follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Drives: 2014 Greddy Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CEL Code P0700 and P2757

Some background. Car is 31k miles with around 12k boosted miles and automatic. I haven't done tranny fluid/diff fluid flush yet. I'm PRAYING to the 86gods that switching the fluids will fix the issue.

I normally drive in the semi auto mode using the shifter and for a while now, it's some times stuff when I shift, I just thought it was normal. Recently, whenever I shifted into 4th and was in the lower range of rpms, the CEL would show up. The car would drive normally, but whenever you downshift, the car doesn't rev match as good as before (doesn't blip as hard)

Has anyone else experienced these issues or have a fix? I checked the forums about the possible hard shifting issue, but after calling my local Subaru dealership, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it since it was meant for the '15-'16.
Soloside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:22 AM   #2
Fenix

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S + 2011 Yamaha R6
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
You changed the transmission out at some point? Why?
How long have you had your current one?
Did you buy it new?
Do you have the old one?
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
You changed the transmission out at some point? Why?
How long have you had your current one?
Did you buy it new?
Do you have the old one?
Never changed the transmission.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:11 AM   #4
HaloFRS

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloside View Post
Some background. Car is 31k miles with around 12k boosted miles and automatic. I haven't done tranny fluid/diff fluid flush yet. I'm PRAYING to the 86gods that switching the fluids will fix the issue.

I normally drive in the semi auto mode using the shifter and for a while now, it's some times stuff when I shift, I just thought it was normal. Recently, whenever I shifted into 4th and was in the lower range of rpms, the CEL would show up. The car would drive normally, but whenever you downshift, the car doesn't rev match as good as before (doesn't blip as hard)

Has anyone else experienced these issues or have a fix? I checked the forums about the possible hard shifting issue, but after calling my local Subaru dealership, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it since it was meant for the '15-'16.
Had the same code last night driving in the freeway. Same
Status. Boosted and auto. Stopped and turned the car off to gas up and when i fired her up back again it was gone. Did you figure yours at?
Old 11-21-2016, 02:33 AM   #5
thecarfilmer
IG: @nickwiththefrs

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Halo
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
i believe the P0700 is a transmission control unit communication issue. It happened when i once flashed my ECU from an OFT tune. I cleared it with my OFT and hasn't came back since. The rev matching issue happens when the CEL is on
Old 01-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #6
Soloside
-Phil's BIGGEST FAN BOI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloFRS View Post
Had the same code last night driving in the freeway. Same
Status. Boosted and auto. Stopped and turned the car off to gas up and when i fired her up back again it was gone. Did you figure yours at?

Was able to upgrade the torque converter from levelten thinking that was a fix for the issue. It wasn't. \0/

The shop that I took it to told me to sent him a snapshot of my "calculated torque table"? I'm hoping it's easily found on ecutek. The guy said that some of the numbers might need to be changed to accommodate the increase in power.