follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2022, 11:20 AM   #1
Leviticus Ezra

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/Performance Package
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question 2017 Turbo BRZ Misfire Issue

Hello everyone,

I've been chasing a misfire issue on all cylinders for a while now and just cant seem to figure out what is causing it.

Briefly this is what I have done power wise:
Works Motorsport Stage 2 Tuner kit
DW700cc injectors
DW65C Fuel Pump
Delicious Tuning flex fuel kit w/ MK1+
NGK Racing Spark Plugs
Delicious Tuning Coils
3 Bar Map sensor
Delicious Tuning EBCS
Radium Dual catch cans
GFB diverter/bov
And a few other things...

The car ran great after the initial tuning process, going from E85 to 93 was a breeze! Then one day, going to E85. The car started differently, and racked up a few misfires on each of the cylinders. The most was 20 on cylinder 4. What really throws me off, is it's not just cylinder 4. It seems to be all of them that misfire.

The misfire is very random, and doesn't just effect one cylinder more than the other. I could start the car after sitting, and it might rack up more misfires on cylinder 2 that time than any of the others. Like I said. It's just been random. One day it could run fine, with very few misfires, only upon fire up. Then other days, it could be really bad to the point where it's undrivable.

It got to the point where one day, I kept turning the car on and off to get it to run for just a few minutes at a time before it started to act up. Then it just all out quit on me and wouldn't stay running at all.

I sent my flex fuel kit in to get RMA'd and I had a faulty pressure regulator. So they swapped it out for a new one and that seemed to do the trick... Momentarily. After swapping the new sensor, it ran for about 2 days. Then the issues came right back and seemed to be only getting worse.

I've been back and fourth with my tuner, with very little success as to what could be causing this. He stated that there have been some issues with Delicious Tuning products, but I don't want to rule them out just yet.

The cars got good fuel pressure and the ethanol content reads perfectly. Which was what I was having issues with previously. But now that the flex fuel kit should be fixed, the misfires are still occuring.

Any information on this would help greatly,
Thank you

Last edited by Leviticus Ezra; 07-08-2022 at 11:48 AM.
Leviticus Ezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:57 PM   #2
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
We need a log when the car is acting up. It may point to the culprit or just help us eliminate what it is not.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote