, like any new car would have). I will likely complete the break-in process @1k miles by the end of today. The car is fun to drive.

TL;DR - the factory order for my spec took from 09/25 to 01/29 to be ready for pickup at my local dealer (4 months and 4 days). The original ETA date was inaccurate (the actual availability-for-pickup date was later) by just under two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NickSpaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NickSpaghetti For This Useful Post:
BRZ549 (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 11:02 AM   #1245
Up4speed

Drives: 2023 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSpaghetti View Post
Updating that I picked up my BRZ this past week just about 4 months after placing the factory order. Some details:

Order was for a limited trim manual-transmission model in the Ignition Red color.

Placed on Sept. 25 (this is the date I clicked the submit button on the subaru factory order form with my salesperson and received confirmation and a VON).

The order was placed at a large car dealer in the Seattle, WA area.

Original ETA (on order confirmation printout, which likely just adds 4 months to the current date - Feb 2022)

In early-mid December I synced up with my salesperson and got an updated ETA of Jan.

After the holidays (in early Jan) we synced up again and got an actual delivery date estimate - 1/17

On 1/17 I hadn’t heard anything so reached out again, was told “any day, any truck now” - which would end up being decently accurate considering the car came a week and change later. As mentioned earlier in this thread the dealers don’t seem to get perfect delivery info.

I tried calling Subaru after waiting a week just to see how well their customer support line could help with info. The rep was quick to look up my order and said “1/25” as the delivery date (the date I called) - but the status of the car was “released”, which I was told could mean any point in time after the car is ready to be shipped post-port. The customer service rep suggested it was likely the car would be delivered to the dealer that day still, but could take a couple of days for the dealer to prep it for sale.

I don’t know exactly what date delivery-to-dealer was, but my salesperson reached out the following Saturday (Jan 29th) saying the car was ready for pickup THAT day.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t personally able to pick the car up at the point until the next week. I went to pick it up the following Thursday (Feb 3rd) and was in-and-out within the hour with my new shiny red sports car. It’s quite a beautiful car.

Unrelated note - since Thursday I have put 705 miles on the car (in addition to the 4 miles on the ODO at purchase, like any new car would have). I will likely complete the break-in process @1k miles by the end of today. The car is fun to drive.

TL;DR - the factory order for my spec took from 09/25 to 01/29 to be ready for pickup at my local dealer (4 months and 4 days). The original ETA date was inaccurate (the actual availability-for-pickup date was later) by just under two weeks.

Congrats on your new car!!
When you ordered on Sept.25th, did you get the VON right there on the spot, or did it take a while?
I ordered 1/6, and my dealer's computer just says "order accepted" on 1/13. I don't have a VON, or estimated date, or anything else. Does this seem normal? Or am I too close to the cutoff where they stopped taking orders, and may not see the car (or get pushed to a 2023 model)?
Up4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:50 PM   #1246
NickSpaghetti

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ 50th Anniversary
Yeah I got mine right on the spot (09/25). My salesperson let me submit the order form myself and I got an order conformation page that had a vehicle order number in it (VON). Printed it out and boom, done.

NickSpaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote