follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #15
Feistyfrog

Drives: Toyota 86 2019
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well Toyota was suppose the do the alignment with the instalaltion of the springs before I got the car. I waited a about week for the camber bolts and went at a garage near from my house. I asked them to check the alignment, just in case. I'm glad I did because it was totally off on every corners and the toe was off too. So it's either they didn't do it at all or they absolutely suck at it.

I know for a fact that misadjusted toe is a kiiler on our cars. So they corrected everything and I haven't look back since.

By the way, I'm going at the dealership next Tuesday for the first 8000km service. I can't wait to hear their answer when I tell them about the alignment. Lots of BS coming I suppose...
Feistyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:14 PM   #16
Feistyfrog

I forgot to mention that the suspension felt harsher before the alignment. I think it's because the toe was so off that bump felt like the car was "dragged" from the back. I don't know if that even make sense (english is my 3rd language), but my wife told me the same thing the day after the alignment and she don't know anything about cars, camber and stuff.

For the little story, she's just glad that she can drive my 86 once a week when I take my delivery truck to my store. I was coming back home last Thursday, when I saw her sliding the back end in an exit ...I'm not sure I want her to drive it anymore, but she was so damn sexy beating the crap out of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Feistyfrog For This Useful Post:
jflogerzi (07-20-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #17
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feistyfrog View Post
Well Toyota was suppose the do the alignment with the instalaltion of the springs before I got the car. I waited a about week for the camber bolts and went at a garage near from my house. I asked them to check the alignment, just in case. I'm glad I did because it was totally off on every corners and the toe was off too. So it's either they didn't do it at all or they absolutely suck at it.

I know for a fact that misadjusted toe is a kiiler on our cars. So they corrected everything and I haven't look back since.

By the way, I'm going at the dealership next Tuesday for the first 8000km service. I can't wait to hear their answer when I tell them about the alignment. Lots of BS coming I suppose...
how "off" was everything? keep in mind different alignment machines can read differently.
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #18
TikiGuy

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
From what I know, when suspension components are installed, an alignment is done immediately after..

I was waiting for full spring sag before I got it aligned. Many of the guys here reported additional lowering after gravity and a little usage for a week.

- -

Actually went and got the alignment done today though.

I’m at -1.5/-1.4 camber front (SPC camber bolts) and “naturally” -1.9/-1.9 on the rear.

Last edited by TikiGuy; 07-18-2019 at 08:40 PM.
TikiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TikiGuy For This Useful Post:
norcalpb (07-18-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #19
Feistyfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decep View Post
how "off" was everything? keep in mind different alignment machines can read differently.
I'm not sure, but I think it was 0.30 and 0.27 or something like that...if that even make sense.

My garage is using a system with lasers. I don't know if that's precise, but it looks impressive while doing it.

The numbers is one thing, the feeling behind the wheel is another. There might be a placebo effect with stuff like that, but I swear it feels less harsh with zero toe.

Keep in mind that I live in Montréal. We are world renowned for our crappy roads in Quebec. We have oversensitive butts for road surface...and I mean, only road surface.

I went in Tcoat country (Ontario) last week for a delivery and the difference is night and day. These guys know how to make roads that last over winters.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:38 PM   #20
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,452 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Great combo. Get some camber bolts and get a really proper alignment. You like the change. For daily it's a great setup and should have came from the factory this way

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:43 AM   #21
TikiGuy

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
Great combo. Get some camber bolts and get a really proper alignment. You like the change. For daily it's a great setup and should have came from the factory this way

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I really do like the change, especially after the alignment and camber adjustment. Handles significantly better.

And yes, great for a daily driver. I think general populous may mind the occasional scraping (but I don’t).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TikiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TikiGuy For This Useful Post:
Feistyfrog (07-24-2019)