follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
BagOfArms

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Exclamation PSA: Flipped Connectors on Some VLED 7443 LED Bulbs

I purchased these bulbs from VLEDS:
http://www.vleds.com/amber-15-led-tu...43-1-pair.html

They worked fine on the back of my FR-S, but I couldn't get the dual-intensity to work on the front of the car! So, last night around midnight (EST), I emailed support and got a response within 5 minutes. (They're based in California, so a quick response at 9pm their time was very surprising.) It turns out that some of the bulbs have their contacts flipped, which prevents them from working properly. Here's a picture of what they SHOULD look like:

Notice that the contacts are in the left grooves on each half of each side. The defective ones have the contacts in the right-hand grooves of each half of each side.

Luckily, this is an easy fix, just pull up the contacts and flip them to the other side of the base so that they look like the picture above. I had to do this to three out of the four bulbs I ordered, so there's a good chance you'll have to do this.

I just wanted to end with a big thanks to the support person from VLEDS. It's great to deal with a company that answers questions quickly and intelligently.
BagOfArms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulb, defect, led