follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2021, 12:07 AM   #1
imTofuCubed

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing EcuTek over OFT?

I recently ran into quite the issue with my Open Flash Tablet. I loaded up a new tune onto my tablet to flash onto my ECU after I finished installing Crawford BPB's.

All appeared to go well. No issues editing the tune in RomRaider or loading it onto my Open Flash Tablet via OpenFlash Manager to my knowledge...

When I finished the install of my Crawford BPB's I attempted to flash the new tune onto my ECU. I was greeted with Error Code 10013 (Tune file Mismatch, ECU write denied).

Upon returning to my computer and attempting to diagnose the issue, I found that I cannot download, upload or erase the data on my Open Flash Tablet.

The Download and Upload data section issues an error stating that the "Device has never been used, connect on to the vehicle and read the ECU." The Erase Data section issues the error "Cannot erase device until original file is written to ECU". When I plug it into my OBD2 port and attempt to access the read or write functionality, I receive error 10013...

Essentially I cannot add new tunes and I cannot read my ECU because the tune does not match... I am stuck.

No word back from OpenFlash Performance yet.
I am currently thinking I'd rather move to EcuTek because it will provide more tuning options and hopefully a better experience.

My question, however, is will I be able to flash an EcuTek tune over an OpenFlashTablet tune?

If anyone has any insight at all, please let me know.
Thanks!
imTofuCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 12:27 AM   #2
Drifter X

Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes. You can flash over an OFT tune with an Ecutek tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drifter X is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drifter X For This Useful Post:
tomm.brz (12-11-2021)