follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 04-22-2022, 09:06 PM   #43
ka-t_240

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
More to come!
Attached Images

ka-t_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 09:10 PM   #44
ka-t_240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1855 View Post
Not an Evo but just installed a Sparco QRT-R in my BRZ using the Brey Krause mounts.

This is a larger seat so you can’t get as low due to the bottom sides of the seat hitting the sliders but still more headroom than stock seats. It’s super rough for me to fit with a helmet and stock seats without a lot of lean back but with this mounted fairly upright with a helmet on it fits but rubs a bit but with the pad out of the bottom of the seat the helmet doesn’t rub. It also has full range of sliding forward and back.

For SCCA STX folks this seat and sliders was 28.6lbs so no need to add anything else to be legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you do with the stock seat belt receptical? Or did it work fine? Looks like I will need to bend it to be usable.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:13 PM   #45
Eric1855

Drives: LP DSP / CSP '13 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-t_240 View Post
What did you do with the stock seat belt receptical? Or did it work fine? Looks like I will need to bend it to be usable.

It sits outside the seat and I run the seat belt over to it, not through the lap belt hole

You can get a small extension too that can help depending on how you want to run it
Eric1855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:42 AM   #46
ka-t_240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1855 View Post
It sits outside the seat and I run the seat belt over to it, not through the lap belt hole

You can get a small extension too that can help depending on how you want to run it
With my seat, the buckle ends up pointed almost right into the seat where the cover comes over, so can't buckle into it. I will have to bend it I think, But going to try and take it off of my 2020 wrx this afternoon and see if those will work as they are a couple inches longer.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:57 PM   #47
fkarkvan

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yEEt42069 View Post
So my PCI slider seat mount came in, and I installed my Sparco EVO QRT L. I figured I would update you guys. FYI Sparco seats do not come with bolts to screw into the side mounts. I had to buy some bolts last minute which prolonged the install. I found the size I needed in the included manual which were m8x25. The PCI seat mount is made incredibly well and sits as low as possible. Unfortunately for me, it's still not low enough, I think I gained about 1/2 inch of headroom, my helmet stills rubs on the roof if I sit straight. The only other thing I could do is get a seat mount without sliders which might get me 1 more inch of headroom.
Any pics of how you got the Sparco side mounts, mount to the sliders? The slider bolts do not align for me, wondering if I did something wrong.
fkarkvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 05:37 AM   #48
grippgoat

Drives: 2023 BRZ, 2018 Golf R 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-t_240 View Post
I have some generic resistors on the way from a buddy that has 100s of them in his shop, but decided to order one of them from the link I posted above to try it out.

I like the idea of a good clip in connector for it vs taping it up and having issues with a loose connection.

Will report back either way with results, or if I get really ambitious and take the stock plug apart and pin the resistor into it, I will put info on that.
My car came with those things from bradshacks. They were working fine. But then I pulled the race seats out, and the tips broke off when I pulled them out. Had to get them out with needle nose pliers. Not sure if they'll still work when I try to use them again.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote