follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #15
Bowen
Powered by Crickets

Drives: 14' SWP MT Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I went with the Gruppe S header w/o the OP. I can't justify spending more money on the OP if there aren't any optimal gains or sounds from it.
everythingsablur (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #16
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
OFH3 has the nice merger collector. In theory it should be much better with a proper tune for it.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #17
Griever423

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
You already have the OFT so personally I think the OFH is a no brainer. I was very happy with my V1 header. I did not get the chance to try the revised tune specifically for the OFH. I say go for it. It's worth the extra money.
Griever423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #18
everythingsablur

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S RS 2.0
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
OFH3 has the nice merger collector. In theory it should be much better with a proper tune for it.
Aren't the OFH2 and OFH3 basically the same (and thus with the same merge collector), only that the OFH3 goes into an included over pipe via slip fit and clamps instead of gaskets and bolts?

Shiv's initial announcement thread didn't seem to indicate any other notable differences.
2016 Scion FR-S Release Series 2.0 #170/1000
everythingsablur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:39 PM   #19
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
Aren't the OFH2 and OFH3 basically the same (and thus with the same merge collector), only that the OFH3 goes into an included over pipe via slip fit and clamps instead of gaskets and bolts?

Shiv's initial announcement thread didn't seem to indicate any other notable differences.
http://www.openflashtablet.com/shop/...header-3-ofh3/

Check out picture 4. Sorry I'm on my phone so I can't really do a screenshot lol.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #20
RichardJ

Drives: 15' FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the input guys.
I went with OFH in the end, it seems I have to wait 2-3 weeks for the next batch of OFH's from Asia to arrive.
Since I already have OFT, it seemed like a logical choice for me.
From my understanding, OFH3 is basically OFH2 with the integrated over-pipe. Might as well change it up while I'm at it.
Will report how it sounds and the gains I am expecting
RichardJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichardJ For This Useful Post:
everythingsablur (08-30-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 04:33 AM   #21
DGM-BRZ

Drives: 2017 CWP STi
Last I checked(last month), the gruppe uel header was on world-wide back order.

You would of had to wait for a few months im assuming.

Once it's in stock, I'm probably going to buy it and swap out my custom header.
DGM-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #22
timmydatooth

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
Thanks for the input guys.
I went with OFH in the end, it seems I have to wait 2-3 weeks for the next batch of OFH's from Asia to arrive.
Since I already have OFT, it seemed like a logical choice for me.
From my understanding, OFH3 is basically OFH2 with the integrated over-pipe. Might as well change it up while I'm at it.
Will report how it sounds and the gains I am expecting
im getting the OFT and was alse thinking about getting the OFH3 with the overpipe as well. How do you like it so far? hows is the stage 2 tune? and what kind of catback do you have? uel headers super loud?
timmydatooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:18 PM   #23
RichardJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmydatooth View Post
im getting the OFT and was alse thinking about getting the OFH3 with the overpipe as well. How do you like it so far? hows is the stage 2 tune? and what kind of catback do you have? uel headers super loud?
Hey man. I did order the OFH3 but they had shipping issues. I changed to the JDL catless UEL header without an overpipe.

Regards to the tune- car definitely wakes up. Torque dip is filled and the car pulls smooth to redline.

I have the cheap but nice sounding Yonaka catback. Expensive headers + cheap catback = Expensive sound lol. 0 drone (used to have invidia N1), sounds very deep and I daresay exotic. Whole different world compared to an average n/a 4 banger that's loud/raspy/farty/shitty. Despite being catless in the header the car is not loud. Here's a link to the exhaust clip I posted before.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpKFlR4Rneo"]JDL UEL Sound Clip - YouTube[/ame]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichardJ For This Useful Post:
ort895 (04-02-2017), Teseo (04-01-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 03:29 PM   #24
timmydatooth

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
Hey man. I did order the OFH3 but they had shipping issues. I changed to the JDL catless UEL header without an overpipe.

Regards to the tune- car definitely wakes up. Torque dip is filled and the car pulls smooth to redline.

I have the cheap but nice sounding Yonaka catback. Expensive headers + cheap catback = Expensive sound lol. 0 drone (used to have invidia N1), sounds very deep and I daresay exotic. Whole different world compared to an average n/a 4 banger that's loud/raspy/farty/shitty. Despite being catless in the header the car is not loud. Here's a link to the exhaust clip I posted before.
sounds great man! which tune are you using by the way? so in the end would you recommend getting some JDL or tomei UEL headers over the OFH3?
timmydatooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #25
RichardJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmydatooth View Post
sounds great man! which tune are you using by the way? so in the end would you recommend getting some JDL or tomei UEL headers over the OFH3?

I'm using the OTS stage 2 tune.

Since I've never owned OFH3 before, I can't tell you what is better. Here are some points to think about though.

1. Access to this header specific tune. I have ran this tune with JDL and experienced knocking problems. Switched back to OTS. Since Shiv developed this tune using the OFH3, you can safely harness around 8whp more

2. Can't say for sure but someone claimed quality difference is in favour of JDL/Tomei.

3. JDL sounds more to the raspy side and OFH sounds more to the deeper side.