follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-02-2020, 08:38 AM   #15
kthxbai

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty View Post
...but most people do this wrong because the US Spec only have a wire running to the "Hi-Watt" side of the LED assembly. If you connect it as it is then the daytime LED's are actually to bright at night and are blinding to oncoming traffic I fixed this by adding back the "Low-Watt" lead. You can also look into intergrading the new Diode Dynamics always on module into your mod...
Sorry to bring up an old thread, I just got my hands on a used set of Release Series Headlights. Could you elaborate on how to added back the low-watt lead? Right now my LED bar is blinding at night as you mentioned. I'm no electrician, so any help put in the simplest form or a picture is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #16
@Art_Mighty
uosɹǝdʎɐl ʇɹǝdxǝ

Drives: Asphalt AVO FR-S w/a Slushbox! :P
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread, I just got my hands on a used set of Release Series Headlights. Could you elaborate on how to added back the low-watt lead? Right now my LED bar is blinding at night as you mentioned. I'm no electrician, so any help put in the simplest form or a picture is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
sorry for the very late reply, I'm not here often

it's been years since i've done anything with this but i will try and find my notes. i stared at the wiring diagram for hours figuring this out. The party trick is that you need to Retrofit the existing wires onto a new plug that came from a vehicle properly equipped for factory hids

...because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn
@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to @Art_Mighty For This Useful Post:
kthxbai (12-07-2020)